ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Clean Your Recent Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

In this day and age, you have quite a few apps installed and running on your Android … more

Android Studio Reaches Release Candidate Status

Android app developers have a few options when comes to Android IDEs. One of the most … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

know how to bypass mobile hotspot cap?

OP ihateu

5th June 2014, 12:50 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5

151 posts
I use foxfi to tether to my PlayStation from my phone. Today I got this txt msg.
Free T-Mobile MSG: You've used 3GB of Smartphone Mobile HotSpot service & will be blocked until 06/07/2014.Any work around for this, or do I have to wait until next billing cycle ? I heard there's ways to hide your tether usage but I haven't found 1
7th June 2014, 03:13 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 4,441

6,898 posts
Donate to Me
More
If you have unlimited data then you're going to need to purchase a vpn. They can average around 3 dollars a month

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
13th August 2014, 02:04 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 46

163 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb

If you have unlimited data then you're going to need to purchase a vpn. They can average around 3 dollars a month

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

elesbb,

I am going to get a VPN as I want to be able to tether more than my 5gb tethering limit (unlimited normal data). Can you give me some help on how to set this up? I plan to use a router so I can connect my PS3 and tablet. Do I connect the other devices to the router, then the router to the phone or do I have to connect the devices individually directly to the phone? It's not clear to me how I connect it all.

Second, is private internet access (PIA) as good as anyone else?
13th August 2014, 04:23 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 4,441

6,898 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorchange

elesbb,

I am going to get a VPN as I want to be able to tether more than my 5gb tethering limit (unlimited normal data). Can you give me some help on how to set this up? I plan to use a router so I can connect my PS3 and tablet. Do I connect the other devices to the router, then the router to the phone or do I have to connect the devices individually directly to the phone? It's not clear to me how I connect it all.

You can connect the PS3 and Tablet directly to the phone's tethering. I had used a free VPN service just to see how/if it all works and it does. The free VPN was throttling my bandwidth so playing PS3 games online was horrendous. But you simply download a VPN app to the phone (or use the one already there) enter in your account details for the VPN, then simply connect. Now all data flowing in and out of your phone is encrypted and annonymous through the VPN.

---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorchange

elesbb,

BTW, Private Internet Access is pretty good. Here is a list of other Top VPN services to check out. Personally, I'm thinking of going with Private Internet Access.

However, others i'm looking at are:

ExpressVPN
BTGuard
The Following User Says Thank You to elesbb For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th August 2014, 05:02 PM   |  #5  

163 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb

You can connect the PS3 and Tablet directly to the phone's tethering. I had used a free VPN service just to see how/if it all works and it does. The free VPN was throttling my bandwidth so playing PS3 games online was horrendous. But you simply download a VPN app to the phone (or use the one already there) enter in your account details for the VPN, then simply connect. Now all data flowing in and out of your phone is encrypted and annonymous through the VPN.

---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

BTW, Private Internet Access is pretty good. Here is a list of other Top VPN services to check out. Personally, I'm thinking of going with Private Internet Access.

However, others i'm looking at are:

ExpressVPN
BTGuard

Thanks man!
27th August 2014, 03:26 PM   |  #6  

163 posts
I got tagged by Tmo for exceeding my tethering cap. Installed PDAnet+ and it works perfectly after two days. The only drawback is you can't wifi tether and must USB tether but I'm still happy.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread