Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,898 Members 48,402 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Airplay fully working and Mirroring too.. AndroidApple Tv allinOne

Tip us?

jarcuri
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Do you know if they make a similar app for android phones. I've tried a bunch and none mirror the screen they just send certain things like music and video

toe-rag
Old
(Last edited by toe-rag; 9th August 2014 at 05:29 PM.) Reason: fix link
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubble2 View Post
airplay is working on the fire tv including mirror mode using AirPlay/DLNA Receiver (PRO)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ain.airplaydmr

I PAID FOR IT and then sideloaded it using root uninstaller on my phone to make a backup

launched app and made no changes to the default settings

it works perfect

note

the bbc iplayer works on my ipad too but you must enable mirror mode before playing a video the video then shows fullscreen

some times you may get audio and a black screen found if I hit home on the fire remote and then select airplay/mirror device again on ipad it plays perfect again
this black screen bug only happens in mirror mode a minor problem(just hit home and start again)

android and apple tv rolled in to one for an extra $4.90

based on your experience - thought I would give it a try ...

installed the (lite) version (AirPlay/DLNA Receiver (LITE)) and get this error on the Fire TV screen when I turn on the "Mirroring" option on either my iPad or iPhone

Quote:
Built-in Firmware Player in your device does not support this format, Error Code: 1-00000002
I'm trying to get the XFiinity apps to work - via AirPlay - I've tried using the builtin service on XBMC but for XFinity it doesn't work either.

WaxRain
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default mirror

[QUOTE=toe-rag;54717545]based on your experience - thought I would give it a try ...

installed the (lite) version (AirPlay/DLNA Receiver (LITE)) and get this error on the Fire TV screen when I turn on the "Mirroring" option on either my iPad or iPhone

Hi, the Lite version does not support airplay mirroring.

realtuxen
Old
(Last edited by realtuxen; 12th August 2014 at 08:23 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Hi,
I use thise http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...GS]AirReciever
*notice 180 coins back.

It does pretty much every thing you can mirror your ipad screen and the lag is low enough so you can easely play games such as the walking dead episode 1 & 2.and other action adventure games. (the audio latency is set well below 200ms with no problems using the iPad3) besides Airplay it also supports DMR/DNLB, and if you have a MAC you can use it as a extra screen natively. this can also be done on PC using the bit limited AirParrot. And it's developed for aFTV.

daillest319
Old
(Last edited by daillest319; 16th August 2014 at 05:44 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Default mirroring lag

Does any one know if mirroring is going to be improved? There seems to be a lot of lag for games my kids play. I tried both AirPlay/DLNA Receiver (PRO) and AirReceiver but both lag with sonic transformed, bubble guppies and more

dbdoshi
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by realtuxen View Post
this can also be done on PC using the bit limited AirParrot. And it's developed for aFTV.
If you go to the app's website, you can download the "AirPinPCSender" app and install it on your Windows box. I have it on my laptop and it works flawlessly to mirror my laptop to FTV

tommybluez
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
I just purchased both a
Lenovo Pro Yoga 2
and
Macbook Air 13

Trying to decide which I like better.. while the touch screen is cool and being able to use it as a tablet is fun on the Lenovo - I've had enough wireless connectivity issues that it's been frustrating (not sure if it's windows 8.1 or the card in the computer) - but my old HP stays connected flawlessly so I know it's not the wireless.

I rec'd the Air today - so I'll play with that and make my decision. I already bought and apple TV which works well enough, but the AirParrot app can only mirror the image of the PC and leaves a bar around the entire thing - there's some pretty evident lag as well just browsing.

I originally was going to go w/ the Fire TV and just found out about this app you guys are talking about.

So, essentially I can do a Fire TV (and download the app for airplay?) and download the app to make the apple stream to Fire? I can do both Mirror and 2nd screeN?

Thanks!!

q8wii
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Thank you

Thank you for the idea

Dhickory
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Anyone know of a way to mirror an android phone on the fire tv without root? I know AllCast beta can, but iirc you need root and I'm trying to to root my work phone.