[Firmware] Engineering Bootloader N900PVPECNC5

OP freeza

21st July 2014, 08:55 PM   |  #111  
Thanks Meter: 29

177 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by micmars

All of this applies to the TouchWiz rom build the phone was on prior to installing an AOSP variant.

If ever on a TouchWiz KitKat build prior to flashing an AOSP rom, you cannot go back to jellybean.

If never on a TouchWiz KitKat build prior to flashing an AOSP rom, then you can flash TouchWiz jellybean.

In sum, yes. Everything indexes to the last TouchWiz build you were on as to whether you can flash jellybean now.

As noted, once the phone has upgraded to TouchWiz KitKat, no combination of steps of which I'm aware will ever allow you to go back to jellybean.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Thank you for the sharp answer. I'm still ought to try a 4.3 Nandroid as this is a test phone thus I'm not afraid of bricking it, but indeed you saved me a lot of frustration. Anyway if you have an Mj4 Nandroid or some one who reads my message has one, I'd be glad to have a share of it.
21st July 2014, 09:08 PM   |  #112  
Flag Tampa Bay
Thanks Meter: 10,533

5,997 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustasusi

Thank you for the sharp answer. I'm still ought to try a 4.3 Nandroid as this is a test phone thus I'm not afraid of bricking it, but indeed you saved me a lot of frustration. Anyway if you have an Mj4 Nandroid or some one who reads my message has one, I'd be glad to have a share of it.

Glad to have helped.

As noted, that which you are trying to accomplish is unattainable. If you want to brick your phone, there are far swifter ways to do it.

As to sharing a Nandroid backup from my phone with anyone other than myself, I will choose not do to so.

If another chooses to indulge your foray, I would strongly caution against it.

You could always test your theory with one of the 4.3 roms on these forums.

Good luck!

Last edited by micmars; 21st July 2014 at 09:36 PM.
21st July 2014, 09:26 PM   |  #113  
Forum Moderator
Flag Maras Dantia
Thanks Meter: 7,188

6,150 posts
More
It is highly advised not to share nandroid backups, they contain sensitive information, account numbers, logins, etc...
Even with a completely wiped device, fresh flash from a tar, The device meid and other various identifiers are contained in a nandroid.
There has been an answer to the question that suits the needs of what's being/trying to be accomplished, and access to someone else's information is not necessary to do it.
Last edited by Stryke_the_Orc; 21st July 2014 at 09:39 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stryke_the_Orc For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th August 2014, 08:17 AM   |  #114  
Flag Lewisville, Tx
Thanks Meter: 209

894 posts
More
Ok this thread is really old. But lately I have been getting kernel panics, so I thought I go back to Stock NC5 bootloader instead of the Eng one.. But each time I try to flash in Odin, I get failed.. Any ideas.. I am running the S5 Port rom..
Last edited by doubledragon5; 27th August 2014 at 08:37 AM.
27th August 2014, 01:29 PM   |  #115  
Flag Tampa Bay
Thanks Meter: 10,533

5,997 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledragon5

Ok this thread is really old. But lately I have been getting kernel panics, so I thought I go back to Stock NC5 bootloader instead of the Eng one.. But each time I try to flash in Odin, I get failed.. Any ideas.. I am running the S5 Port rom..

The thread hasn't been updated because no later version exists.

Power off device completely, then enter download mode. Flash from PC Odin, file goes into bootloader slot.

I've read this lately, that the stock bootloader isn't sticking. If yes, you can flash the stock tar in my thread or others linked in this forum, or one-click NC5 provided by @rwilco12. Stock rom means stock bootloader inclusive (yeah, I'm sure you know, but some don't).

The Following User Says Thank You to micmars For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th August 2014, 06:17 PM   |  #116  
Flag Lewisville, Tx
Thanks Meter: 209

894 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by micmars

The thread hasn't been updated because no later version exists.

Power off device completely, then enter download mode. Flash from PC Odin, file goes into bootloader slot.

I've read this lately, that the stock bootloader isn't sticking. If yes, you can flash the stock tar in my thread or others linked in this forum, or one-click NC5 provided by @rwilco12. Stock rom means stock bootloader inclusive (yeah, I'm sure you know, but some don't).

Thanks micmars wasn't sure if having to return to a stock rom first was the problem. But for now I did just that and everything is fine..
The Following User Says Thank You to doubledragon5 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread