UPDATED 12/15 [ROM][P900][P900UEU1BNK1] Original Stock and Debloated Stock Variants

Search This thread

Gatsrom

Oct 5, 2010
Original Stock and Debloated Stock Variants for the Samsung Note 12.2 Pro Wi-Fi Version

These roms are simple flashable zips that you can flash from your custom boot manager. It does not use an aroma installer. Instead I made two versions. This should avoid almost all the problems people were having because there are not modifying options in the installer before running it. It is based on the latest software out officially for this model: P900UEU1BNK1

Device and Firmware Info:
Model: SM-P900
Model name: GALAXY NotePRO 12.2 Wi-Fi
Version: Android 4.4.2
Changelist: 2582108
Build date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 02:08:13 +0000
Product Code: XAR
PDA: P900UEU1BNK1
CSC: P900XAR1BNK1
MODEM: P900UEU1BNK1
Originated from: http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/download/39463/P900UEU1BNK1_P900XAR1BNK1_XAR.zip

YOU NEED TO HAVE A CUSTOM BOOT LOADER. i.e. you will need to have tripped your knox counter. There is no way for the P900 currently to have a custom bootloader and not trip knox to 0x01. Some of the non-wifi variants using the snapdragon setup can do this with TowerlRoot. We cannot :(

Custom Bootloader:
I use TWRP version 2.8.0 - INSTALL WITH ODIN NOT THE MANAGER.

It can be found here: Download TWRP

Once you have installed the custom bootloader you can now load roms and make and restore backups for your device. The first thing you should do at this point is boot into TWRP and immediately MAKE A FULL SYSTEM BACKUP. First, before anything else. Do this to be safe.

Next you need to choose which version you of the rom you want to flash. Both of these were built mostly from ArchiKitchen and then I did some modifying after but I need to thank JustArchi for making this easier to put together for you guys, take a look at it here. Most will probably go for the debloated version, but some people like an untouched setup.

Steps to Install:
1. Copy this version onto your device, I use my SDcard.
2. In TWRP, go to wipe, advanced wipe and check Cache, Dalvik, Data and then wipe. This seems like it takes a good 5 minutes so don’t think it’s locked up. Let it do it’s thing.
3. Go to Install, select the flashable zip. Flash.
4. You can reboot the system at this point.
5. Startup should bring you to the 4 dots google splash screen. First load takes a few minutes let it do its thing.
6. Setup your device, done. Enjoy.

Near Stock Untouched Version:
This version the system has had no debloating freezing or removal of apps. This version has simply been Rooted, Zipaligned, Deodexed, Added Init.d Support, Busybox Support, Knox has been removed, and supports custom Boot Animations. This is the closest you can get to how the device comes new. The near stock untouched version can be found here:

Click to Download the Near Stock Untouched Version
md5: b337d0b4f01e96ad869b0f7e55ebaac7

Debloated Version:
This version the system applications have been modified to greatly improve performance of the device. This version has been Rooted, Zipaligned, Deodexed, Added Init.d Support, Busybox Support, Knox has been removed, and supports custom Boot Animations. On top of this it has been debloated by removing and freezing apps. Below is a list of apps that have been frozen or removed. The debloated version can be found here:

Click to Download the Debloated Version
md5: 1993c45dc71dedd7b65e2575b9a57740

Apps that have been removed:

Books.apk
Chrome.apk
Magazines.apk
talkback.apk
Videos.apk
Blurb.apk
Flipboard.apk
FWUpgrade.apk
InteractiveTutorial.apk
MediaUploader.apk
MobileTrackerEngineTwo.apk
PickUpTutorial.apk
PreloadInstaller.apk
RoseEUKor.apk
SamsungSans.apk
sCloudBackupApp.apk
sCloudBackupProvider.apk
sCloudDataRelay.apk
sCloudDataSync.apk
sCloudQuotaApp.apk
sCloudSyncCalendar.apk
sCloudSyncContacts.apk
SNS.apk
SPPPushClient_Prod.apk
TravelService.apk
AutomationTest_FB.apk
BluetoothTest.apk
HwModuleTest.apk
WlanTest.apk
NoiseField.apk
PhaseBeam.apk
video
LowBattery.ogg
PowerOn.ogg
TW_Silent_mode_off.ogg
TW_Volume_control.ogg

Apps that have been frozen:
LocalFOTA.apk

AccuweatherTablet2014.apk
AntHalService.apk
ANTPlusPlugins.apk
ANTRadioService.apk
BBW.apk
ELMAgent.apk
eMeeting_HANCOM.apk
Kies.apk
MyMagazine.apk
NYTimes.apk
PCWClientS18.apk
Pinboard.apk
RemotePC.apk
Samsungservice_xlarge-xhdpi.apk
sCloudSyncSBrowser.apk
sCloudSyncSNote3.apk
SFinder.apk
Twitter.apk
watchON.apk
WebExMeetings.apk

If there is an APK you need that was removed, and you honestly cannot find it yourself, I can pull it from the stock folder for you, but don’t be lazy. Only ask if you really can’t find it yourself.

APKS Users May Want Back Individually
Samsung App Store thing: Samsung Store Apk

If you use the air command function with the S-pen and want back sfinder or the clipboard function.
Use Root Explorer or a similar app and browse to /system/priv-app/ rename both Sfinder.apk.bak and Pinboard.apk.bak to Sfinder.apk and Pinboard.apk (remove the .bak extensions). Reboot your tablet.

Disclaimer:
Your warranty is most likely already void if you have completed the steps to actually flash this ROM, I am not responsible for anything you do with your own device, if you can't follow directions or read that is not my problem. Follow Directions as they are listed and you should be fine. Knowing all this you do this AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Things that will make your tablet even better:

The Xposed Framework
The Xposed Framework is a custom framework using a hook that works on top of stock android systems that have root access. It is made by Rovo89 and the general thread can be read about here: Click Me!.

The Xposed Framework uses components called modules, which can be loaded on the device in various combinations to achieve many of the functions that used to only be provided by fully customized roms. I use several on my device and will list each below.

Recommended Xposed Framework Modules:

Activity Force New Task
App Settings
Boot Manager
Burnt Toast
Cool Tool
CrappaLinks
Disable Clear Dialogues Default
Disable Batter Full Alert
DitheredHoloBackground
KitKat SD Card Full Access
Remove USB Storage Warning
Samsung Keyboard Short Delay
Smooth System Progress Bars
Wanam Xposed
XVolume30
Xposed Recent Tasks Ram
YouTube AdAway
Allow Youtube Fullscreen HDMI

Old Versions:
P900UEU1BNI2 September 2014
Stock
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95747613655040578
md5: 97ba25203862f75cac18c91f44cb427c
Debloated Stock
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95747613655040601
md5: 19849ea3b143ba3f376405341764b8b3

P900UEU1ANC5 August 2014
Stock
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23622183712461879
md5: 0c2020121d2ae93dcda47acd1e4a1b04
Debloated Stock
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23622183712463362
MD5: 5eed908f12bb29f3319d56e64b09d10b

XDA:DevDB Information
Gatsrom, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2

Contributors
Gatsrom
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
Based On: Stock Touchwiz

Version Information

Created 2014-08-27
Last Updated 2014-12-14

Last edited:

Gatsrom

Oct 5, 2010
In case I need more room for something??

Oh I know, one thing. I'll volunteer to do this each time we get a new android version for our tablet. Time permitting.

Whats next?
1. If enough people ask for an app added back in I'll put it back in.
2. I'm experimenting with a version that has the Xposed framework and my setup cooked into the rom.
3. I'm also experimenting with some manual theming and tweaks to add into it, but I don't want to go crazy with it.

Last edited:

muzzy996

Feb 4, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii
Awesome! Thanks for this!

Question: How does one go about developing these variants? Is it a matter of customizing an install through the tablet itself and then making an image of it or is development done completely offline on computer?

I'm curious because I'd like to experiment with making a debloated ROM myself just to play around with.

Thanks!

Gatsrom

Oct 5, 2010
Awesome! Thanks for this!

Question: How does one go about developing these variants? Is it a matter of customizing an install through the tablet itself and then making an image of it or is development done completely offline on computer?

I'm curious because I'd like to experiment with making a debloated ROM myself just to play around with.

Thanks!

I do it on a computer completely. That way nothing from my device is taken personally like info etc. Plus it's cleaner. Main thing is you need Linux first and foremost or at least a vm setup running linux. I use ubuntu/kubuntu. That is how the image, kernel etc is compiled and smushed together. I do not think there is a possible way to build a linux kernel in windows.(?) The app removal/freezing is one of two ways. One I have a txt file with the apps names and/or dirs that I can tweak as needed and it will just rm them as it goes through the list. The other way is i go into the system/app folder before building it and modify the apks directly. This is how I do themeing changes, which I may or may not do for the note. For freezing I add .bak to them so they are not loaded.

While doing this I got our device added to the archikitchen database, so you no longer will need to manually enter the boot sector. It should autodetect the blk upon startup.

Last edited:
Reactions: muzzy996

muzzy996

Feb 4, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii
Wow, I'd love to learn how to do this so that I can tinker with making a slimmer touchwiz rom. Guess I got my work cut out for me on doing research.

angus454

Feb 8, 2007
Rochester, NY
Thank you SO very much ! I'm downloading the debloated version now. You rule !

Update: I'm up and running on the tweaked ROM ! I wanted to share a few things my 900 did so others will know...

... During the Dalvic cache wipe, the device suddenly rebooted! I got to the Samsung splash and it hung. I rebooted into twrp, then did the other three wipes first and waited for the 'successful' notification. Once I saw that, I rewiped the dalvic cache w/o problems and continued.

... during the actual flashing of the ROM, I expected the 5 minutes or so load time indicated by the instructions. Mine was closer to two minutes and it rebooted. The status bar had barely crept into the blue... It totally freaked me out, but I let it ride and soon was looking at the Google 4 dots screen. that lasted maybe 2 more minutes and I was up and running. So, don't panic if it happens to you too :)

... I saw you mention Xposed; for what it's worth I pretty much always load boot manager and App Opps; they are great! Occasionally I'll go for xPrivacy too, but haven't so far. I would suggest looking into AdAway as well ( an app, not a module )

thanks again for making this ROM!

Last edited:

flipper2006

Jan 22, 2009
Hollywood, FL
----> Resolved......

I'm a little confused with how to get into TWRP. I downloaded the correct img and installed TWRP manager.. went thru the steps with busybox etc.. but when I reboot into recovery..
I get the following:
Android system recovery <3e>
KOT49H........... etc...

Reboot (which reboots back in normal tablet)
Apply update from ADB
Apply update from EXT storage
Wipe Data/Fac Reset
Wipe Cache
Apply update from cache

on the bottom of screen

#manual mode #
Apply Multi CSC
Applied the CSC-code : XAR
Sucessfully applied multi-CSC.

Until I know what to do, I just rebooted back into the normal factory os I been using.

I been using TWRP on other devices so I know something is going on here.. Please let me know what to do next.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Gatsrom

Oct 5, 2010
----> Resolved......

I'm a little confused with how to get into TWRP. I downloaded the correct img and installed TWRP manager.. went thru the steps with busybox etc.. but when I reboot into recovery..
I get the following:
KOT49H........... etc...

Apply update from ADB
Wipe Data/Fac Reset
Wipe Cache
Apply update from cache

on the bottom of screen

#manual mode #
Apply Multi CSC

Until I know what to do, I just rebooted back into the normal factory os I been using.

I been using TWRP on other devices so I know something is going on here.. Please let me know what to do next.

Thanks!

Odin definitely odin. What you described is the manager not correctly installing twrp. I never use the manager for anything. Always odin. Simpler.

edit: actually going to add that to the first post.

Last edited:

flipper2006

Jan 22, 2009
Hollywood, FL
Check out Flashify, it worked very well. I had downloaded the img ahead of time but it found the correct one anyhow..

regardless... It's now 7 hours later after flashing and loading my stuff back. 0% battery drain where before I had around 1-4% and nearly everything was greenified.

Thanks so much ...

PS. I hope we start seeing a bunch of these now that this is proven that it will work!

Reactions: amityg

amityg

I get it setup and all is working. Use twrp to get a backup. Then after each reboot it will not remember my home WiFi password. Looking online now for solution
Installed backup and no longer have the problem. I did have to install the sdfix app because I could not get my mail app to export settings.

Last edited:

flipper2006

Jan 22, 2009
Hollywood, FL
I get it setup and all is working. Use twrp to get a backup. Then after each reboot it will not remember my home WiFi password. Looking online now for solution
Installed backup and no longer have the problem. I did have to install the sdfix app because I could not get my mail app to export settings.

That's weird, I didn't have that problem, only issue was on first boot, Rom Tool Box wouldn't load, but after restarting, its been fine. No issue with Wifi here

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Original Stock and Debloated Stock Variants for the Samsung Note 12.2 Pro Wi-Fi Version

These roms are simple flashable zips that you can flash from your custom boot manager. It does not use an aroma installer. Instead I made two versions. This should avoid almost all the problems people were having because there are not modifying options in the installer before running it. It is based on the latest software out officially for this model: P900UEU1BNK1

Device and Firmware Info:
    Model: SM-P900
    Model name: GALAXY NotePRO 12.2 Wi-Fi
    Version: Android 4.4.2
    Changelist: 2582108
    Build date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 02:08:13 +0000
    Product Code: XAR
    PDA: P900UEU1BNK1
    CSC: P900XAR1BNK1
    MODEM: P900UEU1BNK1
    Originated from: http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/download/39463/P900UEU1BNK1_P900XAR1BNK1_XAR.zip

YOU NEED TO HAVE A CUSTOM BOOT LOADER. i.e. you will need to have tripped your knox counter. There is no way for the P900 currently to have a custom bootloader and not trip knox to 0x01. Some of the non-wifi variants using the snapdragon setup can do this with TowerlRoot. We cannot :(

Custom Bootloader:
    I use TWRP version 2.8.0 - INSTALL WITH ODIN NOT THE MANAGER.

It can be found here: Download TWRP

Once you have installed the custom bootloader you can now load roms and make and restore backups for your device. The first thing you should do at this point is boot into TWRP and immediately MAKE A FULL SYSTEM BACKUP. First, before anything else. Do this to be safe.

Next you need to choose which version you of the rom you want to flash. Both of these were built mostly from ArchiKitchen and then I did some modifying after but I need to thank JustArchi for making this easier to put together for you guys, take a look at it here. Most will probably go for the debloated version, but some people like an untouched setup.

Steps to Install:
    1. Copy this version onto your device, I use my SDcard.
    2. In TWRP, go to wipe, advanced wipe and check Cache, Dalvik, Data and then wipe. This seems like it takes a good 5 minutes so don’t think it’s locked up. Let it do it’s thing.
    3. Go to Install, select the flashable zip. Flash.
    4. You can reboot the system at this point.
    5. Startup should bring you to the 4 dots google splash screen. First load takes a few minutes let it do its thing.
    6. Setup your device, done. Enjoy.

Near Stock Untouched Version:
    This version the system has had no debloating freezing or removal of apps. This version has simply been Rooted, Zipaligned, Deodexed, Added Init.d Support, Busybox Support, Knox has been removed, and supports custom Boot Animations. This is the closest you can get to how the device comes new. The near stock untouched version can be found here:

Click to Download the Near Stock Untouched Version
    md5: b337d0b4f01e96ad869b0f7e55ebaac7

Debloated Version:
    This version the system applications have been modified to greatly improve performance of the device. This version has been Rooted, Zipaligned, Deodexed, Added Init.d Support, Busybox Support, Knox has been removed, and supports custom Boot Animations. On top of this it has been debloated by removing and freezing apps. Below is a list of apps that have been frozen or removed. The debloated version can be found here:

Click to Download the Debloated Version
    md5: 1993c45dc71dedd7b65e2575b9a57740

Apps that have been removed:

Books.apk
    Chrome.apk
    Magazines.apk
    talkback.apk
    Videos.apk
    Blurb.apk
    Flipboard.apk
    FWUpgrade.apk
    InteractiveTutorial.apk
    MediaUploader.apk
    MobileTrackerEngineTwo.apk
    PickUpTutorial.apk
    PreloadInstaller.apk
    RoseEUKor.apk
    SamsungSans.apk
    sCloudBackupApp.apk
    sCloudBackupProvider.apk
    sCloudDataRelay.apk
    sCloudDataSync.apk
    sCloudQuotaApp.apk
    sCloudSyncCalendar.apk
    sCloudSyncContacts.apk
    SNS.apk
    SPPPushClient_Prod.apk
    TravelService.apk
    AutomationTest_FB.apk
    BluetoothTest.apk
    HwModuleTest.apk
    WlanTest.apk
    NoiseField.apk
    PhaseBeam.apk
    video
    LowBattery.ogg
    PowerOn.ogg
    TW_Silent_mode_off.ogg
    TW_Volume_control.ogg

Apps that have been frozen:
    LocalFOTA.apk

AccuweatherTablet2014.apk
    AntHalService.apk
    ANTPlusPlugins.apk
    ANTRadioService.apk
    BBW.apk
    ELMAgent.apk
    eMeeting_HANCOM.apk
    Kies.apk
    MyMagazine.apk
    NYTimes.apk
    PCWClientS18.apk
    Pinboard.apk
    RemotePC.apk
    Samsungservice_xlarge-xhdpi.apk
    sCloudSyncSBrowser.apk
    sCloudSyncSNote3.apk
    SFinder.apk
    Twitter.apk
    watchON.apk
    WebExMeetings.apk

If there is an APK you need that was removed, and you honestly cannot find it yourself, I can pull it from the stock folder for you, but don’t be lazy. Only ask if you really can’t find it yourself.

APKS Users May Want Back Individually
    Samsung App Store thing: Samsung Store Apk

If you use the air command function with the S-pen and want back sfinder or the clipboard function.
    Use Root Explorer or a similar app and browse to /system/priv-app/ rename both Sfinder.apk.bak and Pinboard.apk.bak to Sfinder.apk and Pinboard.apk (remove the .bak extensions). Reboot your tablet.

Disclaimer:
    Your warranty is most likely already void if you have completed the steps to actually flash this ROM, I am not responsible for anything you do with your own device, if you can't follow directions or read that is not my problem. Follow Directions as they are listed and you should be fine. Knowing all this you do this AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Things that will make your tablet even better:

The Xposed Framework
    The Xposed Framework is a custom framework using a hook that works on top of stock android systems that have root access. It is made by Rovo89 and the general thread can be read about here: Click Me!.

The Xposed Framework uses components called modules, which can be loaded on the device in various combinations to achieve many of the functions that used to only be provided by fully customized roms. I use several on my device and will list each below.

Recommended Xposed Framework Modules:

Activity Force New Task
    App Settings
    Boot Manager
    Burnt Toast
    Cool Tool
    CrappaLinks
    Disable Clear Dialogues Default
    Disable Batter Full Alert
    DitheredHoloBackground
    KitKat SD Card Full Access
    Remove USB Storage Warning
    Samsung Keyboard Short Delay
    Smooth System Progress Bars
    Wanam Xposed
    XVolume30
    Xposed Recent Tasks Ram
    YouTube AdAway
    Allow Youtube Fullscreen HDMI

Old Versions:
    P900UEU1BNI2 September 2014
    Stock
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95747613655040578
    md5: 97ba25203862f75cac18c91f44cb427c
    Debloated Stock
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95747613655040601
    md5: 19849ea3b143ba3f376405341764b8b3

P900UEU1ANC5 August 2014
    Stock
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23622183712461879
    md5: 0c2020121d2ae93dcda47acd1e4a1b04
    Debloated Stock
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23622183712463362
    MD5: 5eed908f12bb29f3319d56e64b09d10b

XDA:DevDB Information
    Gatsrom, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2

Contributors
    Gatsrom
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    Based On: Stock Touchwiz

Version Information

Created 2014-08-27
    Last Updated 2014-12-14
    In case I need more room for something??

Oh I know, one thing. I'll volunteer to do this each time we get a new android version for our tablet. Time permitting.

Whats next?
    1. If enough people ask for an app added back in I'll put it back in.
    2. I'm experimenting with a version that has the Xposed framework and my setup cooked into the rom.
    3. I'm also experimenting with some manual theming and tweaks to add into it, but I don't want to go crazy with it.
    Crud...Nope. Saw someone post about a new version and I guess I jumped the gun! That's what I get for skimming. :) Hopefully it'll go out to the rest of us, soon.

So I did some digging, it turns out all the ones posted this week in Dec, have a build date of Nov 10-17th or so. Then I looked at the end of November and cellular south's published date is also in built mid Nov at the same time. It is also a newer version than I had up, P900XAR1BNK1. So I updated both stock and debloated to that as of today. Also froze a few more apps.

If another shows up in a few days. I'll do that one too. I sort of like making sure I have it done for each version we get. Just feels thorough.
    Thank you SO very much ! I'm downloading the debloated version now. You rule !

Update: I'm up and running on the tweaked ROM ! I wanted to share a few things my 900 did so others will know...

... During the Dalvic cache wipe, the device suddenly rebooted! I got to the Samsung splash and it hung. I rebooted into twrp, then did the other three wipes first and waited for the 'successful' notification. Once I saw that, I rewiped the dalvic cache w/o problems and continued.

... during the actual flashing of the ROM, I expected the 5 minutes or so load time indicated by the instructions. Mine was closer to two minutes and it rebooted. The status bar had barely crept into the blue... It totally freaked me out, but I let it ride and soon was looking at the Google 4 dots screen. that lasted maybe 2 more minutes and I was up and running. So, don't panic if it happens to you too :)

... I saw you mention Xposed; for what it's worth I pretty much always load boot manager and App Opps; they are great! Occasionally I'll go for xPrivacy too, but haven't so far. I would suggest looking into AdAway as well ( an app, not a module )

thanks again for making this ROM!
    ----> Resolved......

I get the following:
    KOT49H........... etc...

Apply update from ADB
    Wipe Data/Fac Reset
    Wipe Cache
    Apply update from cache

on the bottom of screen

#manual mode #
    Apply Multi CSC

Thanks!

Odin definitely odin. What you described is the manager not correctly installing twrp. I never use the manager for anything. Always odin. Simpler.

edit: actually going to add that to the first post.