Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,846 Members 39,874 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KEYBOARD][4.0+] NextApp Keyboard: AOSP-derived Keyboard with Arrow, Function Keys

Tip us?

tliebeck
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2061
Beta Release: 0.86:

Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...utmethod.latin (Just uploaded, may take an hour to become available)

Direct Download: http://android.nextapp.com/keyboard/r86/NAK_r86.apk

This is another beta period extension release. I've been working on some theme tweaks to the Material Design theme but they were not ready in time for this release. Thanks for your patience on this and apologies for a second such "lame" release.
Tod Liebeck // NextApp
[ Google+ ] [ Twitter ] [ FX File Explorer: XDA Thread | Play Store ] [ WebSharing: XDA Thread | Play Store ] [ NextApp Keyboard: XDA Thread | Play Store ] [ Atlas Web Browser: XDA Thread | Play Store ]
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tliebeck For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sordna
Old
Thanks Meter 573
Quote:
Originally Posted by tliebeck View Post
Thanks!

Does that typing library work properly and give you gesture typing?

The reason it didn't find it automatically is likely because it doesn't have an "approved" MD5SUM. The library finder code takes an MD5 of the prospective library and checks it against a list, as some versions of that library are *VERY* incompatible with AOSP-based keyboards. A bad native library will cause the keyboard to enter a loop of crashing and restarting.

I need to get a device on 4.4.3 already and test the stock library. For some reason my stock Nexus 7 doesn't want to fetch the update so I'll have to grab it manually.
Hi, regarding the typing library subject, can you do something to improve the user experience? In my case I had to navigate and fish the correct library already in my /system. Even if the md5sum doesn't match I think the app still needs to detect and present to the user some possible candidates, so any non-techie user can easily try them out.

I saw reviews on the play store complaining about lack of swipe typing and it's sad since many folks will have a compatible library in their devices already, without knowing about it.

Can you make the app automatically select the typing library if the md5sum matches but still prompt the user and present possible files from the system if the md5sum does not match?
If my post was useful, please hit the THANKS button!

bombadier
Old
Thanks Meter 1696

DONATE TO ME
@tliebeck
Thats the beta expired again

Mystique
Old
Thanks Meter 193
Agreed..

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk
--
[DEVICE][GPE] Google Play Galaxy S4 (GT-i9505)
[ANDROID/MODEM] 4.4.4 KTU84P / NF3
[ROM][GPE] Official Google Edition
[KERNEL][GPE] 3.4.102-GoogyMax3_GE-v1.1.5

tliebeck
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2061
Quote:
Originally Posted by bombadier View Post
@tliebeck
Thats the beta expired again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
Agreed..

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk
Argh, sorry! This needs to be 1.0 soon.

Beta Release: 0.87:

Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...utmethod.latin (Just uploaded, may take an hour to become available)

Direct Download: http://android.nextapp.com/keyboard/r87/NAK_r87.apk

This is another beta period extension release.
Tod Liebeck // NextApp
[ Google+ ] [ Twitter ] [ FX File Explorer: XDA Thread | Play Store ] [ WebSharing: XDA Thread | Play Store ] [ NextApp Keyboard: XDA Thread | Play Store ] [ Atlas Web Browser: XDA Thread | Play Store ]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tliebeck For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tliebeck
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2061
Quote:
Originally Posted by sordna View Post
Hi, regarding the typing library subject, can you do something to improve the user experience? In my case I had to navigate and fish the correct library already in my /system. Even if the md5sum doesn't match I think the app still needs to detect and present to the user some possible candidates, so any non-techie user can easily try them out.

I saw reviews on the play store complaining about lack of swipe typing and it's sad since many folks will have a compatible library in their devices already, without knowing about it.

Can you make the app automatically select the typing library if the md5sum matches but still prompt the user and present possible files from the system if the md5sum does not match?
The only problem with this would be that if the typing library isn't the correct one (as is going to be more and more the case) it can be a pretty major failure. Unless the MD5 aligns, I don't want anyone except fairly technically oriented people trying it, because correcting such a problem can require doing a "Clear Data" on the keyboard (or simply uninstalling/reinstalling it).

If you have a typing library that's working 100% and isn't detected, please let me know the path and/or MD5. (Would also like to know Android version and what type of device/ROM.)
Tod Liebeck // NextApp

Darnell_Chat_TN
Old
Thanks Meter 335
Quote:

Yea, please show this app a little more love and take it to 1.0.
History: Some Casio B.O.S.S. things -> Palm Professional -> Visor Prism -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 800w -> HTC Touch Pro -> HTC Touch Pro 2 -> HTC HD2 -> MyTouch 4G Slide (HTC Doubleshot).
Present: Google Nexus 10, ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T, HTC One (M7), HTC Sensation 4G & G-Slate (LG Optimus Pad).
============================
For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, (1 Timothy 2:5)
The Following User Says Thank You to Darnell_Chat_TN For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sordna
Old
Thanks Meter 573
Quote:
If you have a typing library that's working 100% and isn't detected, please let me know the path and/or MD5. (Would also like to know Android version and what type of device/ROM.)
@mako:/ $ md5 /system/lib/libjni_latinimegoogle.so
232ee50b3703357921bbf6b0070e0d4f /system/lib/libjni_latinimegoogle.so

stock 4.4.4 on a nexus 4. Works perfectly.

Also it would be good if the keyboard settings showed you the currently selected library (ideally allowing to copy to the clipboard). Right now it only says that a library is installed with no further info.
If my post was useful, please hit the THANKS button!

iXNyNe
Old
Thanks Meter 450

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

The only trouble I've had with this keyboard is the gesture typing. I haven't found a working library to install. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Otherwise I'm pretty confident using the keyboard and haven't had any major issues. I vote for 1.0!

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
Habitual Information Indian GiverPost Editor
[edit]Nevermind I take that back[/edit]

BSapps
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Nice job. I think i'll use it.

Tags
android, aosp, arrow, cursor, keyboard