Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,023 Members 43,943 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Android 4.0+, ROOT] Quick Reply for Pushbullet - Reply to Whatsapp and SMS messages

Tip us?

Hrithan2020
Old
Thanks Meter 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeniusJack View Post
Hi,
I use pushbullet and the extension quick reply for pushbullet every day with my PC and it's the third time that I'm having a problem.
Pushbullet continues to push the same notification and if I reboot the phone, in WhatsApp Messenger I can see that the messages that I received and sent after the message that was continuing notified, are deleted
I have the same problem, it's so annoying. This happens after you use quick reply for replying to a whatsapp message. And after that, the same message keeps coming.

And then after 30 mins or so, my entire whatsapp mesaages are getting mixed up. So annoying.

Really frustrating. I googled and found this link. Please let me know if you need any other information to fix this issue.
I'm using LG G2. (D-802 model)
Hit Thanks button, if you found my post useful .
The Following User Says Thank You to Hrithan2020 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GeniusJack
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrithan2020 View Post
I have the same problem, it's so annoying. This happens after you use quick reply for replying to a whatsapp message. And after that, the same message keeps coming.

And then after 30 mins or so, my entire whatsapp mesaages are getting mixed up. So annoying.

Really frustrating. I googled and found this link. Please let me know if you need any other information to fix this issue.
Hi, I sent an email to quick reply for pushbullet support and they answer me this:
Quote:
Hey!

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. It seems your Whatsapp is having issues. The Whatsapp message store is malformed, hence all the mess up. As of the rapid fix, Start fresh, I know you'll lose your messages, but start fresh once by deleting the Whatsapp Database from /Data/Data/com.whatsapp/databses/msgstore.db and I am pretty sure Quick Reply won't mess up again.

Let me know if you need more help!
Cheers!

Kunal Khona
IngeniousApps
My current devices:
OnePlus One
ROM: CyanogenMod 11S XNPH25R
Kernel: Stock

JensF77
Old
Thanks Meter 0
hmm, i didnīt find the Folder com.whatsapp on my Galaxy Nexus.....
Greats Jens

Asus Nexus 7 - root - CM10.2 ROM
Samsung Galaxy Nexus - root - CMRemix ROM

** Sorry for my Bad English, iīm a German guy **

Cliff666
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I deleted the /Data/Data/com.whatsapp/databses/msgstore.db file. It didn't help, I still got the same error like GeniusJack.

k_flynn
Old
(Last edited by k_flynn; 26th August 2014 at 04:08 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Hi, first of all thanks fot the great app! Second, I have a request for a future update if it's possible: can you add the support for whatsapp emoji/emoticons? Is it possible to do? Thanks again, keep up with the good work man!

Edit: Oh LOL, just saw in the 1st post this feature is under development!

khonarr65
Old
(Last edited by khonarr65; Yesterday at 06:13 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeniusJack View Post
Hi,
I use pushbullet and the extension quick reply for pushbullet every day with my PC and it's the third time that I'm having a problem.
Pushbullet continues to push the same notification and if I reboot the phone, in WhatsApp Messenger I can see that the messages that I received and sent after the message that was continuing notified, are deleted
Why this?
Is a Pushbullet problem?
Is a QuickReply For Pushbullet problem?
Is a WhatsApp problem?

Thanks a lot
Best Regards
Gabriele
I am sorry for late repl Is your problem solved?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bemymonkey View Post
In my case, WhatsApp is working fine, but I can't seem to reply to SMS messages - the window pops up and I can type and click send just fine, but the message never shows up in the SMS app. Using the stock SMS app on Galaxy Nexus rooted stock (Jellybean, IIRC - the last official version).

-edit- OK, the reply actually does go through - it just never shows up in the SMS app. Hmmm...
That's weird, It shows up in Stock SMS app and Hangouts SMS. Which SMS application are you using?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppsa View Post
It's not compatible with OGWhatsapp.
Is it possible to use it with it?
I saw that with whatsapp+ it is...
Thanks for your reply
I do not know what is OGWhatsapp. It might work if it uses the same Whatsapp DB structure and files. I cannot guarantee anything. If any one has tried, please comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JensF77 View Post
Hello, since yesterday i use this app and it works fine. But Today the App has killed my Chats.
I have Reply a WhatsApp Message and then i have see in WhatsApp that all my Chats where deleted.

Why???
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaikelRe View Post
Hi, thanks for the amazing app. But in the last 3 days my messages got deleted 4 times. I keep getting the same message from 1 person but that person does not send the exact same message over and over again(obviously). And after an hour it deletes all the messages since last backup. And sometimes my whatsapp just stops working (restart fixes it).
Quote:
Originally Posted by daweeze02 View Post
same with me, I had to disable it for now because I am getting confused as hell in my convos when they keep gettting erased
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrithan2020 View Post

The reply to GeniusJack fixes the issue to most of the users. I'll look into the problem as soon as possible. Please give me some time. Thanks for your co operation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff666 View Post
I deleted the file. It didn't help, I still got the same error like GeniusJack.
Did you restore it back from backup? or you started fresh? I'll look into the problem as soon as possible. Please give me some time. Thanks for your co operation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JensF77 View Post
hmm, i didnīt find the Folder com.whatsapp on my Galaxy Nexus.....
The folder is at: /Data/Data/com.whatsapp/databses/msgstore.db

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_flynn View Post
Hi, first of all thanks fot the great app! Second, I have a request for a future update if it's possible: can you add the support for whatsapp emoji/emoticons? Is it possible to do? Thanks again, keep up with the good work man!

Edit: Oh LOL, just saw in the 1st post this feature is under development!
I have requested Pushbullet guys, awaiting this feature support from them.

Cliff666
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by khonarr65 View Post
Did you restore it back from backup? or you started fresh? I'll look into the problem as soon as possible. Please give me some time. Thanks for your co operation.
I dir restore my messages from a backup.
Maybe I'll try to start fresh, after a titanium backup. But I don't want to lose all my messages.

panecondoin
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Another buyer reporting in here. I use Windows desktop client for pushbullet

First things first, I really like your app and don't regret paying for it. I think it's a shame that we lack a elaborate sync of wa and pc given the vast number of users, so your efforts are even more valuable.

Unfortunately, I ran into a couple of things that made me uninstall the app for now:

- multiple messages will result in the repetition of the first message

-major unbearable lag when waking up the phone and while using wa altogether. This may be due to my device being somewhat old and maybe underpowered for the app.

-no Emojisupport and hotkey for sending

-sometimes a reply will not go through and registers as a new message that will trigger its own notification.

I guess all of the bugs above have been mentioned before and therefore I will watch this threat and hope for the best in future versions.

Keep up the good work :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
Sony XP - Carbon 4.4.4
The Following User Says Thank You to panecondoin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Froony
Old
(Last edited by Froony; Yesterday at 05:21 PM.)
Thanks Meter 4
Hey,

I still highly appreciate your work and really like your app, but it's indeed quite unusable right now. As mentioned above, the notifications I get when receiving multiple messages are often not right. It will display only one of those messages, but multiple times.
Also, when I answer using this app, 9 out of 10 times the WhatsApp history isn't exactly like it should be. I already reinstalled the app and walked through the set-up, but that didn't help. Today WhatsApp even told me the message history was corrupt and all the messages were wiped. I could only restore messages from the last back-up. I do believe developing this app must be hard, but this way, unfortunately, the app is of no use for me and a waste of money.

Now I fully wiped the data of WhatsApp and didn't restore any messages. I will see how it goes.
EDIT: Still having problems. Old notifications showing up when receiving a new message, replies won't get send..
EDIT2: Seems to be working fine for now.

Thanks again,
Frank
The Following User Says Thank You to Froony For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bepperk
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hello everyone,
how quickreply from tablet works? I have mobile and tablet. should i install quickreply to also onto the tablet?