Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,935 Members 51,700 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ODIN][TAR] I545VRUFNC5 Factory and No-Wipe Odin tars

Tip us?
 
RK KINGKONG
Old
#91  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 32
Posts: 187
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Paterson,N.J
Battery Full WiFi is Back Like New

after messing around with alot of files this one got me where i wanted to be back at stock ... new start
i couldnt tell the difference in the files until that date smacked me ... i had multiple files ...

works great thank you
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (91.2 KB, 87 views)
 
Jimmy Rudedog
Old
(Last edited by Jimmy Rudedog; 27th August 2014 at 01:03 AM.) Reason: updated
#92  
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 41
Join Date: Jul 2012
Question edited

I posted this in the question section, but need to know if the pit file will bring back my missing stock recovery on my vzw S4? will the full wipe version fix it or can I just flash the pit file in odin?


update... it does bring back the stock recovery. But, having wi-fi issues now after installing safestrap and attempting to uninstall it. any ideas to fix wi-fi and to delete completely SS?
 
Jimmy Rudedog
Old
(Last edited by Jimmy Rudedog; 27th August 2014 at 08:55 AM.) Reason: wrong place
#93  
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 41
Join Date: Jul 2012
Default oops.

ignore this..
 
Jimmy Rudedog
Old
#94  
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 41
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Rudedog View Post
I posted this in the question section, but need to know if the pit file will bring back my missing stock recovery on my vzw S4? will the full wipe version fix it or can I just flash the pit file in odin?


update... it does bring back the stock recovery. But, having wi-fi issues now after installing safestrap and attempting to uninstall it. any ideas to fix wi-fi and to delete completely SS?
ok. i flashed the no wipe again and it cleared up both my issues. safestrap is gone, and wifi is running again.
 
Jimmy Rudedog
Old
#95  
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 41
Join Date: Jul 2012
I m starting to have WiFi issues after I did the full wipe. i did this cuz it was having problems on the no wipe. after initial setup and updates the WiFi was working, but after a reboot it stops working and/or refuses to turn on. the switch shows it set to on, but no WiFi. after a short time, it will light up the switch and go off.
Surge, do you or anyone have a fix for this? or, is there a flash for the Wifi that will correct this? link me to it if there is such a thing available.
 
aleggsue
Old
(Last edited by aleggsue; 27th August 2014 at 08:54 PM.)
#96  
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 32
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Chesapake
I've needed the NC5 full wipe, and the version I'm downloading from here always results with a "MD5 error, binary is invalid" I've tried downloading 4 times, and I've gotten the same error each time. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Edit: I tried using the same file using the default name (from the download) and it worked fine. I guess custom filenames don't work in Odin?
 
Jimmy Rudedog
Old
#97  
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 41
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleggsue View Post
I've needed the NC5 full wipe, and the version I'm downloading from here always results with a "MD5 error, binary is invalid" I've tried downloading 4 times, and I've gotten the same error each time. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Edit: I tried using the same file using the default name (from the download) and it worked fine. I guess custom filenames don't work in Odin?
I used the torrent link posted in this thread and it works every time using Odin 3.09.3. and my wifi issue was or appears to be the way busybox installed smart install. it breaks the wifi symlink in that mode, use normal install.

I'll look for the link in the posts and put in here.

---------- Post added at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Rudedog View Post
I used the torrent link posted in this thread and it works every time using Odin 3.09.3. and my wifi issue was or appears to be the way busybox installed smart install. it breaks the wifi symlink in that mode, use normal install.

I'll look for the link in the posts and put in here.
that link isn't working... keep trying to download it. I may be able to send it to you via Skype, but it may take a long time that way. keep trying the original link Surge posted. you may have gotten a bad download. and I need to correct myself. Now that I think back, I did get it from the androifilehost link and it works

Tags
4.4.2, factory tar, kies, odin, sch-i545
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes