Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,441 Members 43,633 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

If you received your G3, share your impressions here

Tip us?

valefour
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Been having G3 for about 2 weeks now. It feels like a good solid phone but it will be way better when we get AOSP working.
The brightness is good enough to see in direct sunlight(I live in So. Cali so there's sun everyday), I would wish that the phone could actually get a tiny but dimmer at the lowest setting though, seems like when the brightness is all the way down it's a tiny bit brighter than my old phone.
The battery life seems pretty fair, at first it wouldn't last me a day at all but it was new and I was changing settings or modifying stuff throughout the day while playing games or browsing the web.
Sizewise, I've gotten used to it now. The notification panel button added to the nav bar is great as I have small hands. Knock on works flawless for me.
I only use the rear buttons for the volume control and haven't hit the camera once.
I don't see how people are hitting the camera as it not only has a different but also a different texture than the power button.
Overall, great phone but gaming while display is on full brightness will drain the battery like a goldigger with your credit card.

leseheifner
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Hmmm.

After being spoiled with Nexus devices for a couple of years, I was thoroughly disappointed with the bloat. It took me hours to de-bloat and get it as close to stock Android as possible, and still, I'm sad every time I go to settings.

Such a great, powerful phone, but without a rom that takes it closer to stock, I can't help but feel disappointed every time I use it. It's like getting an awesome new Tesla, but the interior is astroturf.

whoamigriffiths
Old
Thanks Meter 655
I personally love the UI.
I hated stock on my gpad 8.3 after coming from an N7, so I was running CM11 on the first day.
I'm finding stock on the g3 great and I have no desire to flash a custom rom at all. I would love TWRP but that's all I'm missing atm.
Whether I will stay on stock is another thing though
"It's psychosomatic. You need a lobotomy. I'll get a saw."

GTCC
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by 903tex View Post
Sad thing is I've seen it on others phones with burnt images of the keyboard as well. So it can happen just from everyday use
Yeah both my Nokia 925 and 1020 had screen burn. That and the oversaturated colours are the main reason I don't like amoled screens.

ladyhaly
Old
Thanks Meter 44
I came in from a Galaxy S4 and got the G3 because I couldn't find a 32 GB HTC One M8 here in my country. 10 GB usable internal memory just isn't good enough for me. I need at least a 32 or a 64 GB. I have a lot of apps that cannot be transferred to the SD card like Zombies Run and Workout Trainer. I also have quite a bit of apps working in the background and my S4 was always lagging. So I needed a device with 32 GB internal memory and 3 GB RAM. It all came down to Note 3 or LG G3.
So, this is basically my third day with my G3 and I'm still pretty much in the honeymoon phase. I love it... Thank goodness the theme/UI isn't cartoonish like the G2 because I like my UIs classy. The phone hasn't failed me so far and the only time the upper back of the phone got a little bit hot was when I played Clash of Clans extensively. I didn't turn off the screen then. The camera is very good, though I am still figuring out how the whole re-focusing mode works so I can make it do what I want it to do to a photo. I am loving the screen resolution and the screen size. I have very small hands but I prefer bigger screens as they aren't just better to look at or read from, but they are also easier to type in with. I found I have less of a hard time typing and have significantly lesser typos with a larger screen size. Battery life could indeed be better but it's actually better than the battery life I had with my S4 so I'm not complaining. I have 19 GB remaining from the internal memory so far. I am going to go hunting for a SD Card soon just because more storage wouldn't hurt.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk