Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,159 Members 45,548 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[RECOVERY][TWRP][2.7.X.Y][full f2fs support][PORT] KT-TWRP + KTMANTA-f2fs 24/08

Tip us?

b1g.p0ppa
Old
Thanks Meter 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaon View Post
[STRIKE]

Btw I advice using ext4 as fs for /system partition. There is no writting in the /system partition and ext read speed is higher than f2fs. However, f2fs formater is faster than ext's
Both valid points and you have convinced me. I would also add that having to modify the ROM's updater-script prior to flashing to support /system as F2FS is extra work and a good opportunity for error. I'm going back to ext4 /system right now.

ericp2
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Default thunderkat f2fs

Hi khaon,

I have been running this kernel (cache+data) for 3 days now, with absolutely not a single crash,slow down, weird behaviour etc... i must also say that Antutu benchmarks went up to 23800, the highest I have ever seen on my Nexus 10 (for what it's worth..).
Thank you for providing f2fs for this kernel!
Tablet: Nexus 10 with Thunderkat_F2FS data and cache and CM11
Phone: Jiayu G4 dual-sim on android 4.21
Phone: Xperia P with Enigma 6.6/Nemesis 6.3

b1g.p0ppa
Old
Thanks Meter 195
Default Wear leveling

Continuation of the ext4 vs. f2fs conversation.

Wear Leveling.

The thought occurred that since I flash a nightly ROM every day, then /system is formatted fresh every day and writes presumably begin again at the start of the partition. I would think this would mean that those blocks see drastically more IO than those at the end.

I'm going back to F2FS for /system (didn't see much perf diff on ext4, btw) and am going to check the TWRP setting to use rm -rf instead of formatting in hopes of leveraging F2FS' wear leveling code. Though the storage will probably outlast my time with the tablet, this seems like a reasonable idea.

David 617
Old
Thanks Meter 233
Anybody try this with Vanir?
Tags
f2fs, f2fs manta, nexus10 f2fs