Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,591 Members 36,794 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Losing wifi passwords

Tip us?

wimbelgium
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by siavash2death View Post
All of you think you have the worst problem.So take a look at my problem to know what "THE WORST" problem really means!!:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...rnels-t2850899
Nobody in this topic says that, but it is also a problem that has to be solved even if it isn't the worst problem. Thanks for your remark ;-(

siavash2death
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by wimbelgium View Post
Nobody in this topic says that, but it is also a problem that has to be solved even if it isn't the worst problem. Thanks for your remark ;-(
Yes.You're right. .I hope someone could help me. Strange thing about my problem is that I have this problem with Stock Kernels, not Custom Kernels. and I have 2 problems instead of 1 (Like you and other users). And it seems that I'm the only one who has this problem.

Afrosheen
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Losing wifi passwords on SG5

Here is my dilemma. I've rooted the phone and looked at the wpa_supplicant.conf file with Root Explorer. Now when I connect to my router the network shows up fine. The psk number is not the correct number/password that I put in.

The line says: psk- 5391587b25ee56324ed273114c137303. When ever I put the correct password in this is what shows up.

When I reboot the phone I have to enter the correct password and it connects but doesn't save it in the psk I believe.

I also have an Lg 8" tablet that I've rooted and when I look at the same file it shows the correct password.

Any help would be appreciated.

BTW when I disconnect from the router and leave the house and return the phone will connect to the router.

Thanks in advance.

herpi
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I did Firmware-update N9005XXUGNG1 today.

So I switched my sync back on etc etc.

Lets see if my WIFI settings will stay.

Huib
HTC SHIFT --TytnII--MacBook Air--Qosmio WMCE--Wii--Xbox--TouchPro--TouchPro 2-Galaxy sII