Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,633 Members 37,604 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
Announcement from lj50036: CROMBi-kk Release Candidate 2!

[Q&A]★★★[KitKat 4.4.4][TF300 CROMBi-kk RC2][DATA2SD | ROM2SD | F2FS | CM11]★★★

Tip us?

jdsvec
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Keyboard FC

Hi

when I plug in my keyboard dock systemui FC appears and I can't work with it. Is there any solution for that? Thanks
Nexus 4 - Stock and rooted
Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 - Slimkat
Asus Transformer TF300 - CROMBi-kk

bretzke
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Default new install, random reboots

Hi devs---

Longtime CROMiX user & flasher and took the plunge to CROMBi-KK two days ago. I prewiped my 300T (system, data, cache, dalvik). I was on TWRP 2.4.something so the first thing was to update recovery to 2.7.01 linked to ROM OP. Would do random reboots while trying to flash recovery via flashboot. When it did load finally finish, it doubled the view (two stacked squished screens) but reacted to touches as if TWRP loaded fine. Retflashed, but never improved. Flashed Philz and that appears ok (no stacked screens) but when installing the ROM, Aroma only shows smashed half screen, but again touches react like it is full screen. Followed steps to install.

ROM installs (tried 3 diff kernels) but usually doesn't last 15 minutes without a crash/reboot. Always takes me to the CM start screen for first boot, asking for settings, WiFi, etc. Works for a while and then reboots/resets.

Any ideas where to start over? TWRP looks broken but appears to work if you can guess where to screen touch. Should I restart by reflashing the bootloader (had JB BL for ever)...just rewipe everything else again and start over or something else?

Thoughts? Thanks---
Xperia Z PACMAN
Transformer Pad TF300t - trying CROMBi-KK
HTC One KK Stock

lj50036
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1277

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bretzke View Post
Hi devs---

Longtime CROMiX user & flasher and took the plunge to CROMBi-KK two days ago. I prewiped my 300T (system, data, cache, dalvik). I was on TWRP 2.4.something so the first thing was to update recovery to 2.7.01 linked to ROM OP. Would do random reboots while trying to flash recovery via flashboot. When it did load finally finish, it doubled the view (two stacked squished screens) but reacted to touches as if TWRP loaded fine. Retflashed, but never improved. Flashed Philz and that appears ok (no stacked screens) but when installing the ROM, Aroma only shows smashed half screen, but again touches react like it is full screen. Followed steps to install.

ROM installs (tried 3 diff kernels) but usually doesn't last 15 minutes without a crash/reboot. Always takes me to the CM start screen for first boot, asking for settings, WiFi, etc. Works for a while and then reboots/resets.

Any ideas where to start over? TWRP looks broken but appears to work if you can guess where to screen touch. Should I restart by reflashing the bootloader (had JB BL for ever)...just rewipe everything else again and start over or something else?

Thoughts? Thanks---
What is your bootoader version ?

Thx Josh

bretzke
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by lj50036 View Post
What is your bootoader version ?

Thx Josh
looks like I'm on 10.6.1.8. I see I need to up to .27 Is there a how-to for this?

Thanks--
Xperia Z PACMAN
HTC One KK Stock

lj50036
Old
(Last edited by lj50036; Today at 01:18 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1277

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
looks like I'm on 10.6.1.8. I see I need to up to .27 Is there a how-to for this?

Thanks--
Well in your situation, I would say it would be better to do this from fastboot ...

Let me find my guide that will help ...

Thx Josh

Here it is @bretzke

http://forum.xda-developers.com/tran...guide-t2854495

You will need the blob I talk about from Asus... BUT skip to the commnad

fastboot erase system

Thx Josh
The Following User Says Thank You to lj50036 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bretzke
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Well in your situation, I would say it would be better to do this from fastboot ...

Let me find my guide that will help ...

Thx Josh

Here it is @bretzke

http://forum.xda-developers.com/tran...guide-t2854495

You will need the blob I talk about from Asus... BUT skip to the commnad

fastboot erase system

Thx Josh

Awesome, thanks Josh.

I'm assuming I need to do all the steps to the end, starting with the 'erase system' and the subsequent erase recovery, boot, etc. before pushing the ASUS blob, right?
Xperia Z PACMAN
HTC One KK Stock

lj50036
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1277

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Awesome, thanks Josh.

I'm assuming I need to do all the steps to the end, starting with the 'erase system' and the subsequent erase recovery, boot, etc. before pushing the ASUS blob, right?
Yes that is what I would do for sure ...

Make sure your blob is the correct one for your SKU ...

Thx Josh

bretzke
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Yes that is what I would do for sure ...

Make sure your blob is the correct one for your SKU ...

Thx Josh
That did the trick. Now on .27. TWRP 2.7.0.1 installs fine and Aroma/CROMBi-KK does as well. Thanks for bailing me out!

Dave
Xperia Z PACMAN
HTC One KK Stock

Tags
4.4.2 kitkat, cm11, crombi-kk