Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,291 Members 47,001 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Do you think this ROM base is stable and good to use for daily basis?
Yes 47 58.75%
No 11 13.75%
Need rework 22 27.50%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

[Touchwiz ROM] : MIUI V5 4.6.20 with Multiwindows & S-Pen

Tip us?

zepp3lin
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat0072 View Post
2 ways to do it.

1) freeze it using Titanium root app
2) just remove it from /system/app folder n keep it safe somewhere

In both cases System update option in About phone screen will start force closing. Untill you dont hit that button all good mo worries.

Good luck

Sent from my MI 3W using XDA Free mobile app
Oh Ok Thks, I deleted the update.apk and backup. Won't be pressing that System updates in About phone.

The Rom, so far so good with some minor glitch here and there. But it's very smooth and stable than the official Samsung stock rom. My everyday use rom for now. I tested the official 4.4.2 MIUI for N7105 just to know weather it supported 4G network. What a disappointment, it did not , still in 3G network, I hope it will support soon.

srkoza
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by zepp3lin View Post
Oh Ok Thks, I deleted the update.apk and backup. Won't be pressing that System updates in About phone.

The Rom, so far so good with some minor glitch here and there. But it's very smooth and stable than the official Samsung stock rom. My everyday use rom for now. I tested the official 4.4.2 MIUI for N7105 just to know weather it supported 4G network. What a disappointment, it did not , still in 3G network, I hope it will support soon.
another way is to get the WSM tools and from that you can download a MI-Tools which tweaks your miui to how you want it, like changing the status bar colors of the battery, signals, wifi , and so on to stuff like launcher settings like changing the color of the text on your launcher, it has sound settings to disable the annoying beeps in miui and in the application settings you can check off the updater to look for updates, you can check off the miui market app to stop looking for updates, Look up WSM tools it lets you do alot of stuff, kind of like Exposed but made for miui, hope it helps, here is the link to WSM http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2481178
The Following User Says Thank You to srkoza For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zepp3lin
Old
(Last edited by zepp3lin; 17th August 2014 at 04:11 PM.)
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by srkoza View Post
another way is to get the WSM tools and from that you can download a MI-Tools which tweaks your miui to how you want it, like changing the status bar colors of the battery, signals, wifi , and so on to stuff like launcher settings like changing the color of the text on your launcher, it has sound settings to disable the annoying beeps in miui and in the application settings you can check off the updater to look for updates, you can check off the miui market app to stop looking for updates, Look up WSM tools it lets you do alot of stuff, kind of like Exposed but made for miui, hope it helps, here is the link to WSM http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2481178
Thks a lot for the link. I used Xposed before but didn't know MIUI support it too. Needed this kind of help for a MIUI noob like me.

An update....Could not even flash it in recovery, installation aborted. I use Philz Touch recovery with Clockworkmod v6.0.4.7 So the tool WSM option is out.

srkoza
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Thks a lot for the link. I used Xposed before but didn't know MIUI support it too. Needed this kind of help for a MIUI noob like me.

An update....Could not even flash it in recovery, installation aborted. I use Philz Touch recovery with Clockworkmod v6.0.4.7 So the tool WSM option is out.
i use it too you did something wrong, dont flash wsm install it like any other app

zepp3lin
Old
Thanks Meter 49
I managed to download the WSM apk. Not sure why before that they provide the flashing zip which does not work. Don't need to flash it but just by simply install the apk file after copied it to my SD card. Upgrade the version to 2.3.5 and now I can run the MI Tools to do some customization of the Rom settings.

One good news is I manage to make the phone support 4G LTE network. But with some bugs. The phone will not show it's signal bar but will show it's 4G status and run as fast as the 4G network suppose to. But 4G will definitely eats up a bit more battery.
So for those who are still using this rom you can install Intelli3G download from https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ntelli3g&hl=en to support 4G LTE network.

Open up WSM Tools and switch the Intelli3G and reboot. Configure the Intelli3G to whatever LTE mode options and some battery saving modes.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zepp3lin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kat0072
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 202

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I managed to download the WSM apk. Not sure why before that they provide the flashing zip which does not work. Don't need to flash it but just by simply install the apk file after copied it to my SD card. Upgrade the version to 2.3.5 and now I can run the MI Tools to do some customization of the Rom settings.

One good news is I manage to make the phone support 4G LTE network. But with some bugs. The phone will not show it's signal bar but will show it's 4G status and run as fast as the 4G network suppose to. But 4G will definitely eats up a bit more battery.
So for those who are still using this rom you can install Intelli3G download from https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ntelli3g&hl=en to support 4G LTE network.

Open up WSM Tools and switch the Intelli3G and reboot. Configure the Intelli3G to whatever LTE mode options and some battery saving modes.
Agree i guess most of the users know this bug n solution for it CHEERS

Present: Samsung Galaxy Note II GT-N7100 - International
Daily Driver MIUI V5 4.3.7

Past:
Samsung Galaxy Note II GT-N7105
Past: Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S (LT18i)
You like my work, please don't forget to press "THANKS" button.
My BitCoin Wallet QR Code: http://www.mediafire.com/view/?jap952q44uasy40
My PayPal ID: katwal.raman@gmail.com

zepp3lin
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat0072 View Post
Agree i guess most of the users know this bug n solution for it CHEERS

Well nobody told me about it in this thread. And most of them mention asking for 4G support in the next rom version. Guess I got to find the hard way myself. I mention it on the previous few postings that I can't switch it to LTE and you told me it's not supported it's only 3G. Got to love the Intelli3G app, the automatic switching into power saving mode really works. I was surprise that Intelli3G can run on WSM tools whereby it does not support officially. So maybe you should mention it in your 1st posting about this wonderfull app for those who wants 4G network to work on their phones WSM tools and Intelli3G. Thanks to srkoza for suggesting the WSM tools to me.

fatjoejr2001
Old
Thanks Meter 153
Default Hmmm...

Hopefully the next version is released soon, but I'm starting to see development for this phone really starting to slow down...what a shame....

zepp3lin
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatjoejr2001 View Post
Hopefully the next version is released soon, but I'm starting to see development for this phone really starting to slow down...what a shame....
Well maybe because of Note4 is coming shortly and people are using Note3 right now. So our Note2 is 2 generation behind....