Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,212 Members 43,599 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][KitKat][4.4.2][Unofficial]BeanStalk Build 4.4.285 NEW_FORMAT- 4.4.2 [Jewel]

Tip us?

fizbanrapper
Old
Thanks Meter 70
I appreciate that. I'll definitely need it.

Seems like you almost have to start out building CM if you want to learn what there is to know and have what you need to build something line BeanStalk. So that's what I'm starting out with. Once I get a working CM, then I'll try BeanStalk.

I'm running Ubuntu 14 through VirtualBox on a Windows 7 machine. It's done with the repo sync, but I get errors after that when I try breakfast. I'm going to try a few more things tonight, but if I can't get it, I'll let you know.

My time line is so far out because my Linux experience can be measured in weeks rather than years, and my career keeps me quite busy (as I'm sure it does for most of us).

Ultimately I'd like to try building kernels, using linaro, and to get nightly builds going for some of the more popular ROMs, but that's obviously an entirely different beast.
The Following User Says Thank You to fizbanrapper For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cirehawk
Old
Thanks Meter 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by lreyes View Post
Its not that hard actually..you just need a a Linux OS like Ubuntu and know how to follow instructions and use your brain once you get the hang of it you'll do just fine. If you need help with beanstalk or any other AOSP just ask me.
Linux (PCLinuxOS) has been my primary OS (at home at least) for years. Mind if I take you up on that offer too?
Previous Devices: Samsung Instinct, HTC Hero, HTC EVO 4G
Current Device: HTC EVO 4G LTE
Rom: CyanogenMod-11 UnityROM R6
Kernel: Stock Kernel
Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.1b

The choices we make reveal the true nature of our character...

lreyes
Old
(Last edited by lreyes; 21st August 2014 at 01:01 AM.)
Thanks Meter 498
Quote:
Originally Posted by cirehawk View Post
Linux (PCLinuxOS) has been my primary OS (at home at least) for years. Mind if I take you up on that offer too?
Quote:
Originally Posted by fizbanrapper View Post
I appreciate that. I'll definitely need it.

Seems like you almost have to start out building CM if you want to learn what there is to know and have what you need to build something line BeanStalk. So that's what I'm starting out with. Once I get a working CM, then I'll try BeanStalk.

I'm running Ubuntu 14 through VirtualBox on a Windows 7 machine. It's done with the repo sync, but I get errors after that when I try breakfast. I'm going to try a few more things tonight, but if I can't get it, I'll let you know.

My time line is so far out because my Linux experience can be measured in weeks rather than years, and my career keeps me quite busy (as I'm sure it does for most of us).

Ultimately I'd like to try building kernels, using linaro, and to get nightly builds going for some of the more popular ROMs, but that's obviously an entirely different beast.
Hey I'm glad to help anyone. I'll show you guys the right path by building CM11 and then adding your favorite features from Roms by Cherry picking.

Read about it in the official CyanogenMod Wiki. It tells you everything you'd need to know about making a ROM from source.

http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Build_for_jewel

And its pretty much the same for building any other ROM... My knowledge just expands on building the ROM. I honestly don't know everything to cherry picking. Which you might have to do to get the ROM to load up on the New Partition Layout. I'm not exactly sure if its a cherry pick or not but you'd ask Captain Throwback about the NPL as I've only compiled Roms (BeanStalk/Evervolv/CM) for the Old Partition Layout.
Building Roms can be really fun if you got the time for it.

If you need any help,task to be done, contact me via PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to lreyes For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Captain_Throwback
Old
Retired Moderator / Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 9,054

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Hey I'm glad to help anyone. I'll show you guys the right path by building CM11 and then adding your favorite features from Roms by Cherry picking.

Read about it in the official CyanogenMod Wiki. It tells you everything you'd need to know about making a ROM from source.

And its pretty much the same for building any other ROM... My knowledge just expands on building the ROM. I honestly don't know everything to cherry picking. Which you might have to do to get the ROM to load up on the New Partition Layout. I'm not exactly sure if its a cherry pick or not but you'd ask Captain Throwback about the NPL as I've only compiled Roms (BeanStalk/Evervolv/CM) for the Old Partition Layout.
CM11 builds with new layout by default now, so no cherrypicking needed.
Device 1: HTC One (M8)/831C | Hardware Version: 0005

Baseband: 1.08.20.0612_4 | PRI: 2.62_003 | PRL: 56019
Recovery: TWRP 2.7.1.0

Device 2: HTC Jewel/PJ75100 (EVO 4G LTE) | Hardware Version: 0003

Baseband: 1.13.11.1105 | PRI: 3.02_003 | PRL: 56018
Recovery: TWRP 2.7.1.0b

Device 3: HTC Shooter/PG86100 (EVO 3D) | Hardware Version: 0002
Baseband: 1.09.00.0108 | PRI: 1.55_003 | PRL: 22100

Device 4: HTC Supersonic/PC36100 (EVO 4G) | Hardware Version: 0004
Baseband: 2.15.00.01.15 | PRI: 2.33_003 | PRL: 40460
The Following User Says Thank You to Captain_Throwback For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ocarinaz64
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:

Building Roms can be really fun if you got the time for it.
I made a guide for first timers as well. It's in my signature under CM11. It has helped a couple of people in the past.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ocarinaz64 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fizbanrapper
Old
Thanks Meter 70
How do you know if breakfast was a complete success? It appears to have run without issue, but I don't know how I'm supposed to be sure if that.

How do I troubleshoot brunch? It took an eternity and the files in "out" don't look complete. Is brunch supposed to end with the creation of a zip file?

A lot of the guides imply that this must be the case when they say that the final step is to run brunch for your device - end guide... but that's not what I'm getting.

Is it normal for brunch to take longer than a repo sync?

Captain_Throwback
Old
(Last edited by Captain_Throwback; 25th August 2014 at 04:58 PM.)
Thanks Meter 9,054

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by fizbanrapper View Post
How do you know if breakfast was a complete success? It appears to have run without issue, but I don't know how I'm supposed to be sure if that.

How do I troubleshoot brunch? It took an eternity and the files in "out" don't look complete. Is brunch supposed to end with the creation of a zip file?

A lot of the guides imply that this must be the case when they say that the final step is to run brunch for your device - end guide... but that's not what I'm getting.

Is it normal for brunch to take longer than a repo sync?
Brunch is what compiles the ROM, so yes, it'll take a while, especially on a slow machine.

You'll know breakfast worked because it'll display the output parameters of the build. You'll know brunch completed successfully if it tells you that the build is complete along with the name of the completed zip file.

EDIT: In the attached screenshot, the top portion shows the end of the brunch output with a successfully completed build (for Jewel, it'll obviously say jewel in the filename). The bottom portion shows what the output of breakfast should be, once all dependencies have been retrieved.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2014-08-25 11:48:48.png
Views:	79
Size:	126.7 KB
ID:	2911814  

Baseband: 2.15.00.01.15 | PRI: 2.33_003 | PRL: 40460

wallie71
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Tried installing this after being on a sense 5 rom for a while now. It boots into the beanstalk screen and doesn't go past that. Anyone can help me with this? Is it a recovery issue? I used twrp v2.6.3.1b

Sent from my GT-N5110 using XDA Free mobile app

Captain_Throwback
Old
Thanks Meter 9,054

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallie71 View Post
Tried installing this after being on a sense 5 rom for a while now. It boots into the beanstalk screen and doesn't go past that. Anyone can help me with this? Is it a recovery issue? I used twrp v2.6.3.1b

Sent from my GT-N5110 using XDA Free mobile app
Update your TWRP.