Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,937 Members 43,363 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][4.4.2 TW KitKat][GT-N5100]Port of Note 10,1 GnaboROM - AirCommand - link added

Tip us?

kettenschutz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
so we'll never see an uploaded version ?!

what a pitty

ianbbaa
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by kettenschutz View Post
so we'll never see an uploaded version ?!

what a pitty
Yes soon, actually quite busy at work. Everything is fine and works, using tablet for work and no FCs, battery OK, gonna add some toggles fixes that Mykino made in his v5 version released yesterday. Some new settings and toggle icon's, new S browser from Tab4 works - this one is nice but flash is a no go.
Galaxy Note GT-N7000 / ROM: my own JB port from NOTE 10,1
MiniTab NOTE 5,3
Current devices: NOTE 8 GT-N5100 + S4 GT-I9505 + Note 3 NEO SM-N7505
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ianbbaa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

QuanGan
Old
(Last edited by QuanGan; 6th July 2014 at 03:00 PM.) Reason: 2windows switch app is work
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianbbaa View Post
This is port of Gnabo ROM from Note 10,1 thread with working AirCommand and other staff that is not included in offcial KK release for Note8. Thanks to Mikyno.
Rom has Civatos KERNEL - wifi works with old bootloader. Thank you Civato for bringing this possible with old bootloader! For replacing some libs and other stuff i also used Civatos ROM so some bits and pieces might appear there as well.

Rom uses 160dpi as default - is just a bit smaller and more tabletish look than stock 213 phablet layout. This way it should be for my likes.
A lot of apps are replaced for newer ones from latest devices like Tab4 or Pro - more of those stock newer apps support immersive mode. Overall look of them is more elegant and newer.
Keyboard with Ctrl and arrows, Music Player, Splanner, Gallery etc...
QuadView multiwindow added.
AirCommand with all of its features.

There are still some bugs in this release that need to be solved.

Calling - works but not through earpiece like a fone - just via speaker, also Btooth is fine.
SmartStay - not working
Samsung account - sync doesnt work.
Action memo bug as described in Mykinos thread.
New camera app - buggy.

Removed PlayStore downloadable apps like Gmail, Drive etc...

You need custom recovery to flash, when you have it you probably rooted your device and lost your warranty. I am not responsible for bricked device by flashing this file.

ROM is for N5100 only.

ROM uses frameworks and other system stuff from NOTE 10,1 - flashing some N5100 upgrade zips will probably not work and will bootloop your rom. You can use mods from Note 10,1 forum but better do not flash them just manually push to system!!!

Credits comes to Mikyno for porting AirCommand to Note 10,1 and his ROM as a base. Civato for Kernel that allows us to use KK on older bootloader and keep us out of the KNOX counter. Other people on XDA like Arsaw, ykkfive and all others i forgot!
I‘ve downloaded the Civz_Gnabo_rom_v1_N5100 and I must say it's GREAT.
I want to try your next version,please upload ,thank U
The Following User Says Thank You to QuanGan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

glockman4519
Old
Thanks Meter 30
I know it is taboo to ask but I'm not asking for an OTA, I am merely asking if you might consider building this for the n5110? This sounds like a really cool rom.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using XDA Premium HD app

jewnersey
Old
Thanks Meter 79
I'd be interested as well (5110). If you can give me tips on how to do it I'll try myself

lolek2382
Old
Thanks Meter 0
hey, it's this thread discontinued? can U upload this amazing rom again ?

mahmoudbe1
Old
Thanks Meter 5
can you upload a working link for your beautiful rom, the dropbox link gives 509 error, thanks
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mahmoudbe1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pakisan
Old
Thanks Meter 4
A porting for N5110?
Samsung Galaxy K Zoom SM-C115
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 N5110
Samsung Galaxy S5

Nikwalter
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Waiting for reup or mirror...