Android One Devices Get Unofficial CM12 Port

Android One was initially announced right before Android Lollipop. By releasing these cheap, yet … more

WhatsApp Decides to Protect Your Data

When Facebook bought WhatsApp for the absurdly large sum of $19bn back in February, they took the tech … more

Bring Back LTE on the Google Nexus 4 Running Lollipop

One of the predecessors of the latest, largest, and greatest Gooogle Nexus 6(theGoogle … more

Google Maps, My Maps, YouTube, Androidify, Slides, Music Updated–Here’s What’s New

In the last few weeks, Google has been … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Does fm radio exist on LG G3?

OP k-romka

21st August 2014, 09:04 PM   |  #21  
Recognized Developer
Flag Ottawa/Gatineau, Canada
Thanks Meter: 3,238

6,360 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinterion

When I was using this app, I got a bunch of static, but it was picking up the channels I normally get?

Sent from my AT&T LG G3

Sorry, I don't understand what you are saying when you end "but it was picking up the channels I normally get" with a question mark.

With the wired headset plugged in for antenna, and tuned to a strong station, do you see RDS info (station call letters, program type and song name etc.) ?

Is RSSI signal strength at top left over 20 when tuned ?
21st August 2014, 09:09 PM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 23

112 posts
More
I see no information about the station with the headset in

Sent from my AT&T LG G3
21st August 2014, 09:12 PM   |  #23  
Recognized Developer

6,360 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oktaya

For any Turkish users, our hardware version is actually D855tr which does not have FM radio. This is supposedly due to the high cost of TRT (state broadcasting company) fees. Only if you get your phone through an alternate channel (paralel ithalat) will you get a G3 with FM radio.

By the way, installing the apk from another phone does not work. The hardware is reportedly not there.

Usually and in general, slight variants (tr) of phones with working FM will work, at least if rooted and running my Spirit1 app. Turning Bluetooth off first may help, and waiting at least 15 seconds at startup may be needed.

Pretty much all phones have the needed "hardware" in the FM/BT/WiFi combo chip. But hardware disabled phones have the FM antenna pin grounded and thus useless.

Only exception I've ever seen to this is on the G2, which had a very unusual FM/BT switch chip for audio. G3 might possibly have the same, but my primary thoughts about G2 was that the chip was a strange hack they might not repeat for the G3.

G2 service manuals had schematics that better verified. Perhaps the G3 will have service manuals eventually released/leaked to confirm.
21st August 2014, 09:15 PM   |  #24  
Recognized Developer

6,360 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinterion

I see no information about the station with the headset in

Sent from my AT&T LG G3

Then it most likely doesn't and won't work.

Not surprising at all. US variant flagships with usable FM are the exception now, not the rule. It used to be more commonly just a software disablement, now hardware disablement is more common. eg, I was REALLY surprised to see the VZN HTC One M8 still had usable hardware and could run the stock FM app from other M8's.
27th August 2014, 11:21 PM   |  #25  
Flag Wrocław
Thanks Meter: 24

186 posts
More
I have international version of D855 32GB/3GB RAM version and it has FM radio, but I can't get a stereo sound on it. Anyone managed to listen in STEREO?
28th August 2014, 03:31 AM   |  #26  
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 61

474 posts
Donate to Me
More
Yes mine has radio
28th August 2014, 11:44 AM   |  #27  
Recognized Developer

6,360 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinsen.net

I have international version of D855 32GB/3GB RAM version and it has FM radio, but I can't get a stereo sound on it. Anyone managed to listen in STEREO?

Yeah, strange bug for a stock FM app.

Anyway, my Spirit apps are reported to work in stereo.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread