[ROM] AOSP 4.4.4 for Ascend P6 [21/07/2014]

Search This thread

heross

Oct 14, 2007
Hello,

here my first impression from this clean AOSP after 14h without simcard.

-Wifi in standby i have set to "never", but it is always activ.
-Wifi-toggle in Quicksettings don't switch wifi on/off. the toggle open the wifi setup page.
-Browser "settings->advanced->website-settings" forceclose.
-autobrightness works, but in the darkness it is to bright.

Accutime is the same as Stock.
-5mA in flightmode and wifi/GPS off
-6mA flightmode off and wifiGPS on
-idle is a little bit higher as Stock ~190mA (Stock=~150mA) i think it comes from the brighter LCD

Nice clean rom, THX tksla. :good:

Why u not include smiles in this rom ( or IDK how to activate them ) i really like stock sms apk but there is no smiles just symbols from kayboard at moment i use other sms apk

You need smiles? I have flash Keyboard from Sony . Works great and i have coloured Smiles.

tksla

Oct 1, 2013
Hi. Thanks for info about power consumption. Press WiFi tile bit longer if You want disable WiFi.

Surdu, about FM radio i think that it is pointless effort. I'm going to stop spending my time on Android until new 5.0 will show up. By now I'm pretty happy with the results of our work :) I had just flashed back B507 kernel from my previous builds. It is much less heat producing even that the build number is the same...

Last edited:
Reactions: surdu_petru

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
Hi. Thanks for info about power consumption. Press WiFi tile bit longer if You want disable WiFi.

Surdu, about FM radio i think that it is pointless effort. I'm going to stop spending my time on Android until new 5.0 will show up. By now I'm pretty happy with the results of our work :) I had just flashed back B507 kernel from my previous builds. It is much less heat producing even that the build number is the same...

Yes, you are right !

We hope that Huawei will make updates to the new version of android for P6, if not at last for P7 ( I'm going to buy P7 in a few weeks ).

Best regards !

Reactions: HornetRider

richish

Dec 22, 2011
U are leaving this build ????
Beforu u leave u must fix premisions with galery, so we can delete pictures stright from galery and camera. :)
No other bugs by me.

And maybe u can add smiles !!!!

Sent from my P6-U06 using XDA Free mobile app

tksla

Oct 1, 2013
U are leaving this build ????
Beforu u leave u must fix premisions with galery, so we can delete pictures stright from galery and camera. :)
No other bugs by me.

And maybe u can add smiles !!!!

Yes, I know. It is SD card issue only. But You can always do that by file manager ;)

richish

Dec 22, 2011
Ye but when i take some "bad" foto and i whant to delete it i must close camera then open explorer. Its anoying.

gsimeonov

Mar 14, 2010
Sofia
Hi,

Am I the only one with Location problems? If I turn GPS off, I have no location. I've selected "Battery saving" mode, my WiFi is always ON and I have mobile data always ON. But when I go to Location, the Google Location Reporting is greyed out and all apps tell me that I haven't enabled mobile location.

Thank you very much for your help!

tksla

Oct 1, 2013
Go back to OP and read instructions carefully. You must be on stock B507 before. In global edition Huawei made kernel changes and custom performance modes. We don't need this.

BTW. This ROM is frozen now. There will be no more development. I waiting for Android L.

richish

Dec 22, 2011
Go back to OP and read instructions carefully. You must be on stock B507 before. In global edition Huawei made kernel changes and custom performance modes. We don't need this.

BTW. This ROM is frozen now. There will be no more development. I waiting for Android L.

What about camera and galerry premission fix ???
Make last update and ROM is done !!!

tksla

Oct 1, 2013
Im sorry but that was the last ROM. I deleted my linux partition. You can try boot.img from OmniROM, this problem dont exists there. Or use another gallery app side by side with huawei camera. Good luck. I will made new thread as soon as L build will be around

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android Open Source Project 4.4.4 KitKat for Ascend P6
    Stable version

03.png

Just minor bugs:

- some Wi-Fi Direct problems
    - turning off airplane mode dont restore mobile automaticly. search for network...

FAQ:

- No file manager, no flashlight !? Go to Play Store and choose what You like :)
    - There is no advanced power saving here, but I'm sure that battery life is still better than on stock.
    - Remember also to restart phone after Gapps installation, after first start Google Play Services eating a lot of battery.

Info and credits:

This is vanilla build of Android 4.4.4 Kitkat:
    - no bloatware
    - no fancy settings
    - no custom switches, themes, graphics etc.
    - just clean, simple, stock build
    Thanks to:
    Surdu_perdu - kholk - worstenbrood - tauio111 - PulseDroid
    and many others members of brilliant XDA forums :)

Screenshots:

02.png
    03.png
    06.png
    07.png

Important install instructions and downloads:

Warning: I'm not responsible for anything what will may happen with Your phone when You try to install and using this software.

Requirements:

1. You must be on B506/B507 KitKat from Huawei.
    Go back to stock firmware by recovery.img from this post.
    2. TWRP recovery in 2.7.0.0(and higher) version is required.
    3. After wipe everything, but not Internal and External storages, please do reboot to recovery and continue installation then to avoid bootloop.
    4. Meanwhile it is better if USB cable is unplugged from the phone.
    5. Have fun.

Installation:

1. Go to TWRP recovery
    2. Wipe all excluding Internal and External storages.
    3. Reboot phone to recovery one more time.
    Warning: don't wipe & install in one session, will cause bootloop
    4. Install ROM as usual..

Downloads:

Stable version /169.2mb/: aosp_hwp6_u06-ota-eng.tomi.210714.zip
    Gapps minimal /21.5mb/: 5-31_GApps_Minimal_4.4.2_signed.zip
    Gapps standart /83.1mb/: gapps-kk-20140105-signed.zip
    Apps: AOSP Camera | SystemUI /without statusbar fix & headsup capable/ | Launcher2 /old skool/

Hello, to everyone. Some good news:

- signal bar is working now, after around 30 hours of porting/testing some telephony framework stuff from OmniROM.
    after this signal bar fix, inherited screen on delay on reciving calls, will be fixed.
    - changed music app from "Music" to Apollo whitch is much more usable and it's default app on all ROM's
    - added STK (SimToolKit)
    - have some nice idea how to solve missing dolby service problem, without dolby...maybe in next update ;)
    - changing state of rom to Beta now, it is pretty stable now.

Check OP for download link, and have fun.

Update 19.05:

- just fixed nasty StatusBar behavior /small jump when switching full screen activities/.
    It is also visible on screenshots, a small margin above status bar...good bay :)
    Will be included in next update.
    @tksla i know you are on AOSP but wouldt it be easier if you build CM12?
    CM12 is in early stage and there is no point to try it now as not many functions are implemented yeat. And AOSP is official release so no more modifications that may broke my build in future. BTW I'm making little steps forward with my build. If I find enough time this weekend first build may be ready for tests. Keep finders crossed.
    No much time today. But some small progress...
    First screen-shot:
    fc8d06c0609a567c37fd8f671233aacf.jpg
    New update. Links in OP:

Highlights:
    - StatusBar fix (with notification counter) included
    - GPS tuning => turbo fast fix (supl20Service.apk link in OP - may fix A-GPS but increases real GPS fix times to ~ 1min)
    - Some small WiFi fixes
    - Custom signal fix works in 2G/3G now.
    - reverted to Huawei camera one more time /don't ask why...for sure is not pictures storage option ;)/

Going on vacations soon. So as for now this is the last update. Have fun, and good luck.