Originally Posted by sumedh25
I have downloaded the V880H_Blade G2(SD card software and Process).zip from ztedevice(dot)in/upload (the last sixth file) and can you provide me a step by step guide in installing it?
Also, is there any risk of bricking the device? Actually it is not possible to install apps on external SD card currently. I hope it is fixed in the above update so I am planning to install it.
If you didn't root the phone & if you don't have CWM recovery, then simply run the Software Update app > Select Update from SD.
If you did root the phone & if you do have CWM recovery, then do the following.
1. Boot into CWM recovery mode.
2. Format system, data, cache, emmc.
3. Select 'Apply update from sdcard'.( 'Install zip from sdcard' should work too ).
4. Select 'update.zip' from SD card. (Make sure that you've copied the update.zip to SD).
5. Select Wipe dalvik cache once the installation it completed.
5. Select 'Reboot system now'.
6. Select 'No' for 'Disable recovery flash' if you want stock recovery. (Or select 'Yes' for 'Disable recovery flash' if you still want CWM recovery).
You won't see Superuser or SuperSU or any other additional apps, except the apps that came pre-installed.