Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,506 Members 40,733 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ZTE Blade G2 V880H

Tip us?

sumedh25
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default How to install the update from ZTE website?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeshNethaniah View Post
I never experienced this kinda issue in my phone since I bought it. However, I've updated the phone software by downloading the update from ZTE Website ................................Download the updated phone software from and copy it to the root of the sd card and run the update from Software Update app/option in the phone. It might fix the issue you're experiencing.

Or download the update from ztedevice(dot)in(/)upload/ and extract the zip to copy 'update.zip' to the root of the sd card and proceed further.
I have downloaded the V880H_Blade G2(SD card software and Process).zip from ztedevice(dot)in/upload (the last sixth file) and can you provide me a step by step guide in installing it? Also, is there any risk of bricking the device? Actually it is not possible to install apps on external SD card currently. I hope it is fixed in the above update so I am planning to install it.

RajeshNethaniah
Old
(Last edited by RajeshNethaniah; 7th August 2014 at 11:44 PM.) Reason: Corrected.
Thanks Meter 10

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumedh25 View Post
I have downloaded the V880H_Blade G2(SD card software and Process).zip from ztedevice(dot)in/upload (the last sixth file) and can you provide me a step by step guide in installing it? Also, is there any risk of bricking the device? Actually it is not possible to install apps on external SD card currently. I hope it is fixed in the above update so I am planning to install it.
Method 1: If you didn't root the phone & if you don't have CWM recovery, then simply run the Software Update app > Select Update from SD.

Method 2: If you did root the phone & if you do have CWM recovery, then do the following.

1. Boot into CWM recovery mode.
2. Format system, data, cache, emmc.
3. Select 'Apply update from sdcard'.( 'Install zip from sdcard' should work too ).
4. Select 'update.zip' from SD card. (Make sure that you've copied the update.zip to SD).
5. Select Wipe dalvik cache once the installation it completed.
5. Select 'Reboot system now'.
6. Select 'No' for 'Disable recovery flash' if you want stock recovery. (Or select 'Yes' for 'Disable recovery flash' if you still want CWM recovery).

You won't see Superuser or SuperSU or any other additional apps, except the apps that came pre-installed.

Enjoy!

sumedh25
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Aby isk of bricking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeshNethaniah View Post
Method 1: If you didn't root the phone & if you don't have CWM recovery, then simply run the Software Update app > Select Update from SD.

Method 2: If you did root the phone & if you do have CWM recovery, then do the following.

1. Boot into CWM recovery mode.
2. Format system, data, cache, emmc.
3. Select 'Apply update from sdcard'.( 'Install zip from sdcard' should work too ).
4. Select 'update.zip' from SD card. (Make sure that you've copied the update.zip to SD).
5. Select Wipe dalvik cache once the installation it completed.
5. Select 'Reboot system now'.
6. Select 'No' for 'Disable recovery flash' if you want stock recovery. (Or select 'Yes' for 'Disable recovery flash' if you still want CWM recovery).

You won't see Superuser or SuperSU or any other additional apps, except the apps that came pre-installed.

Enjoy!
Thank you! But if I try method 1, is there any risk of bricking?

RajeshNethaniah
Old
Thanks Meter 10

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumedh25 View Post
Thank you! But if I try method 1, is there any risk of bricking?
No, as it's the official update/ROM.

Sent from my SK17i using XDA Free mobile app

pinakini
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by addy89 View Post
flash the original zte boot logo

see this forum:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2791370
Please provide the link for original zte boot logo

Sent from my IQ450_Quattro using XDA Free mobile app

sumedh25
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default How to move apps to external SD card??

How to move apps to external SD card? App settings menu has only two options which are internal memory and phone storage. All downloads, whatsapp media, app data are saved in internal SD card of phone. It doesn't change even when changed from settings under storage. Tried app to SD but no use. It also sends apps to internal SD card.Also, I don't want to root!

Gulabo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Not possible without root

Sent from my ZTE Blade G2 using XDA Free mobile app

sumedh25
Old
Thanks Meter 0
How to root with the safest way and move apps to SD card?

Sent from my ZTE Blade G2 using XDA Free mobile app

123ere
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Imei - unknow for zte blade g2

PLZZZZ HELP ME PLZZZZZ

I was installing CWMR after flashing the recovery.image from mobile unkle tool when i rebooted my phone then i lost my IMEI- no signal too plzzz help me asap its showing IMEI - UNKNOW