Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,116 Members 44,234 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Rom][4.4.4] LiquidSmooth v3.2 [Official][7/21/2014]

Tip us?

esilence
Old
(Last edited by esilence; 26th August 2014 at 09:06 AM.) Reason: back camera, not front
Thanks Meter 8
I had JB 4.1.2, debloated and was happy about it.. and have now switched to this ROM - I am amazed that there is such a development.

This ROM is much better, I can clearly see the speed and performance.

just some important bugs:

* Back camera for video recording does not work at all, it just shows black screen

* Battery consumption is very high. I have uninstalled themechooser.apk (which was the highest) and googlenowlauncher and google play music.apk - turned off data, wifi, sync, etc.. using now also battery doctor... it got little better after all, but still in comparision to JB 4.1.2 the battery consumption is clearly much higher in LS.

* just one small thing: would be great if the boot animation would really be "liquid" "smooth" as well, it looks like a gif file repeating with wrong timings with the water drops and dark screening, i.e. wrong time shifting.

terinfire
Old
Thanks Meter 134
I'm noticing that the phone is EXTREMELY slow now -- nothing unusual done. I'm noticing that com.android.systemui is also eating through the battery like nothing else. Was thinking about reflashing, but figured I might wait for a new release.

I haven't done anything really different -- or toggled anything -- is there any reason why the phone would slow down after a while... for no reason?

scaltro
Old
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Default Facebook showing a dark grey text on black background

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorgo View Post
Are you sure you don't have set facebook app for automatic updates?
There's another one today 15.0.0.7.16, so I assume, they just pushed the old bug back. That's how the life of beta tester goes around

https://www.facebook.com/FacebookAnd...72967456219953

I'm experiencing the Facebook showing a dark grey text on black background issue too...
I tried to flash the last ROM but the issue persist, also by cleaning Facebook's data.

Running now :
- Rom][4.4.4] LiquidSmooth v3.2 [Official][7/21/2014]
- Facebook 15.0.0.20.16 (Aug 19th)

Any idea what is the root cause?
Scaltro.
%---My folder:----%
www.megaupload.com

esilence
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaltro View Post
I'm experiencing the Facebook showing a dark grey text on black background issue too...
I tried to flash the last ROM but the issue persist, also by cleaning Facebook's data.

Running now :

yea same here, on main facebook screen posts it is like that, while on friends timeline it appears normal when i go there.
i changed the themes of android and tried again, but it didnt help as well

HibikiRush
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaltro View Post

Running now :

Yeah this has been annoying by with R3V3N saying he is working on an update I am hoping this gets fixed.

TPMJB
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by HibikiRush View Post
Yeah this has been annoying by with R3V3N saying he is working on an update I am hoping this gets fixed.
I stopped using Facebook as they now require the stupid messenger app too. As if I needed more crap running in the background. Works fine with the browser,but you lose the edit/delete post features.

dezmond06
Old
(Last edited by dezmond06; Yesterday at 04:55 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPMJB View Post
I stopped using Facebook as they now require the stupid messenger app too. As if I needed more crap running in the background. Works fine with the browser,but you lose the edit/delete post features.
Me too. F*ck off their stupid messanger![emoji48]

chuckiev79
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Just use an older version on fb. I havent updated in ages and all is well. No messenger.

Sent from my SGH-T699 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app