Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,303 Members 43,254 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] [4.4.4] SlimKat d2att (at&t) Stable 7.0

Tip us?

J M L
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseus71 View Post
That is weird. For some time around Stable 7, we had the volume increased a lot. But now in 7.6, I had it turned down a bit.

Can someone else please confirm if the volume is still too loud ?
I just got a call and the minimum volume is too loud. I'm on 7.6 and I dirty flashed from 7.0, which was a clean install. So far I'm not having any other problems. I don't mind if the maximum volume is too loud, but I had the volume turned down as low as it would let me, and it still sounded like those ROMs that have the "boost phone volume" setting enabled. On 7.0 the phone volume was fine for me.

Are the changes you're talking about modifications to /system/etc/snd_soc_msm/snd_soc_msm_2x? If so, then I don't think dirty flashing is a problem, unless that file is preserved when updating. It also makes it easy to try changes without reflashing.

Perseus71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,690

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by J M L View Post
I just got a call and the minimum volume is too loud. I'm on 7.6 and I dirty flashed from 7.0, which was a clean install. So far I'm not having any other problems. I don't mind if the maximum volume is too loud, but I had the volume turned down as low as it would let me, and it still sounded like those ROMs that have the "boost phone volume" setting enabled. On 7.0 the phone volume was fine for me.

Are the changes you're talking about modifications to /system/etc/snd_soc_msm/snd_soc_msm_2x? If so, then I don't think dirty flashing is a problem, unless that file is preserved when updating. It also makes it easy to try changes without reflashing.
it is that file
https://gerrit.slimroms.net/#/c/13039/

Yes I don't think dirty flash would be a problem unless like you said the file got preserved. The original commit which increased the volume,
https://gerrit.slimroms.net/#/c/12697/
was Aug 9th. But the latest commit went into 7.6 At least for me the volume is just right not too loud.

You are testing the volume by phone's Earpiece without any headset or bluetooth right ? If so, would you mind taking a nandroid and flashing 7.6 after a complete formatting except External SD card ?

jiji.james
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseus71 View Post
it is that file
https://gerrit.slimroms.net/#/c/13039/

Yes I don't think dirty flash would be a problem unless like you said the file got preserved. The original commit which increased the volume,
https://gerrit.slimroms.net/#/c/12697/
was Aug 9th. But the latest commit went into 7.6 At least for me the volume is just right not too loud.

You are testing the volume by phone's Earpiece without any headset or bluetooth right ? If so, would you mind taking a nandroid and flashing 7.6 after a complete formatting except External SD card ?
I found a work around its a little annoying though.

Once I receive the incoming call, press the volume down button. In the volume slider that comes up, slide to the highest setting and then back to the lowest volume using hand. This bring the volume down to manageable levels.

Also when I am using the volume rocker the blue dot on the slider only comes down to something like 10% but if I move the dot using my hand as described above, it comes down further.

sbs8331
Old
Thanks Meter 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbs8331 View Post
I'll certainly give it a go upon release. It may be a couple of days before I know about the LTE issue. I'm working out of my home this week (wifi) and don't generally have an LTE signal in the house. I'll know by Wednesday and will report back. Thanks.
Signal appears to work with this version. Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to sbs8331 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AzHavicx
Old
Thanks Meter 31

DONATE TO ME
Any ideas ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1409196076716.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (52.1 KB, 87 views)

Perseus71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,690

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzHavicx View Post
Any ideas ?
Slim Center got updated after 7 stable. Try latest weekly. Otherwise wait for next stable.

TomMelee
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Reporting here that on latest weekly my signal is better than it's been...maybe ever? Zero issues with apps closing, overall more responsive. ART is sticking, and I'm using it because it's showing me a dramatic performance improvement over dalvik with no other apparent issues. I have no issues w/ volume, either. The phone app occasionally doesn't want to draw, but clicking off and on the screen fixes that, assuming it's an ART issue.

Anyway---couldn't be happier.

Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to TomMelee For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]