Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,609 Members 42,450 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Best Screen Protector for S5?

Tip us?

mahdibassam
Old
Thanks Meter 31

DONATE TO ME
I don't understand the logic of some of you people .

Some say they put a Glass protector on their phones and say it broke when they dropped their phone. And they say that as a criticism !

Isn't the whole point of a Glass protector to protect your screen against falls ? Would you rather have your screen broken ?! That's the whole point of Glass over plastic. The Glass protector breaks into pieces instead of your 300$ screen.

420soljah808
Old
Thanks Meter 0
i went with zagg tempered glass its not that thick it does smudge but easy to clean but it does feel just like your stock screen but doesnt cover the whole screen.

07blackwater
Old
Thanks Meter 64
Installed tech armour ballistic today and so far seems really nice. Looks and feels better than the plastic one I had on.

I'm using it with an otterbox commuter and it fits perfectly.

The fingerprint scanner works great too.

Sent from my SM-G900W8

captanabolic
Old
Thanks Meter 4
+1 on the zagg glass lifetime warranty

DisplayError
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Are all tempered glass screen protectors the clear type? Are there any matte/antiglare screen protectors that you guys recommend?

konon
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Question NuGlas screen protector.

Hello,
Has anyone tried NuGlas tempered screen protector?
Looks like it has a cutout for the front camera and sensor. Specs are 0.3mm thin, 9h hardness, oliophobic coating.

Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=271565796115

tkurkowski
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by 420soljah808 View Post
i went with zagg tempered glass its not that thick it does smudge but easy to clean but it does feel just like your stock screen but doesnt cover the whole screen.
"it does smudge"

That's an understatement - the Zagg basically sucks fingerprints off of your fingers before you even touch the screen.

When you get tired of cleaning it, do what I did. Remove it and throw it away, and install a Tech Armor ballistic screen. The only way to get a smudge on the TA screen is to rub your nose on it. (About that. I'm not kidding.)

07blackwater
Old
Thanks Meter 64
I have to agree that the tech armour is pretty good in the finger smudge department.

I've had mine on about 2 weeks and finally had to clean it last night. I'm a mechanic and I used my phone with greasy fingers.

chrisdfw
Old
(Last edited by chrisdfw; 20th August 2014 at 03:41 PM.) Reason: Add comment
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by konon View Post
Hello,
Has anyone tried NuGlas tempered screen protector?
Looks like it has a cutout for the front camera and sensor. Specs are 0.3mm thin, 9h hardness, oleophobic coating.

Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=271565796115
Yes I love it. Would never go back to a film based protector. The oleophobic coating is great no fingerprints on it. For under 8$ I can not recommend it enough.

Berthaconners524
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahdibassam View Post
I don't understand the logic of some of you people .

Some say they put a Glass protector on their phones and say it broke when they dropped their phone. And they say that as a criticism !

Isn't the whole point of a Glass protector to protect your screen against falls ? Would you rather have your screen broken ?! That's the whole point of Glass over plastic. The Glass protector breaks into pieces instead of your 300$ screen.
I'm assuming you meant that you didn't understand my logic. I had a glass screen protector that broke very easily. Yes, the purpose of the glass is to protect the touchscreen $300 glass, which if effectively did. However, the plastic ones never "broke" for me, and worked quite well. The screen never broke with those either. Just saying.
I'm from Washington DC. I'm not exactly proud of it.