Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,915 Members 37,050 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

(ROM) MegaFire Mj2 Deodex i9205 V14/V14X Smooth/Fast

Tip us?

waltpinpin
Old
(Last edited by waltpinpin; Yesterday at 06:26 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3
Hi everybody,

after a few months V11x then tried other roms, I return to the Megafire remains there best as usual!
testing the V14x everything is perfect except the GSM reception (my carrier is Bouygues Telecom, France)
do you think I can improve it by flashing another modem?

thanks in advance

edit: I saw on other topics that usually gsm reception was not top on the Mega and personally I confirm ...
yet it seemed to me (very subjective) that it was a tad better
  • Galaxy Mega GT-19205
  • MegaFireMj2V11X
  • Bande de base: I9205XXUDNE4
  • Kernel: 3.4.0-1858868
  • Recovery: TWRP v2.7
  • Launcher: ADW Launcher
  • Others: LBE Security, TWRP Manager, FolderMount, Beautiful Widgets, Juice Defender, Swiftkey...
  • Devices: Sony SBH52, Sony SmartWatch
  • My toy: http://www.weatherlandradio.net

megalomanic14
Old
(Last edited by megalomanic14; Yesterday at 06:27 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicoweb View Post
Hello everyone! I have a problem on my galaxy mega 6.3 i9205. I have 4.4.2 official kitkat (I9205XXUDNE4 - which is the last official italian kitkat firmware for mega i9205 in Italy). Some times on a day, when i start a call with someone, or when someone calls me, after some seconds, in which i regularry hear the other person, the voice of the other person go away, and i can't hear anything more, but the call still remains active. The cellular signal is ok, during the problem, but i don't hear nothing. My carrier is TIM (Italy). Maybe my carrier has some problems on its local antenna. When i previously had official stock 4.2.2 jelly bean i had not this problem. So, maybe i could try to come back to jelly bean 4.2.2, but kitkat's bootloader is locked. So, what can i do? Can i try to install this megafire rom based on jelly bean?
Kit kat does not have a locked bootloader...unless your on a carrier specifically that locks the boot...otherwise this is just a misunderstanding of what knox is...yes just flash megafire like usual

Mega

Also have you tried my megakat rom? Idk anyone who actually enjoys the mega on stock anything since their Stock roms suck so bad lol...but you can flash either on of my roms

megalomanic14
Old
(Last edited by megalomanic14; Yesterday at 06:25 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltpinpin View Post
Hi everybody,

after a few months V11x then tried other roms, I return to the Megafire remains there best as usual!
testing the V14x everything is perfect except the GSM reception (my carrier is Bouygues Telecom, France)
do you think I can improve it by flashing another modem?

thanks in advance
Doubtful cuz the reception is not really a condition of the rom. ...it's based on your actual carrier coverage...the roms actually have zero alterations to anything 3g/lte related unfortunately meaning you can try another baseband but it's more than likely your service

Mega