Unofficial Android 4.4 Lands on Three Mediatek Devices

For the last few years, devices with MTK systems-on-chip haven’t received much … more

MultiImagePicker Library for Multiple Image Selection

App developmentcan be done in more than a handful of ways. You can write every single … more

Shoot Troubles, Not Users w/ Alex Boag-Munroe – XDA:DevCon 2014

In presenting the various sessions from XDA:DevCon 2014, weve mainly … more

Oppo Releases ColorOS for the Find 5… Poorly

Almost every OEM has taken the liberty of creating its own incarnation of the Android OS. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Partitioning SDCard for Link2SD on KitKat

OP MrLascivious

11th April 2014, 05:08 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
More
Hi

I am on Xperia Z1, rooted, locked bootloader, .757, SDFix access fix, with dual recovery. I have an app call Link2SD and it requires to have a second partition on my sd card. They said to use a software called MiniTool... My question is, how do I proceed to partition my SD card without breaking anything like the installed Dual Recovery?
11th April 2014, 05:18 PM   |  #2  
Forum Moderator
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 4,603

10,030 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLascivious

Hi

I am on Xperia Z1, rooted, locked bootloader, .757, SDFix access fix, with dual recovery. I have an app call Link2SD and it requires to have a second partition on my sd card. They said to use a software called MiniTool... My question is, how do I proceed to partition my SD card without breaking anything like the installed Dual Recovery?

partitioning your SD card will not break dual recovery

However, I think you may find link2sd wont work on Z1
I never managed to get it to work on any FW with my Z1

and TBH, I don't really find the need for it anymore. I used it on my x10 and Xperia T but I have never run out of space yet on my z1
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gregbradley For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th April 2014, 10:31 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
More
--
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley

partitioning your SD card will not break dual recovery

However, I think you may find link2sd wont work on Z1
I never managed to get it to work on any FW with my Z1

and TBH, I don't really find the need for it anymore. I used it on my x10 and Xperia T but I have never run out of space yet on my z1

I've successfully partitioned my SD Card with secondary primary parition set to ext2. Link2SD (linking) works except it doesn't link Android/data/ and Android/obb/ I 've contacted the developer to ask about it.
10th August 2014, 04:38 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 2

22 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLascivious

I've successfully partitioned my SD Card with secondary primary parition set to ext2. Link2SD (linking) works except it doesn't link Android/data/ and Android/obb/ I 've contacted the developer to ask about it.

got any reply/solution from developer?
10th August 2014, 04:44 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
More
Well the next two days he provided the update to paid users for the /data part. But apparently /obb not yet. He briefly explained to me /obb is complicated because it is not linkable natively.
17th August 2014, 04:05 AM   |  #6  

4 posts
Hi MrLascivious,
  • How do you handle to get link2sd working in your phone?

I have an Xperia Z1 compact (original stock, kitkat 4.4.4 and rooted, bootloader lock), but link2sd canīt even mount the second partition.

It says: "App2SD is not supported by your device...."

Any idea?
28th August 2014, 07:25 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Em1l10

Hi MrLascivious,

• How do you handle to get link2sd working in your phone?

I have an Xperia Z1 compact (original stock, kitkat 4.4.4 and rooted, bootloader lock), but link2sd canīt even mount the second partition.

It says: "App2SD is not supported by your device...."

Any idea?

I am not sure about your Z1 compact. I only have Z1 and KitKat 4.4.2. Have you tried asking the developer of link2sd? Mine found the partition so everything was straightforward as I remember.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread