Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

XDA and Leaseweb: Server Trial/Moto 360 Contest (Winners!)

About a month ago, we held a contest along with XDA’s host, Leaseweb, to … more

[Q] Straight Talk (ATT sim) APN for HTC ONE M8

OP cheno1115

12th June 2014, 05:39 AM   |  #31  
OP Member
Flag Eau Claire, WI
Thanks Meter: 9

78 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnotestone

Are you still having this issue? If so I had the same issue, I have at&t and I am using straight talk as my cairrer . I tried every APN that was out there and could not get it to work. So I decided to root my device. I rooted it and stock root would still not allow me to receive picture message with straight talks APN. Then I installed venoms viper one Rom and went to straight talks website got the same APN I had been using and entered it into my phone. Restarted my phone and tried to send myself a photo and it sent and I received it. That's what I did and not only is viper one Rom sweet my mms is working properly!!!! Hope this helps

Yeah, Viper is the rom I am using too at the moment. I love it. But... I had MMS working on the stock rom too after 4 days of activating my service too, so I'm not exactly sure if using a custom rom has much to do with it.
12th June 2014, 05:44 AM   |  #32  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheno1115

Yeah, Viper is the rom I am using too at the moment. I love it. But... I had MMS working on the stock rom too after 4 days of activating my service too, so I'm not exactly sure if using a custom rom has much to do with it.

I'm was still in the middle of my activation so it didn't 're up. I just noticed when I was rooted that I could receive mms. And when I wasn't I could not receive mms .
16th June 2014, 06:07 PM   |  #33  
Flag Rochester NY
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
More
I gave in and just rooted and installed Viper ROM, it started working instantly.
28th August 2014, 09:43 PM   |  #34  
Thanks Meter: 1

8 posts
To confirm after 5 months of waiting update 4.4.3 had resolved my mms issue

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
apn, htc, htc one (m8), straight talk, straight talk apn
Previous Thread Next Thread