Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Mediapad X1 dpi is way to big!

27th August 2014, 04:59 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 1

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by realeze

Many apps, including Google+ and Now Launcher, will not install or run.
Also, many text and other graphical elements, such as the included keyboards, are humorously large on the screen.

At 320, the device felt like a phablet. At 400, the device feels like a overly large phone.

Sent from my LG-D803 using Tapatalk

Yes, it's what I suppose,

anyway, I've installed the X1 as a carputer, and I am running Chrome, Poweramp, MusicXMatch, Sygic, Google Apps, etc, etc, etc.without problems.
The included keyboards also have normal size.

It's very strange, because AnTuTu says my tablet is 400 dpi, but all seems normal.

Well, I suppose i'm lucky
27th August 2014, 08:48 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 30

117 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by loJaume

Yes, it's what I suppose,

anyway, I've installed the X1 as a carputer, and I am running Chrome, Poweramp, MusicXMatch, Sygic, Google Apps, etc, etc, etc.without problems.
The included keyboards also have normal size.

It's very strange, because AnTuTu says my tablet is 400 dpi, but all seems normal.

Well, I suppose i'm lucky

Can you share pics and details of your carputer installation? I am thinking of ways to do the same...
28th August 2014, 10:43 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 1

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by realeze

Can you share pics and details of your carputer installation? I am thinking of ways to do the same...

Yes.
You can find some images in this Thread
You can see the tablet is well integrated with car. I used Huawei Mediapad X1 because I had some size limitations, and this one is the smallest 7" tablet I've found.

I used CarHome Ultra as frontend, and some apps for multimedia (Poweramp, MusicXmatch, Google Play Music), GPS car navigation (Sygic, Google Navigation), OBD2 (DashCommand), etc, etc, etc.
I connected tablet headset output to my car audio AUX input.

The tablet puts automatically on/off when I start engine. I used "Actions" app to automatize WakeUp/Sleep depending on charging state. Tasker app is more powerful, but It was impossible to install.

It's very important to charge the tablet with a 5V-4A regulator like this one in DX. It's important to charge battery quickly!
Also, I used an app -don't remember the name- to put tablet in lowest consumption to minimize battery drain when is sleeping.

Well, if you do the same, show us the project, ...and luck!
Last edited by loJaume; 28th August 2014 at 10:48 AM. Reason: add info
The Following User Says Thank You to loJaume For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th August 2014, 05:04 AM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 3

10 posts
Back to 4.2.2
No kidding, that 400 dpi in 4.4.2 is WAY to large. Thought I could live with it, but can't. It's perfect in 4.2.2, so back I went!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in MediaPad, SpringBoard General by ThreadRank