Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,091 Members 53,234 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Warranty return after s-off and/or root

Tip us?
richii0207 Old
(Last edited by richii0207; 26th August 2014 at 09:17 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Edited.

Abe21599
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by dneiding View Post
That's why I say deal with 1-800 Verizon not a store. You get a replacement the next day so long as you can be without the replacement for a day that is the way to go.
i wish i would have known that before bothering going into the store. would have saved me an hour. good to know.

blestsol
Old
Thanks Meter 409
Yeah I never go to a store. Complain on the phone then have them ship me a new one. Swap and done.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

rudyolph
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by blestsol View Post
Yeah I never go to a store. Complain on the phone then have them ship me a new one. Swap and done.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
I'm assuming you guys all have insurance then right? Otherwise why are your carriers to easily swapping you new phones?

o-o
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyolph View Post
I'm assuming you guys all have insurance then right? Otherwise why are your carriers to easily swapping you new phones?
Warranty claims they will easily swap. I called about a Rezound that would get incredibly hot while charging. They sent me a new phone that arrived the next day. I sent back the old phone with S-Off, rooted, and a custom rom installed. From what I've read all they check is that the phone will power on.

majormcbain
Old
(Last edited by majormcbain; 22nd August 2014 at 03:01 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
I'll find out soon. Enough just sent an M8 back to BIG RED Monday. I'll update when it shows received and there are no extra charges added to my account.

rudyolph
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have a replacement on the way myself. Hopefully we have no issues. The phone aesthetically is in perfect condition.

jake.99x3
Old
Thanks Meter 44
I claimed my warranty the other week from a cracked screen and I just flashed a modified hboot before sending it off so that it said locked and s-on
I'M AN ANGRY FLASHER
iPhone 3g - iPhone 4 - Nexus 4 - Galaxy s4 - Htc One M8
DON'T BE AFRAID TO HIT THE THANKS BUTTON
UNLOCKED BL S-OFF TWRP

Jordan.Deck
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Upgrading my phone at Verizon took me hours to do. While the time passed I talked to the Verizon associate about how I've rooted every smart phone I've ever owned and he didn't seem to mind a bit that those were all their phones, and actually seemed quite intrigued about doing so himself. Anyway my microphone piece won't work during calls, so I'm going to replace mine through Verizon's warrantee claims phone number. I'll post with results.

Unlocked, s-off, rooted with modified hboot that shows status locked and s-on.

majormcbain
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Just an update. All seems good no extra charges or calls asking WTF?? Just a message saying thanks for returning the phone and my next bill came. Which is normal.