Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,683 Members 51,285 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Moved to S5 from which device & why

Tip us?

dladz
Old
Thanks Meter 754

DONATE TO ME
From the Z1 and every other phone in my sig, why? Because it was a free gift, got the gear fit for free too WIn

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrorblade23 View Post
I think now I'm reconciled with the ideea of having an s5 instead of lg g3 because I wasn't able to buy g3 (no money to add , g3 was more expensive )
G3 is a beast of a phone but that comes at a price, overheating and battery life, phones great but these issues could be a pain, unless they've fixed some of the issues they had when it was released, my friend has one, couldn't even open the camera one time as it was overheating, wasn't charging it, playing a game, nothing.

S5 is the more stable choice which is odd as Galaxy's have always been known to cook themselves.
Phones: Moto 888 - Nokia 6110 - Nokia 3210 - Nokia 3310 - Nokia 8210 - Samsung e250 - Sony F305 - LG Viewty - G1 - HTC Hero - HTC Desire HD - HTC Sensation - Nokia Lumia 800 - HTC EVO 3D - Samsung i9300 - Asus Prime TF201 silver - HTC One - Galaxy Camera - Z1 - Galaxy S5

gee2012
Old
(Last edited by gee2012; 25th August 2014 at 05:57 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by dladz View Post
From the Z1 and every other phone in my sig, why? Because it was a free gift, got the gear fit for free too WIn

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

G3 is a beast of a phone but that comes at a price, overheating and battery life, phones great but these issues could be a pain, unless they've fixed some of the issues they had when it was released, my friend has one, couldn't even open the camera one time as it was overheating, wasn't charging it, playing a game, nothing.

S5 is the more stable choice which is odd as Galaxy's have always been known to cook themselves.
Most heating issues are with the Exynos devices. I`am switching to the Nexus X/6 when its available in november/december.
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue
Unofficial elelinux CM 11.0 (4.4.4) stock kernel

CollinFX45
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsmith709 View Post
Had 2 units of the LG, like I said fantastic but laggy worst of the bunch, screen to much for the processor, no where near as smooth as the lg g2. But each to there own.
I did the exact same thing: got the G3 and then went (back) to the S5. Couldn't be happier.

-Collin-

eyeLUVAndroid
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Moved from Nexus 5 because of :
Better Camera
Got a Gear Fit
Needed a new toy
Previouse Phones: Alcatel One Touch Pocket, Ericsson T28, Samsung T309, Sony Ericsson T610, imate K-Jam, iphone 3, iphone 4, LG G2X, Samsung Galaxy SII, Samsung Note, Huawei Ascend Mate, Nexus 5
Current Phone : Samsung Galaxy S5

tweexter
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Moved from a GS3 way too soon. I had CM running on there and loved it, and have been dealing with touchwiz far too long on the S5. Other than that I love the beefier specs and the nicer camera for sure.

dladz
Old
Thanks Meter 754

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012 View Post
Most heating issues are with the Exynos devices. I`am switching to the Nexus X/6 when its available in november/december.
Me mate has the snapdragon one, he loves it an it doesn't happen a lot but a bit disheartening when it did..
Phones: Moto 888 - Nokia 6110 - Nokia 3210 - Nokia 3310 - Nokia 8210 - Samsung e250 - Sony F305 - LG Viewty - G1 - HTC Hero - HTC Desire HD - HTC Sensation - Nokia Lumia 800 - HTC EVO 3D - Samsung i9300 - Asus Prime TF201 silver - HTC One - Galaxy Camera - Z1 - Galaxy S5

Quinnaay
Old
Thanks Meter 14
S4 to Oneplus One to S5 as of yesterday. The OPO has far too many issues for my liking currently and i got offered a trade and 50 my way and it was an offer i couldn't refuse. So far its really good, back to how my S4 was but snappier and better battery life. Not had much time to toy with it yet, think i may root and install a custom Rom as i dont have warranty anyway. I think this is my phone ill stay with until the Nexus 6 is out.

labeeqhussain
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I moved from an iPhone 5S to the S5 because the S5 basically had a better everthing! The only thing that the iPhone beats the S5 within is the fingerprint scanner and the usability. Apart from that though, the S5 is spectacular in every way!

RohanM
Old
Thanks Meter 454
I am not a S5 user, but a LG G2.. & not going to upgrade every soon.. LG messed with G3 because of that QHD ****.. My G2 is still new, 3 months only.. Will be upgrading to S5 when it's prices are down.
LG P690 = >> Galaxy S3 = >> Nexus 4 = >> LG G2
All Stock + Root