OP goku2778

31st July 2014, 09:00 AM   |  #301  
Flag Los Osos
Thanks Meter: 776

1,288 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by celphtitled

Philz is not working when it fixes root....

okay try Towel Root then :/ you'll still have to download SuperSU and Busybox from the play store tho
The Following User Says Thank You to 6th_Hokage For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st July 2014, 08:12 PM   |  #302  
Flag Columbus, OH
Thanks Meter: 1,811

3,432 posts
More
Quote:

Back to stock? I am flashing stock ND8

One thing, every time I flash Philz I never rebooted into recovery, I always have to uncheck auto reboot and pull the battery and manually volume up+home+power to get into Philz after flashing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6th_Hokage

well what you can do if you time it right is with auto-reboot checked once the phone is in the turn off stage before the Samsung screen shows hold both Vol. Up+Home Button and you can boot into recovery that way but what i do is uncheck auto-reboot then with the cord still connected hold the power button then wait for the Charging screen to show up cause that turns off the phone then i hold Power+Vol. Up+Home then boot into recovery

Turning the phone off is just a time saver anyway. It doesn't matter if you boot the phone first and then shut it down, pull the battery or hold the power button to turn it off.
Quote:

Philz is not working when it fixes root....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6th_Hokage

okay try Towel Root then :/ you'll still have to download SuperSU and Busybox from the play store tho

You can always just Google to get Chainfire's latest SuperSU.zip directly from his website and flash that in Philz.

[BATTERY] Plasma Battery! 🆕🆒🆓 & wickeddecimalbarwide_colors

Charging still shot

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Conquest: Singularity v6.3, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.

You are using the very latest version of Philz, right?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to roirraW "edor" ehT For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th August 2014, 05:40 PM   |  #303  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I have been trying to download goku's S3 root bundle for a few days now. I keep getting an error from dropbox about his public files generating too much traffic. does someone have a mirror i can download them from?
9th August 2014, 02:41 AM   |  #304  
Thanks Meter: 50

801 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odditi

I have been trying to download goku's S3 root bundle for a few days now. I keep getting an error from dropbox about his public files generating too much traffic. does someone have a mirror i can download them from?

Same here ill have to find another method i guess if none around
9th August 2014, 03:10 PM   |  #305  
Recognized Developer
Flag Garrett, IN
Thanks Meter: 29,282

15,907 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdcrds

Same here ill have to find another method i guess if none around

If you're going to be going to KitKat ND8, use this and same yourself some time-http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2750846

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bilgerryan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th August 2014, 12:14 AM   |  #306  

1 posts
Thumbs up Nice
This tutorial worked.

I had issues for hours and this helped. Thank you for your awesome dedication.
20th August 2014, 06:20 PM   |  #307  
Okeechobee Florida
Thanks Meter: 16

25 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Noob

This worked.

I had issues for hours and this helped. Thank you for your awesome dedication.

I agree. It's a great information
29th August 2014, 10:34 AM   |  #308  

1 posts
Unfortunatly' SuperSU has stopped
Need Help.

Samsung Galaxy S3 - SPH-L70 with 4.4.2

Followed Chainfires root procedure. Got the red android during reboot, etc. Downloaded Root Checker from Play Store and it says - do not have root access. So I downloaded SuperSU, and the screen message 'Unfortunately, Super SU has stopped' appears. So I downloaded the pay version of SuperSU. Still no change. Now, every time I go to use the phone, I get the message that SuperSU has stopped.

I have never rooted before. So I need help and hopefully posted in the correct forum

Donald
29th August 2014, 10:55 AM   |  #309  
Flag Los Osos
Thanks Meter: 776

1,288 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by captdon

Need Help.

Samsung Galaxy S3 - SPH-L70 with 4.4.2

Followed Chainfires root procedure. Got the red android during reboot, etc. Downloaded Root Checker from Play Store and it says - do not have root access. So I downloaded SuperSU, and the screen message 'Unfortunately, Super SU has stopped' appears. So I downloaded the pay version of SuperSU. Still no change. Now, every time I go to use the phone, I get the message that SuperSU has stopped.

I have never rooted before. So I need help and hopefully posted in the correct forum

Donald

funny how your going to 4.3 forum for help with 4.4.2 but on another note read bellow

root: there are several methods to root

1st. and mostly recommended flash Philz recovery for the D2Lte in Odin just make sure your on the latest one then root your stock rom with the option under Philz settings called Re-root(SuperSU)

2nd' you can use any recovery and flash the SuperSU zip from Chain fire

3rd. TowelRoot for the actual rooting process then download SuperSU and BusyBox from the PlayStore

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 6th_Hokage For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread