Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,088 Members 39,191 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to Root stock SPH-L710 4.3

Tip us?

6th_Hokage
Old
Thanks Meter 471
Quote:
Originally Posted by celphtitled View Post
Philz is not working when it fixes root....
okay try Towel Root then :/ you'll still have to download SuperSU and Busybox from the play store tho
YouTube Channel

my work:

Custom Splash Screen Sprint/Boost/Virgin Mobile s3 Touchwiz Roms and some AOSP Roms

sorta my work :P Viper4Andriod S3 APP and Settings

and helping with Flappy Bird's Family

current phone:
Samsung Galaxy S3,Wicked X v7.2 ND8 with NDC Modem

Past phones: latest to oldest
Galaxy Infuse 4G
Galaxy S 4G 3rd time
myTouch 3G slide
Galaxy S 4G 2nd time
T-mobile myTouch
Galaxy S 4G
Sensation 4G
Moto Backflip
The Following User Says Thank You to 6th_Hokage For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

roirraW "edor" ehT
Old
Thanks Meter 1,729
Quote:
Back to stock? I am flashing stock ND8

One thing, every time I flash Philz I never rebooted into recovery, I always have to uncheck auto reboot and pull the battery and manually volume up+home+power to get into Philz after flashing...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6th_Hokage View Post
well what you can do if you time it right is with auto-reboot checked once the phone is in the turn off stage before the Samsung screen shows hold both Vol. Up+Home Button and you can boot into recovery that way but what i do is uncheck auto-reboot then with the cord still connected hold the power button then wait for the Charging screen to show up cause that turns off the phone then i hold Power+Vol. Up+Home then boot into recovery
Turning the phone off is just a time saver anyway. It doesn't matter if you boot the phone first and then shut it down, pull the battery or hold the power button to turn it off.
Quote:
Philz is not working when it fixes root....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6th_Hokage View Post
okay try Towel Root then :/ you'll still have to download SuperSU and Busybox from the play store tho
You can always just Google to get Chainfire's latest SuperSU.zip directly from his website and flash that in Philz.

[BATTERY] Plasma Battery! 🆕🆒🆓 & wickeddecimalbarwide_colors

Charging still shot

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Conquest: Singularity v6.3, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.

You are using the very latest version of Philz, right?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to roirraW "edor" ehT For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Odditi
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have been trying to download goku's S3 root bundle for a few days now. I keep getting an error from dropbox about his public files generating too much traffic. does someone have a mirror i can download them from?

rdcrds
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odditi View Post
I have been trying to download goku's S3 root bundle for a few days now. I keep getting an error from dropbox about his public files generating too much traffic. does someone have a mirror i can download them from?
Same here ill have to find another method i guess if none around

bilgerryan
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 27,384

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdcrds View Post
Same here ill have to find another method i guess if none around
If you're going to be going to KitKat ND8, use this and same yourself some time-http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2750846

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bilgerryan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Capt. Noob
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Nice

This tutorial worked.

I had issues for hours and this helped. Thank you for your awesome dedication.

bob-st
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Noob View Post
This worked.

I had issues for hours and this helped. Thank you for your awesome dedication.
I agree. It's a great information

captdon
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Unfortunatly' SuperSU has stopped

Need Help.

Samsung Galaxy S3 - SPH-L70 with 4.4.2

Followed Chainfires root procedure. Got the red android during reboot, etc. Downloaded Root Checker from Play Store and it says - do not have root access. So I downloaded SuperSU, and the screen message 'Unfortunately, Super SU has stopped' appears. So I downloaded the pay version of SuperSU. Still no change. Now, every time I go to use the phone, I get the message that SuperSU has stopped.

I have never rooted before. So I need help and hopefully posted in the correct forum

Donald

6th_Hokage
Old
Thanks Meter 471
Quote:
Originally Posted by captdon View Post
Need Help.

Samsung Galaxy S3 - SPH-L70 with 4.4.2

Followed Chainfires root procedure. Got the red android during reboot, etc. Downloaded Root Checker from Play Store and it says - do not have root access. So I downloaded SuperSU, and the screen message 'Unfortunately, Super SU has stopped' appears. So I downloaded the pay version of SuperSU. Still no change. Now, every time I go to use the phone, I get the message that SuperSU has stopped.

I have never rooted before. So I need help and hopefully posted in the correct forum

Donald
funny how your going to 4.3 forum for help with 4.4.2 but on another note read bellow

root: there are several methods to root

1st. and mostly recommended flash Philz recovery for the D2Lte in Odin just make sure your on the latest one then root your stock rom with the option under Philz settings called Re-root(SuperSU)

2nd' you can use any recovery and flash the SuperSU zip from Chain fire

3rd. TowelRoot for the actual rooting process then download SuperSU and BusyBox from the PlayStore
YouTube Channel

my work:

Custom Splash Screen Sprint/Boost/Virgin Mobile s3 Touchwiz Roms and some AOSP Roms

sorta my work :P Viper4Andriod S3 APP and Settings

and helping with Flappy Bird's Family

current phone:
Samsung Galaxy S3,Wicked X v7.2 ND8 with NDC Modem

Past phones: latest to oldest
Galaxy Infuse 4G
Galaxy S 4G 3rd time
myTouch 3G slide
Galaxy S 4G 2nd time
T-mobile myTouch
Galaxy S 4G
Sensation 4G
Moto Backflip

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 6th_Hokage For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]