Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,567 Members 42,678 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

knock-on trouble

Tip us?

xlnzee
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by trubadness View Post
just sharing my experience: i updated to zvd, back to zvc, to cm11, back to zv7 and ota'd all the way back to zvd and my knock on still worked, it is now broken after i flashed the white lines fix after flashing the tmobile stock rom by novembre5. tried every fix in this thread and still no fix. knock off works flawlessly. im sure if i went back to zv7 and took all the ota's again ittl work but i need this rom to use my tmobile service.
Did you try the Hidden Menu trick? that works for many if not all.

try 3845#*modelnumber# eg: 3845#*800# change model number 800 with your phones model number, then tap on "Settings" and scroll down to "Update Touch Firmware"

penone1130
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm on a US Sprint LG-G2 and folllowing beezar's advise was able to get into the proper hidden menu. I went ahead and updated the Touch Firmware but still no go. 2 questions:

1. What is the correct firmware version that will fix the knock on issue?
2. Does the proximity sensor have any effect on knock-on? I just recently replaced my screen and think I may have damaged the proximity sensor. When I use one of the proximity sensor tests it never seems to work. Stays at 0cm.

Thanks for any help!

imekul
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by penone1130 View Post
I'm on a US Sprint LG-G2 and folllowing beezar's advise was able to get into the proper hidden menu. I went ahead and updated the Touch Firmware but still no go. 2 questions:

1. What is the correct firmware version that will fix the knock on issue?
2. Does the proximity sensor have any effect on knock-on? I just recently replaced my screen and think I may have damaged the proximity sensor. When I use one of the proximity sensor tests it never seems to work. Stays at 0cm.

Thanks for any help!
I think the proximity sensor DOES affect the knock-on feature. My knock-on works fine, but if I put one hand over the proximity sensor it won't wake on a double-tap (probably to avoid accidental wakes when the phone is in a pocket).

penone1130
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks.

I see now where the issue lies. When I put the screen on I must have had too much adhesive on the top portion because it does look a bit raised. If I push down on the left corner and then double tap phone turns on. Looks like I'm going to have to take the screen off and add more adhesive.

blakebaa
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm having the exact same issue, and haven't found an easy way around it yet. There is the hard way, but I don't trust myself enough to do that! :P