Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Bluetooth AVRCP Control Buttons Not Working in LG Stock ROM

OP bsg273

23rd May 2014, 07:22 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

57 posts
More
Does anyone know a solution for remapping or reutilizing the Bluetooth AVRCP control buttons for a set of bluetooth headphones (LG Tone HBS-700 specifically) on the LG stock ROM? All I want is for the play/pause, forward/previous track buttons to work on my headphones with the SiriusXM app. I came from CM11 and it worked perfectly there. When SiriusXM was playing, the buttons would affect it, and so forth with other music player apps when they had control. Now that I'm back on trying stock ROM, it of course doesn't work because LG's ROM is a piece of junk. Any recommendations?
24th May 2014, 07:18 PM   |  #2  
Flag Michigan
Thanks Meter: 18

165 posts
More
App in play store called media button router allows you to designate a specific app to be controlled by bt devices.... it's free, maybe that'll do the trick for you

Sent from my eXposed G2
The Following User Says Thank You to hootowlserenade For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th May 2014, 04:55 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

57 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hootowlserenade

App in play store called media button router allows you to designate a specific app to be controlled by bt devices.... it's free, maybe that'll do the trick for you

Sent from my eXposed G2

I didn't know about that app! I downloaded and installed it, and unfortunately, it isn't recognizing SiriusXM as one of the music players on my phone. Thanks for the suggestion though.
28th May 2014, 06:00 AM   |  #4  
Flag Michigan
Thanks Meter: 18

165 posts
More
Maybe email the dev and ask if he'll add it to the app list... couldn't hurt to try.

Sent from my Xposed G2
28th May 2014, 03:57 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

57 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hootowlserenade

Maybe email the dev and ask if he'll add it to the app list... couldn't hurt to try.

Sent from my Xposed G2

Not a bad idea. I'll try it!
29th August 2014, 03:03 PM   |  #6  

33 posts
More
Sorry to resurrect a zombie thread, but has anyone found a KK ROM with functional AVRCP play / pause support? Media Button Router is a viable alternative for me on 4.3, but does not work on 4.4. Development of the app had basically stopped from what I see... Thanks for any suggestions.
29th August 2014, 04:13 PM   |  #7  
OP Member

57 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgravel

Sorry to resurrect a zombie thread, but has anyone found a KK ROM with functional AVRCP play / pause support? Media Button Router is a viable alternative for me on 4.3, but does not work on 4.4. Development of the app had basically stopped from what I see... Thanks for any suggestions.

The only ones I ever found to work are AOSP-based, namely Cyanogenmod, but I'm sure any AOSP-based KK ROM would have fully functional AVRCP support for whatever application you're using, provided the application utilizes the system's audio player.

The Following User Says Thank You to bsg273 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread