FORUMS

Root T-Mobile S6/Edge on 5.1.1 Without Tripping Knox

If you purchase phones from a carrier, you may be no stranger to the difficulties … more

IonVR Coming Soon, HTC M9 Dev Edition Gets Android 5.1 – XDA TV

The HTC M9 Developer Edition has received Android 5.1. That and … more

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

CleanSlate Brings Fingerprint Scanner Mod to HTC One M9+

Work of XDA Recognized Developer tbalden, CleanSlate custom kernel for the HTC … more

[Q] Bluetooth AVRCP Control Buttons Not Working in LG Stock ROM

62 posts
Thanks Meter: 4
 
By bsg273, Member on 23rd May 2014, 06:22 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Does anyone know a solution for remapping or reutilizing the Bluetooth AVRCP control buttons for a set of bluetooth headphones (LG Tone HBS-700 specifically) on the LG stock ROM? All I want is for the play/pause, forward/previous track buttons to work on my headphones with the SiriusXM app. I came from CM11 and it worked perfectly there. When SiriusXM was playing, the buttons would affect it, and so forth with other music player apps when they had control. Now that I'm back on trying stock ROM, it of course doesn't work because LG's ROM is a piece of junk. Any recommendations?
 
 
24th May 2014, 06:18 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Flag Michigan
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
App in play store called media button router allows you to designate a specific app to be controlled by bt devices.... it's free, maybe that'll do the trick for you

Sent from my eXposed G2
The Following User Says Thank You to hootowlserenade For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th May 2014, 03:55 PM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hootowlserenade

App in play store called media button router allows you to designate a specific app to be controlled by bt devices.... it's free, maybe that'll do the trick for you

Sent from my eXposed G2

I didn't know about that app! I downloaded and installed it, and unfortunately, it isn't recognizing SiriusXM as one of the music players on my phone. Thanks for the suggestion though.
28th May 2014, 05:00 AM |#4  
Senior Member
Flag Michigan
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
Maybe email the dev and ask if he'll add it to the app list... couldn't hurt to try.

Sent from my Xposed G2
28th May 2014, 02:57 PM |#5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hootowlserenade

Maybe email the dev and ask if he'll add it to the app list... couldn't hurt to try.

Sent from my Xposed G2

Not a bad idea. I'll try it!
29th August 2014, 02:03 PM |#6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Sorry to resurrect a zombie thread, but has anyone found a KK ROM with functional AVRCP play / pause support? Media Button Router is a viable alternative for me on 4.3, but does not work on 4.4. Development of the app had basically stopped from what I see... Thanks for any suggestions.
29th August 2014, 03:13 PM |#7  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgravel

Sorry to resurrect a zombie thread, but has anyone found a KK ROM with functional AVRCP play / pause support? Media Button Router is a viable alternative for me on 4.3, but does not work on 4.4. Development of the app had basically stopped from what I see... Thanks for any suggestions.

The only ones I ever found to work are AOSP-based, namely Cyanogenmod, but I'm sure any AOSP-based KK ROM would have fully functional AVRCP support for whatever application you're using, provided the application utilizes the system's audio player.
The Following User Says Thank You to bsg273 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes