This is not my process it is one that I have seen in pieces and after trial error and several soft bricks I have root on NC5 and am Back cruzing away.
(--Disclaimer, this is what I did to My device and How I was Able to resolve My situation. YOUR results may be different and I DO NOT assume
any responsibility for what you do with your device.
If you are not sure if you are in the same boat or you do not understand basics of rooting, flashing and using ODIN please do you research and educate yourself)
This was my situation and how I was able to get back to root.
- I was on the Original Stock Rom Rooted with CF-AutoRoot... (NAE) Root NAE Life is great! (Find it in Original Android Dev)
- I accepted the OTA via Kies and after reboot was unrooted NC5 running fine.
- I tried to flash CF-Auto root several times and It always crashed and left me in a soft brick... in Odin it would get to cache and hang....
- I then flashed the NB3 recovery via ODIN. (I used 3.09) (reboot, Yeah, we up again...)
- I re-flashed CF-Autoroot and Profit! $$$
- went to playstore and installed superSU
- I then re-flash TWRP 184.108.40.206 and made a back-up.
The Lesson learned here is flash the NB3 Recovery before you go Flash CF-AutoRoot.
I have attached it.