Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,937 Members 43,514 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Discussion]Porting 4K & Timeshift video from Z2 to other Xperias

Tip us?

olokos
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1,184

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruggyboss View Post
Actually I think warranty is gone when you root.. So don't worry, it can't be worse than this
Quote:
Originally Posted by play3maniac View Post
I was only asking, because i was curious about it. Thank you for the answer.

I think, at least here in Portugal, that you lose your warranty, when you unlock the bootloader, speacialy because of the DRM keys. Unrooting the phone is easy, you only have to repair phone software, since i still have my factory ROM. I already did it. Rooted, went back to stock and rooted again, the bootloader was never touched, thanks to the guys who created the Easy Root Tool.
The only way they could be 100% sure that you've rooted your device is sending it in rooted state or with unlocked bootloader.

Ways to retain warranty of the Z1

Root with locked bootloader (that was never unlocked) :

Flash any stock FTF, latest one preferably.

Unlocked bootloader:

If you want to retain warranty whilst having unlocked bootloader then you'll have to root your device and make a backup of your TA partition. If you want your warranty back:

Flash stock FTF root it - restore TA backup flash latest stock FTF again.

This way you can unlock the bootloader whilst keeping the warranty.

Unlocking the bootloader without doing a TA backup before = warranty lost forever. No other method of relocking it will get you back your warranty.

That's pretty much it.
My work on xda and things I'm proud of:

If you want me to reply then please quote my post or mention me by writing @olokos. This way you can be sure I'll reply.
Away on 2 weeks holidays where I barely get to use the internet there. Will be back past 02.09.2014

play3maniac
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by olokos View Post
The only way they could be 100% sure that you've rooted your device is sending it in rooted state or with unlocked bootloader.

Ways to retain warranty of the Z1

Root with locked bootloader (that was never unlocked) :

Flash any stock FTF, latest one preferably.

Unlocked bootloader:

If you want to retain warranty whilst having unlocked bootloader then you'll have to root your device and make a backup of your TA partition. If you want your warranty back:

Flash stock FTF root it - restore TA backup flash latest stock FTF again.

This way you can unlock the bootloader whilst keeping the warranty.

Unlocking the bootloader without doing a TA backup before = warranty lost forever. No other method of relocking it will get you back your warranty.

That's pretty much it.
Thanks for the help.

olokos
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1,184

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by play3maniac View Post
Thanks for the help.
You're welcome, also keep in mind that in some occasions it's better to press the thanks button instead of writing it. If you ask me, then I don't mind.
My work on xda and things I'm proud of:

If you want me to reply then please quote my post or mention me by writing @olokos. This way you can be sure I'll reply.
Away on 2 weeks holidays where I barely get to use the internet there. Will be back past 02.09.2014