kitkat update is just a junk... don't update.

OP amitsharma.atc

30th June 2014, 04:30 PM   |  #51  
Thanks Meter: 40

122 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by uyo_kun

How did you get the notification on the lockscreen?

Using DashClock with DaskNotifier extention.
The Following User Says Thank You to link6155 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st July 2014, 02:50 PM   |  #52  
Thanks Meter: 15

55 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitsharma.atc

update : floating n split keyboard is available but you hv to set it up manually through setting button on keyboard.... gesture control doesn't work...

why the hell are they updating the functions that are great making them crap?
9th July 2014, 10:32 PM   |  #53  
Thanks Meter: 76

269 posts
I don't mind the changes, my only issue with the update is lag. So lag that it's almost unusable.

What the f is Samsung doing? Restoring 4.1.2.
10th July 2014, 02:08 AM   |  #54  
Thanks Meter: 40

122 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikorasu

I don't mind the changes, my only issue with the update is lag. So lag that it's almost unusable.

What the f is Samsung doing? Restoring 4.1.2.

You're not the only one who's complaining about lag, however, I'm not getting any lag here. In fact, I think the performance has improved overall actually. The only time I get stutters is when I'm running in power saving mode.
10th July 2014, 02:31 AM   |  #55  
Thanks Meter: 76

269 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by link6155

You're not the only one who's complaining about lag, however, I'm not getting any lag here. In fact, I think the performance has improved overall actually. The only time I get stutters is when I'm running in power saving mode.

Thanks for the reply. It's normal that it's YMMV, but for some to get performance increase, while others getting lag is so strange. We have the same device!
28th July 2014, 06:11 AM   |  #56  
Thanks Meter: 1

18 posts
I just bought an N8013 from Bestbuy and was planning to keep it stock until the official KK update from Samsung.

Curiosity got the better of me and I installed Philz Touch with Odin and used the 4.1.2 for a couple of days while reading up on Omni ROM and Gnabo ROM.

Today, I decided to flash it to Gnabo V5.5 (4.4.2) and couldn't be happier with the result. The tablet really feels great with the update and the process of the update was very easy.

A couple of things are different from stock.

1. No haptic feedback with Sammy keyboard. Haven't figured that one out yet (yes looked at everything haptic related)

2. The 5GHz band didn't appear to be there at initially......however..... I discovered that the lower 5 GHz channels on my Tomato router (RT-N66U) worked fine when entered into the router manually. The 2 digit channels, such as 44 etc would work. However, the 3 digit channels would not. Auto channel on the router for 5GHz never worked and I assume it was picking a 3 digit channel. Once I set it to channel 44, the router saw the tablet and vise versa. No connectivity issues observed so far.

Other than that, Gnabo feels solid, and I like the layout just fine......if this was the last update for N8013, I could live with it no problem.
29th July 2014, 12:32 PM   |  #57  

16 posts
Im also very disapointed with the result of the kitkat official rom. I have the Australian version, flashed the UK kitkat update. My biggest quark with this release it the UI. It really looks unpolished, especially the notification section. The 4.1 version looked very polished and well designed. As for performance, i think there is a slight imcrease in UI smoothness.

The other downside I have, i was looking forward to using the hidden ART runtime. This rom doesn't include it in the developer options, i assume this is because touchwiz doesn't currently yet support the ART runtime.

I will wait for the australian rom to come out, if it's not much of a big difference, I will go CM11
29th August 2014, 03:45 PM   |  #58  

8 posts
Wink gnabo
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitsharma.atc

Hello friends

Many note 10.1 owners were waiting for kitkat update
Now its available...
But its a total junk
I would recommend pls don't update it
Its trim down many of its essential features for nothing

1. Lock screen is ugly now there is no option to reduce size of giant missed notifications,
app shortcuts is on right side only not in canter like before,
only right hand can be use to swipe unlock, swiping on left side can't unlock

2. S pen detach menu options has been gone... now there is no options when you pull out s pen... its a total shame Samsung

3. OS UI is just like phone not like tablet... there are only 3 soft buttons on bottom now just like nexus phone and upper part is just like mobile notification bar and also very tiny its very hard to use it like a tablet...

4. Air view in gallery is very tiny... don't know what the f**k they hv done to it...
Same problem also with video air preview and massages n emails app ... very tiny..

5. Almost All apps are same **** like before no update at all
only very few apps like calculator dealing app etc. are slightly changed

But worth update in my opinion....... NOOOOOOOOOOOO

And if you just want kitkat which is another junk from Google

I think jelly bean was also very stable n yes its work on tablet UI...

but now I hv 10.1 screen n hv to tap here n there just to operate this....

Thanks
Sorry for my bad English
N someone pls tell me how to revert back to jellybean official Indian firmware
Thanks

One more new problem I found today: keyboard has lost its gesture control to change keyboard's layouts
you hv to set it up manually...

update : no more floting windows option in multi windows just 2 fixed windows..... helllllllll

DUDE!!!
Install Gnabo Rom by Mikyno
It is soooo totally awesome u have gotta try it out
It has all the awesomenesss of kitkat and the spen features and infinite multiwindow popups

The Following User Says Thank You to Osama Abedin For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread