Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,457 Members 42,082 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Samsung tab 4 SM-T230 (Wifi only) stuck at "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue

Tip us?
 
samkitjain23
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Jun 2014
Exclamation [Q] Samsung tab 4 SM-T230 (Wifi only) stuck at "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue

I was try to root my Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 SM-T230NU (Wi-Fi only), but it got stuck at screen saying " Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again" .

I also used Kies for "Firmware Upgrade and initialization" after entering the model number and serial number, it takes me to next me next screen when I click on "Start upgrade" it download the firmware and then give a message "Cannot upgrade your device".

Please help to resolve this issue.
 
Trozzul
Old
#2  
Trozzul's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 193
Posts: 1,474
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Seattle

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by samkitjain23 View Post
I was try to root my Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 SM-T230NU (Wi-Fi only), but it got stuck at screen saying " Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again" .

I also used Kies for "Firmware Upgrade and initialization" after entering the model number and serial number, it takes me to next me next screen when I click on "Start upgrade" it download the firmware and then give a message "Cannot upgrade your device".

Please help to resolve this issue.
are you able to get into download mode? most likely will have to flash stock rom from there then.
"Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'
"How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
"You must be,' said the Cat, 'or you wouldn't have come here."

Motorola Moto X
Stock KitKat 4.4.4 XT1060
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Rom: Cyanogemod 11 (4.4.4) P5113

Asus Nexus 7
Stock (4.4.4) Broken Digitizer, any recommendations?
Both Stopped turning on for no reason
Nikon Coolpix s800c
Stock Gingerbread (2.3.3)
 
nismo87
Old
#3  
nismo87's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 17
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: guadalajara
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trozzul View Post
are you able to get into download mode? most likely will have to flash stock rom from there then.
i have the same proble since yesterday, but not, i cant enter in download mode because when i turn off the tablet and try to get download mode, turn on in the screen: firmware upgrade encountered an issue...... in the cases like cellphones, said that need to quit the battery, but in the tablets, how can i quit the battery??? at this moment is just turn on in the stuck screen to get die the battery and maybe, simulate like in the cellphones, quit the battery.

anybody else with the same problem?
 
jasso58
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Aug 2014
Default only in spanish sorry (use google translate for readme please) :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismo87 View Post
i have the same proble since yesterday, but not, i cant enter in download mode because when i turn off the tablet and try to get download mode, turn on in the screen: firmware upgrade encountered an issue...... in the cases like cellphones, said that need to quit the battery, but in the tablets, how can i quit the battery??? at this moment is just turn on in the stuck screen to get die the battery and maybe, simulate like in the cellphones, quit the battery.

anybody else with the same problem?
Para apagar la tablet necesitas hacer la combinacion de teclas de encendido(power) y(+) vol -... ya hay 2 versiones nuevas de firmware para esta tablet pero la mia esta rooteada y los sistemas con raiz(root) no pueden actualizarse por la misma tablet o kies3, intentare por odin ya que consegui las nuevas actualizaciones en otra pagina, no te deja actualizar porque si rooteaste con vroot solo que no cambiaste la aplicacion por superuser o superSU
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-08-29-12-36-33.png
Views:	8
Size:	126.7 KB
ID:	2917027  
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes