Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,851 Members 46,488 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][4.3+] Touchless Notifications Pro (Now on sale 40% OFF)

Tip us?

Waynehead69
Old
Thanks Meter 19
I would like to try this app, but the Play store says that my Galaxy Note 3 is incompatible. If I like it I will support and buy the paid version. I also asked to join the testers. Thanks

vgergo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 41
Default Re: Play Store

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynehead69 View Post
I would like to try this app, but the Play store says that my Galaxy Note 3 is incompatible. If I like it I will support and buy the paid version. I also asked to join the testers. Thanks
I marked all devices with Android version 4.3 and above (1005 different type of devices), there must be some mistake in the Play Store.
Are you using a custom rom?
Could you send the exact model of your phone? It can't be a geographical limitation, I have other customers from Missouri.

Can you see my other apps? https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...?id=DYNA+Logix
Either in play store on your phone or in your web browser?

Very curious
Samsung Galaxy Note III N9005 - stock MJ1 rooted Knox 0x0 (since dec 6)

Check out my apps:

►Ask your phone "Okay, Google, play What's up" Moto X style: Touchless Notifications Free speaks all your active notifications. ►Replace S Voice with Google Now: S for Switch Voice Free works with always listening voice wake-up "Hi Galaxy" too.
The Following User Says Thank You to vgergo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vgergo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 41
Default v2.0beta7

Today I sat to it and made a flow chart of the extended logic
Click image for larger version

Name:	events.png
Views:	40
Size:	144.0 KB
ID:	2885669
Then cleaned up and optimized the code ►►►► beta7

Check out my apps:

►Ask your phone "Okay, Google, play What's up" Moto X style: Touchless Notifications Free speaks all your active notifications. ►Replace S Voice with Google Now: S for Switch Voice Free works with always listening voice wake-up "Hi Galaxy" too.
The Following User Says Thank You to vgergo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vgergo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 41
Default Major new version 2.00 in production

+full screen gesture: down swipe = pause + option buttons (mutes voice when buttons already shown)
+full screen gesture: up swipe = dismisses notification (clears it from the notification bar)
+button on full screen: reply = voice input answer (for messaging notifications)
+menu item: "Select messaging apps" = mark apps with reply capability
+menu item: "Auto show reply button" = automatically show buttons for messaging notifications
+menu item: "Voice prompt after messages" = voice prompt to reply for messaging notifications
+menu item: "Messaging apps use 2nd language" = inhibit identifier based language check for messaging notifications (for languages with English characters)
+menu item: "Prompt to unmute" = show unmute button on full screen if volume muted
+intent command button:0/i/s/2 = auto show buttons for messaging notifications
+intent command prompt:0/i/s/2 = voice prompt to reply for messaging notifications
+intent command show:0/i/s/2/w (to control fullscreen notifications)
+colorful tour wizard for first time users
+notification listener crash recovery (after Play Store update and otherwise if something goes wrong, no need to reboot to get it back)
+0-20sec delay for app notification sounds before single announcements (it will now mute the music only before it starts to talk - only when displaying the full screen notification.)
+"hot" messaging app status: 5min special treatment for app which you replied to
+foldable menu groups (with preview icons!) in advanced view => hopefully easier to navigate
+new quick action toggle in the persistent notification of the app (we used to have a "Settings" button in the center position, but it just had the same effect as tapping the notification itself) More info on this at http://notifications.dataglobe.eu/in...l#notification
~look of settings menu: sections headings are more emphasized, margins reduced to show more
~menu item: "Select secondary language" (choose locale from list of available locales instead of typing their codes)
~menu icons: Active voice commmands, Black list, Say each once, Identifier characters, Email dev
~menu text: Device andministrator, Secondary langauge, Enable swipe gestures
~full screen help drawing: to include new gestures
~default setting: Full screen notifications = "Always display + wake phone"
~default setting: Automatic summary = (wired + bluetooth) + car dock + desk dock
~default setting: Amount of detail shown = Expanded content shortened
~default setting: Pre-announcement delay = Wake to show notification
~menu category headings slightly changed wording: "WHEN to start the read-out", "WHAT to include in the read-out", "HOW to read them out", "VOICE I/O (Messaging & Language)"
~TTS engine and speech rate moved from "HOW" to "VOICE I/O"
~Device administrator setting moved from top of the advanced menu to the very bottom in the "FEEDBACK" section
(logic: most of my feedback is from infuriated people who can't uninstall the app, maybe here they will notice the reminder)
~Some menu items changed wording: "Start summary when connected to"
~New option under "Immediate read-out": "Always + show always"
~Notifications will wake the device if either the pre-announcement delay is set to "wake" OR the full-screen notifications are set to wake device (it used to be AND condition)
~the "car" intent (tasker) command now handles all 4 options: n/h/a/f
*handle exception for non-bitmapDrawable icons
*strange "Page Buddy" notification fixed (and similar others)
*summary sort order didn't work, nobody noticed
*proximity sensor turned off on user interaction
*queued single announcements when they wake up the screen
*if auto voice prompt was enabled (pulling down and) pressing the mic button prompted to send empty message
*notification listener watchdog improved
*switching between basic/advanced mode used to start a new instance of application, fixed (and this lead to...)
- notification listener menu item removed (the app automatically prompts you to access it) This was the first removal in the life of the app

Name:  store.JPG
Views: 76
Size:  143.5 KB

Check out my apps:

vgergo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 41
Default New video for v2.0 demonstrating Reply by Voice

Check out my apps:

mephala124
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Thanks, looks cool.

Waynehead69
Old
Thanks Meter 19
I got it to work. It's pretty damn good!

vgergo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 41
Default Beta 2.01 submitted to the Play Store

What's new:
+if full screen display and shake to mute were both turned off, there was no way to cancel a readout.
→ Now you can, by starting the summary again (by using launcher icon or notification quick action)
→ also the "Test Now" button restarts it with full-screen display, then you can use the back key to cancel
+broadcast intent is sent when woken from sleep (receive with Tasker IntentReceive event (action="hu.viczian.notifications.woke") details below

Bug fixes:
*"the"→"to" (on slide 7 of tour wizard)
~changed the wording on the "Notification Access stopped responding" → reboot if toggle doesn't help
*voice reply should not start when user returns from launched app - fixed
+(special feature if 2nd language = hungarian) text messages are always shown full screen even with screen on
+added "Your device" to blacklist by default (thanks David Samual)
*no summary on charger connection if external audio is connected
*no proximity screen off when on power / speak only
~wave to mute when on charger
*detect bluetooth headset and power connection on initial app run (or after reboot) → will even start summary

"Woke" intent broadcast
As a new feature, TN will now broadcast a "woke to announce" intent to the Android system, to notify any app interested to know the phone was woken up by TN to announce an incoming notification. I attach the screenshot how you can catch this broadcast from Tasker in case you would like to do some special processing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	intent received.png
Views:	14
Size:	139.0 KB
ID:	2905418

Check out my apps:

vgergo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 41
Default Labor Day weekend sale

Touchless Notification Pro $2.49 $1.49 (1.79 1.05)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ifications.pro
Get it now while it lasts!

Check out my apps: