Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

[Q] ViperOne M8 won't boot

OP jlaprevote

30th May 2014, 05:27 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
I've got the Sprint HTC One M8. Bootloader unlocked, rooted, S-off, CWM recovery.

I'm trying to flash ViperOne M8 and done just about everything I can think of but without any luck. It completes install, but upon reboot, it boots back to the bootloader. At that point, I'm able to get into recovery but can't boot into ROM.

I've been trying ViperOne 1.6.0, and currently downloading an older version to see if that'll work.

I tried Android Revolution HD and InsertCoin. Both worked fine, so I know I'm able to flash custom ROMs just fine, but not ViperOne. Any ideas?
30th May 2014, 06:07 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

27 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlaprevote

I've got the Sprint HTC One M8. Bootloader unlocked, rooted, S-off, CWM recovery.

I'm trying to flash ViperOne M8 and done just about everything I can think of but without any luck. It completes install, but upon reboot, it boots back to the bootloader. At that point, I'm able to get into recovery but can't boot into ROM.

I've been trying ViperOne 1.6.0, and currently downloading an older version to see if that'll work.

I tried Android Revolution HD and InsertCoin. Both worked fine, so I know I'm able to flash custom ROMs just fine, but not ViperOne. Any ideas?

I was having problems with some ROMs as well and I was able to fix it by doing an "advanced wipe" in TWRP and wiping the cache, dalvik, data and system. The default wipe in TWRP does not wipe system.

Not sure if CWM does this or if you have similar options, but you might want to make sure you wipe system.
30th May 2014, 06:14 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chobungus

I was having problems with some ROMs as well and I was able to fix it by doing an "advanced wipe" in TWRP and wiping the cache, dalvik, data and system. The default wipe in TWRP does not wipe system.

Not sure if CWM does this or if you have similar options, but you might want to make sure you wipe system.

Yeah, I've tried wiping everything multiple ways. I actually tried to switch recovery from CWM to TWRP so I could do their advanced wipe, but it wouldn't work.

I attempted to change to TWRP using fastboot (adding TWRP to fastboot folder, and using the "fastboot flash recovery" command), but when I did that, nothing happened. Command prompt went to the next line without any confirmation or error.
30th May 2014, 06:33 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1

27 posts
Quote:

Yeah, I've tried wiping everything multiple ways. I actually tried to switch recovery from CWM to TWRP so I could do their advanced wipe, but it wouldn't work.

I attempted to change to TWRP using fastboot (adding TWRP to fastboot folder, and using the "fastboot flash recovery" command), but when I did that, nothing happened. Command prompt went to the next line without any confirmation or error.

Hmm that's odd. Did you try using adb sideload? If that doesn't work I guess I would redownload the ROM (or maybe an older version), make sure to verify the md5, and try installing again.

Sorry I can't be of much help! Good luck!
Last edited by chobungus; 30th May 2014 at 06:38 PM.
30th May 2014, 09:03 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Update: Resolved!

Tried previous versions of ViperOne with no luck.

Tried to flash TWRP again and I was able to do so just fine. Flashing with TWRP successfully installed ViperOne! Very happy with it.
14th June 2014, 06:11 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 50

279 posts
Hmm... I have the Sprint M8 H/K edition and having the same problem ??

Using TWRP and did advanced wipe (cache, dalvik, data and system)

Also tried flashing both "stock" version and "viper" version in the aroma options and still same thing... goes through the flash process and then just boots into HBOOT???

I downloaded twice and also checked the md5 so that's not the issue
15th June 2014, 02:08 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 50

279 posts
Quote:

Tried to flash TWRP again and I was able to do so just fine. Flashing with TWRP successfully installed ViperOne! Very happy with it.

Which version of TWRP did you use to resolve your issue?

Thanks!
29th August 2014, 08:26 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 70

351 posts
More
Please help!
Quote:

Can you explain again what you did?

I'm trying to restore a TWRP backup that included ViperOne M8, but it just gets stuck in boot (never see desktop). It doesn't reset to HBOOT, but again, just stays on boot screen forever. Both ViperOne M8 TWRP backups I have don't work, but when I flash a pre-ViperOne M8 backup, it works. But now I'm back to like a month ago. I don't understand why my ViperOne M8 backups don't work, but the pre-VM8 one does.

Please help, if you can!

Thank You,

RockStar2005
30th August 2014, 12:59 AM   |  #9  
Flag Outside of Chicago
Thanks Meter: 3,655

8,951 posts
Donate to Me
More
does your current firmware match the firmware on the nandroid backup you are trying to restore?

remember, If you upgraded your firmware to 4.4.3, and you are restoring a nand that was made with 4.4.2 firmware, you could have issues
30th August 2014, 02:08 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 70

351 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711

does your current firmware match the firmware on the nandroid backup you are trying to restore?

remember, If you upgraded your firmware to 4.4.3, and you are restoring a nand that was made with 4.4.2 firmware, you could have issues

It turns out the version I had of TWRP was corrupted. I'm going to delete it. So I guess I'm good now.

Thank You,

RockStar2005

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread