Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,420 Members 37,501 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Permanent SIM Unlock for LS980 (OTA, APN) JB 4.2.2, KK 4.4.2

Tip us?

carlosirai
Old
Thanks Meter 19

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanlopera View Post
Hi everybody... im writing from Colombia (south America), really i don't know what im making wrong with this method...since march i bought three (3) ls980 for me and my family, i follow all procedure (two come with ZVC update and take sim unlock with no frills, another one comes with jellybean and also no issues) with it and no complains, take colombian sim cards (claro and movistar carriers) with no clue... 20 days ago bought from ebay one more for my girl... arrive past wednesday and start to make the procedure like the anothers... no way.. this is the information from the phone since i receive to this moment:

- Phone new in box, when opened comes with android 4.2 JB
- Root with ioroot like normal...
- follow the OP procedure to replace files with the phone correct permisions: (carrier, apnconfig, , databases, etc) following exact OP indications, not issues...
- restart, power off phone, put girl sim card... no signal ... try my own sim card (currrently used with my own ls980), my brother card (with lte support and used together with another LS980)... nothing, by the way, she laught upon me ,
- update to ZVC via OTA, waiting to restart, root with ioroot, follow procedures, rebbot, put sim card: nothing.
- Downgrade to 4.2.2 with ls980 .TOT and lgflashtool, root with iorrot, follow OP procedures: nothing.
- update again to ZVC (4.4.2) via lgflastool and ls980 .TOT, root, follow OP procedures, nothing.
- Flash again ZVC, root, follow OP indications plus rename OMADM.apk to OMADM.apk.bak like found in the tread: nothing
- Flash Again ZVC, root, follow op indications plus change the build.prop line frm SFR to OPEN,
- Flash again ZVC (previously rename the build.prop line to avoid a bad moent with a brick), root, install autorec, install Cloudy G3 1.3 version (last), put sim card: nothing..
- also after flash twrp and cloudy rom, cannot back to stock vith LGflash tool, wont start to flash, stay in ready w/o anny information....

right now im tired trying to make this phone catch signal, the only simptoms that i see i´m making something wrong are:

when i put my own (and others) sim card, the simtoolkit appear in menu (showing doesn't have hardware failure).
A cycling orb appear sppining next to signal bars, and wont stop...
In Mobile networks, whan i pick "search networks", i could see my city networks (Claro, movistar and tigo), when try to pick one to manually register, phone says: "your sim card not allow connection with this network" or something like this...

Any help it's really aprecciated, sincerelly read the entire post and make changes carefully and nothing... this won't took a lot of time by my experience with the anothers LS980 (that works 110%), but this one really drive my nuts...

Greetings from Colombia, and sorry my bad english

El imei te aparece the forma correcta?

juanlopera
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Unhappy ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosirai View Post
El imei te aparece the forma correcta?
English: well i think, appear 15 digit IMEI code starting at 99000 like my family phones (also ls980), any way to verify in diferent way that tapping about phone and dialing *#06#?... thx friend for reply, i hope anything, also stuck in cloud G3

Español: yo creo, salen los 15 digitos como un IMEI normal, empezando por 99000 como los otros, existe otra manera de consultarlo aparte de la opcion "acerca del telefono" y la secuencia en el dialer *#06#?... gracias amigo por contestar, cualquier cosa me serviria, fuera de eso no puedo flashear el .TOT de la stock, y no puedo cambiar la custom de G3

carlosirai
Old
Thanks Meter 19

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanlopera View Post
English: well i think, appear 15 digit IMEI code starting at 99000 like my family phones (also ls980), any way to verify in diferent way that tapping about phone and dialing *#06#?... thx friend for reply, i hope anything, also stuck in cloud G3

Español: yo creo, salen los 15 digitos como un IMEI normal, empezando por 99000 como los otros, existe otra manera de consultarlo aparte de la opcion "acerca del telefono" y la secuencia en el dialer *#06#?... gracias amigo por contestar, cualquier cosa me serviria, fuera de eso no puedo flashear el .TOT de la stock, y no puedo cambiar la custom de G3

Lets talk vía email in spanish

seguimientomerida@gmail.com

zubairshah
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up LS980ZVD Unlock?

Hi everyone.

LS980ZVD can be unlocked through this method. And if yes, then can anybody tell me

1- Whats the best Root software for LS980ZVD
2- What is the working Root explorer for windows for above mentioned device.
3- Any change in the procedure?

Thanks in Advance.

zubairshah
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysabxe View Post
All versions work
Hi, Does it work for ZVD.
Also, When i flash back to Stock ZVA, tap on stops working, But Tap off works fine.

ChrisFSU
Old
Thanks Meter 40
I've done everything in the first post. I think I'm unlocked. If I download a SIM card program from the Play store, it shows that my phone number and everything is on the sim, so it's reading it just fine.

Does this not work on ZVD? If I goto setting, 'Mobile networks' is grayed out. I can't change anything there nor can I change my APN.

Lussardi
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFSU View Post
I've done everything in the first post. I think I'm unlocked. If I download a SIM card program from the Play store, it shows that my phone number and everything is on the sim, so it's reading it just fine.

Does this not work on ZVD? If I goto setting, 'Mobile networks' is grayed out. I can't change anything there nor can I change my APN.

Flash back to stock ZVC and try again

zubairshah
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default ZVD GSM Unlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp_Ark View Post
i first unlocked on ZVC then tried some aosp based without success then messed up while trying to make aosp work with gsm in my country so i flashed back with lg tool to zvc and without unlocking i updated to zvd. rooted with an apk application and not with iroot and before i flashed again cloudify g3 port which is great and has working gsm out of the box, i tried this unlock method on zvd with success. I think though you have to be on stock to avoid any issues updating to zvd. For sure if you dont restore your uninstalled or frozen stock apps you ll brick. I dont know if you have to restore the carrier folder as well. Just to be sure flash stock again or just try a cloudify rom...

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
Dear..
I am on stock ZVD through OTA. Can you guide the way for unlcok with proper Root file explorer tool (PC) and tell me which files to copy to which folder. Looking for you kind response.

WellTrainedVC
Old
Thanks Meter 43
I am terrible at keeping things straight forward and to the point. So hang in there with me if I get long-winded please.

In the biggest bit of irony I am writing this post from an LS980 (Sprint) branded LG G2 that is being identified as a D801 (T-Mobile), and running on AT&T Go Network!

I was tirelessly working to make this Sprint blacklisted phone function on T-Mob, but had very few victories prior to inserting an active AT&T Go SIM card.

I am working on writing a better summary of the steps I took to get to this point. A summary which will include the threads I followed (like this one that I'm posting to now), the ROM(s) I have flashed, and the almost near death experience the phone had.

Suffice to say, I'm happy that I have a functional G2 thanks to the many including the OP of this thread/tutorial as well as the experience of others throughout the many threads I've read through.

I would like to add my 2 bits if I may... I mentioned a near death experience earlier. The best way anybody can avoid a brick is to read, read, read, read, read and then find some old and cheap devices to practice/experiment on prior to lighting $500+ on fire!

Again, I'm working on an actual informative reply. I just wanted to state that I have a Sprint branded LG G2 functioning on AT&T Go Network.