Nova Launcher Update Brings Lollipop Functionality and Feel

One of the most popular third party launcher on Android, Nova Launcher, has just … more

Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

RBC Royal Bank of Canada - NFC working on root. post 24!

OP TRusselo

5th February 2014, 04:18 PM   |  #31  
OP Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag Edmonton
Thanks Meter: 2,774

4,682 posts
Donate to Me
More
What's secure settings?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
5th February 2014, 04:21 PM   |  #32  
Thanks Meter: 1

26 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRusselo

What's secure settings?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

it's a plugin you need with Tasker, it enables some settings.
6th March 2014, 03:22 PM   |  #33  
Thanks Meter: 1

26 posts
Just an update, I needed busybox because of secure settings to work properly and now RBC detects my rooted phone
21st March 2014, 05:24 PM   |  #34  
Flag Fort McMurray
Thanks Meter: 51

196 posts
More
hey guys, I got some good news! I was able to get Wallet working on a custom rom while it was already rooted.

What I'm running : Maple Leaf by IB4StiD / Baseband NC1 with old bootloader.

steps in TRusselo's OP... pickup a Bell NFC SIM and fill out the form to submit to RBC http://www.rbcroyalbank.com/mobile/wallet/nfc-update/

approx 12 hours later I used RootCloak and added the RBC Mobile app to the Rootcloak list, uninstalled the RBC app and re-installed RBC. now I have the option for wallet! in addition I added my cards without issue.

Thanks OP!
1st May 2014, 11:58 PM   |  #35  
Flag Newmarket
Thanks Meter: 35

393 posts
More
I really wish this app wasnt limited to devices. But we are releasing bell wallet app soon, so hopefully just installing that will replace the phone type requirement, as long as its a phone on bell.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk
2nd May 2014, 05:25 AM   |  #36  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Would like to add, as bell/RBC opened this up to 4 new phones.

I have a note 3 and picked up an NFC Sim today. Changed it over and reinstalled the app..no lock, talked to RBC for an hour before he asked me if I was rooted...damn. RBC isn't allowing mobile wallet to be used on rooted devices (we knew this already). Installed root cloak, added RBC mobile app, and the wallet button popped up immediately. No unrooting and rerooting.

I learned from the RBC rep you do NOT need to fill out the form to have the update pushed. This was only in the early stages of mobile wallet development. If your device is set up properly the mobile app will update the wallet function itself
30th August 2014, 09:17 AM   |  #37  
Thanks Meter: 2

34 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRusselo

ok... here is my long over-due post...

I have gotten it working! read on...

What does not/has not worked:

Google Edition Roms (tests in no specific order)
- rooted rom / manually un-rooted via SuperSu app No-go
- root hidden by Hide My Root app, and RootCloak xposed module. No-go
- ran logcat, found RBC app looking for " org.simalliance.openmobileapi.jar ", copied 2 files (attached below) from stock rom to this rom. No-go

Stock 4.3 BELL Touchwiz (Specific trial instructions)
From Stock un-rooted 4.3 MK6, odin flashed official tar from http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/
1. Odin flashed Chainfire's CF Auto-Root
2. Odin flashed TWRP recovery
3. used TWRP to install Phil'z touch recovery
4. boot into rom, install RBC
NO NFC OPTIONS

What did work:
Stock 4.3 BELL Touchwiz (Specific trial instructions -minus many backup steps)
From Stock un-rooted 4.3 MK6, odin flashed official tar from http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/
1. Boot phone, setup. installed apps, RBC app
2. NFC OPTIONS!!!! Setup RBC cards in-app
3. Odin flashed TWRP recovery, then used TWRP to install Phil'z touch recovery. (NFC still exists!!!)
4. Boot into Phil'z recovery > reboot phone > "Message: your phone is not rooted! Do you want to root the phone?" Answer: "YES". (NFC still exists!!!)
5. Installed ktoonsez tmo TW 4.3 kernel through recovery. reboot. edited build.prop line 'ro.securestorage.support' from "true" to "false" (to fix wifi with this kernel on pure stock roms) (NFC still exists!!!)
6. Installed Xposed Framework. (NFC still exists!!!)
7. Installed Nottach Xposed module (enable settings couple at a time, a couple settings dont work with 4.3 TW and stop all settings from applying, if you turn on 60 settings, none will work because of 1 bad setting). And installed XuiMod xposed module
8. Enjoy RBC NFC on rooted modified rom!

I have also used titanium backup to remove some samsung and bell bloat. BE CAREFUL. MAKE BACKUPS. removing some bloat could break rom or RBC NFC functionality!!!

After step 4 I lose the wallet in RBC app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
nfc, rbc, sim
Previous Thread Next Thread