FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

[Q] [Venom ViperXL 4.2.0] Incoming call screen turn off

21 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By pallbearer911, Junior Member on 11th June 2014, 11:57 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi,

I have ViperXL 4.2 installed on my HTC One XL.

The problem I have is that when a call comes, the incoming call screen cannot be turned off without rejecting the call. i.e. I want to be able to turn off and lock the screen and let the call ring out instead of hanging up. Pressing the power button when the call comes only rejects the call (Even though "Power button ends call" setting has been disabled) Pressing volume buttons either stops the ringing or stops vibrating.

I don't want to install 3rd party Caller ID/dialer apps since it ruins the whole Sense experience. I infact tried installing some dialer apps and they didn't work.

Please help me how I can solve this the best way.

12th June 2014, 11:06 AM |#2  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 301

More
I would just reflash

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
12th June 2014, 11:58 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marknoll

I would just reflash

What I'm describing is the default behaviour of Sense based ROMs. So, re-flashing wouldn't help I think.
The Following User Says Thank You to pallbearer911 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th June 2014, 12:15 PM |#4  
Forum Moderator
Knocking on your door
Thanks Meter: 11,186

Donate to Me
More
If it is indeed the default behavior, there isn't really a great deal you can do. It's hard-coded into the ROM when it leaves HTC.

Sent from my Evita
The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th August 2014, 09:56 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
[BUMP] Any solution on the new Liberty Sense6 ROM?
Hi,

Just bumping up the thread to see if there are any solutions in the new Sense 6 ROM that has surfaced?
Also, I'm very surprised how other people on this forum don't seem to be concerned with this. Don't you guys ever need to ignore a call without disconnecting?

Hoping I can find a solution.
30th August 2014, 10:56 AM |#6  
Flag South Grafton
Thanks Meter: 1,565

Donate to Me
More
Sense 6 is a work in progress. Honestly, just wait for more Sense 6 ROMs to come with more developers and they'll have it fixed soon

Sense 6 was never meant to be on this device, thus the WiFi issue is not as big as you might think
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread