Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,319 Members 53,158 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Install TWRP

Tip us?

stereoactivo
Old
(Last edited by stereoactivo; 30th June 2014 at 03:11 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Install TWRP

Hi, I'm currently on ICS, (rooted + Rogue XM recoveryt 1.3.0) and I want to know how I can install TWRP.

Thanks
Device History:
Nokia 6225 [stolen] - Nokia 6225 - Nokia 1108 - Nokia 3500 Classic - Samsung Galaxy Spica [CM6] - Motorola Droid 2 Global [CM7] - Motorola Droid 3 [Dead] - Motorola Razr [Dead] - Motorola Razr [Stock]

Current Devices:
Nexus 5 [Stock]
Asus EEE Pad Slider - [Android Revolution HD]
iPad 2 - [iCyanogenMod 5.1]

wn1ytw
Old
(Last edited by wn1ytw; 30th June 2014 at 06:11 PM.)
Thanks Meter 27
get goo manager at google play ... ooops, no longer under development. Try this https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...pmanager&hl=en

EDIT or try from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2434422

Quote:
Originally Posted by stereoactivo View Post
Hi, I'm currently on ICS, (rooted + Rogue XM recoveryt 1.3.0) and I want to know how I can install TWRP.

Thanks
iMac 21.5" 2011 12GB OSX 10.9.5, Asus V5-131 8GB Win7, Asus 1015E 2GB Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
TF101 32GB JB 4.4 KatKiss-KitKat 34 KatApp 1.5.3 LMT 2.1 TWRP 2.7.1.5 Recovery

grofweg
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by wn1ytw View Post
get goo manager at google play ... ooops, no longer under development. Try this https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...pmanager&hl=en

EDIT or try from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2434422
That is the easiest way if you already are rooted. Just download the zip from sidneyk' s thread and install it via Roque.

jamie57
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by grofweg View Post
That is the easiest way if you already are rooted. Just download the zip from sidneyk' s thread and install it via Roque.
I'm rooted and running KatKiss but I'm also stuck with ClockworkMod Recovery v5.8.3.4 and nothing I do will let me change my recovery to TWRP any version official or not.
Any help out there.
I'm able to follow most directions well.

barkeater
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie57 View Post
I'm rooted and running KatKiss but I'm also stuck with ClockworkMod Recovery v5.8.3.4 and nothing I do will let me change my recovery to TWRP any version official or not.
Any help out there.
I'm able to follow most directions well.
easiest way to install TWRP is to use EasyFlasher. See instructions here: http://www.transformerforums.com/for...rom-tf101.html

jamie57
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Actually got it to work myself. Apparently the CWM gets stuck in a boot loop and a little script (I found)in the terminal emulator fixes it right up. it then allowed me to replace it with the latest TWRP recovery and everything is working great.
Now have KatKiss 4.4.4 on my TF101 and it's perfect. The GPS is now working better then ever too!. Just wish I could put a SIM card in it and I'd be all set.

barkeater
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie57 View Post
Actually got it to work myself. Apparently the CWM gets stuck in a boot loop and a little script (I found)in the terminal emulator fixes it right up. it then allowed me to replace it with the latest TWRP recovery and everything is working great.
Now have KatKiss 4.4.4 on my TF101 and it's perfect. The GPS is now working better then ever too!. Just wish I could put a SIM card in it and I'd be all set.
Congrats. What card are you using (make/model) and how is it formatted? Needs to be FAT32 if I'm not mistaken

jamie57
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by barkeater View Post
Congrats. What card are you using (make/model) and how is it formatted? Needs to be FAT32 if I'm not mistaken
For the Sim card? That's the card to get cellular service on your phone or tablet if it's equipped. They had a TF301tg but it's locked to AT&T and I haven't heard of any being successfully unlocked yet.
As for memory cards I have a 16GB in the tablet and another 16GB in the keyboard. Both are so generic I don't recall who made them. and they worked right out of the box so I never formatted them.

Android L Will Have Data Encryption Turned On by Default

Android L, once it is eventually released, will featuredata encryption turned on by … more

Lock Apps and Functions Easily with Droid Protector

Access and security are some of the key issues facingmobile technology. Whether … more

ARChon Lets You Run Android Apps in Google Chrome Browser

Not too long ago, Google added the ability torun select Android applications on … more

Flyme OS Finds Its Way to the Google Nexus 5

Flyme OS is a heavily modified Android variantdeveloped by the Meizu team for their MX … more