Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,512 Members 42,236 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

LG G3 vs Sony Xperia Z2 Camera

Tip us?

flintston314
Old
(Last edited by flintston314; 30th August 2014 at 01:03 PM.)
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batfink33 View Post
Poor colour reproduction on the Z2? Do you actually own one?
Now tell me, how should one picture alone show anything? Did you compare this picture with pictures taken with other cameras? No? Then pls donīt write nonsense. Holy crap, I could post a black and white image and tell you that this is how it looked that day and you couldnīt proof me wrong on a single shot.

Take a look at the reviews around and you will notice how bad the color reproduction of the Z1 (I never said anything about the Z2 - but the sensor is the same). Colors are not accurate, brightness is too high and it lacks saturation. As long as you canīt shoot in raw you are limited by the way Sony implemented the Camera. They did the same on the Z and the Z1, although the Z also lacked a decent camera.
I owned a Z1 and the cameras are the same, they take decent pictures and if you can live withe colors, the rather bad low light pictures and the slow focus, fine, live with it. Be happy and go your way.
I canīt and that is all I said!

GoyoNeuff
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks all for the comments.

I have seen Z2 moving object pictures that really looked good. I have seen also G2 pictures really awesome and apparently the G3 is better than the G2.

I need the best I can get to capture moments with my kids: moving, low light... Almost all the time that kind of pictures. I am really thinking to get the Nokia 808 but old Symbian is really putting me away...

The original HTC One really let me down... I had good expectations but is a big disappointment...

For what I can see out there, Z2, G3 or the iPhone 6 if it brings a good camera are my options.

Is not the next Android L going to bring RAW?

Cheers.