Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,554 Members 36,215 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
Announcement from Alberto96: New 20140828 Build is Up!

[GearCM][i9500][Q&A][Discussion] Optimized CyanogenMod 11

Tip us?

Trueray
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanchrome View Post
Known issue. Disable HW overlays for fixing the color and reduce graphics to low. It's playable with those settings.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Free mobile app

Actually it is not playable at those settings. Been testing this out for weeks.

rohanchrome
Old
Thanks Meter 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trueray View Post
Actually it is not playable at those settings. Been testing this out for weeks.
I know. I haven't played asphalt for quite sometime now. The overall feel is way smoother. But when it comes to gaming tw ROMs perform better :/

Trueray
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanchrome View Post
I know. I haven't played asphalt for quite sometime now. The overall feel is way smoother. But when it comes to gaming tw ROMs perform better :/

Turns out that it is GearCm that is causing the lag and drop in frames when it comes to high graphical games. On Stock CM gaming works equivalent to TW. Just Switch to Stock CM and asphalt and all the high end games run flawlessly.

What ever alberto did to try to improve the smoothness of the overall OS affects gaming in a negative way. Just haven't figured out what changes in GearCM is causing this.

rohanchrome
Old
Thanks Meter 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trueray View Post
Turns out that it is GearCm that is causing the lag and drop in frames when it comes to high graphical games. On Stock CM gaming works equivalent to TW. Just Switch to Stock CM and asphalt and all the high end games run flawlessly.

What ever alberto did to try to improve the smoothness of the overall OS affects gaming in a negative way. Just haven't figured out what changes in GearCM is causing this.
True. I just flashed CM 11. It's way smoother ( asphalt ).
Although it has the annoying in call ui bug.. How do you disable the s view thing? It keeps flashing. :/

Alberto96
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 6,278

DONATE TO ME
I'll check what causes so many problems with gaming.
3 Basic Phones --> Nokia 6680 (Chassis and Vibrator KO) --> I-Mate Jama (Bricked and Trashed) --> Nokia 6120 (Chassis KO) --> I-Mate Ultimate 9502 (is back :P) --> Samsung Galaxy S I9000 (best dev machine, now gave it to my father) --> Samsung C5510 (SOS) --> Huawei U8160/Vodafone Smart (no GPU no Party) --> Alcatel V860/Vodafone Smart II (Stupid Battery ) --> Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570i --> Samsung Galaxy S4 Exynos --> Huawei Y300 (MUM)

Check here to see all my current and old works

Don't forget to thank me if i helped you, and if you want/can, donate me
The Following User Says Thank You to Alberto96 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
alberto96, answers, discussion, questions, unofficial