Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,519 Members 39,017 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[COMMIT] [AOSP] JustArchi's ArchiDroid Optimizations - Increases performance up to 6x

Tip us?

RMarkwald
Old
Thanks Meter 233

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by david makarove View Post
i already add that flags
But if i add that flags
So no need for archi commit ?

Sent from my C2105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I didn't add any of JustArchi's commits to my LiquidSmooth repo, and build using the -d -o3 flags for my Moto X just fine. I'm not 100% sure if the entire ROM is compiled against SaberMod's toolchain or just the kernel, but it runs great using those two flags. I usually build using this:

./build-liquid.sh -c3 -d -p -o3 moto_msm8960dt

david makarove
Old
Thanks Meter 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMarkwald View Post
I didn't add any of JustArchi's commits to my LiquidSmooth repo, and build using the -d -o3 flags for my Moto X just fine. I'm not 100% sure if the entire ROM is compiled against SaberMod's toolchain or just the kernel, but it runs great using those two flags. I usually build using this:

./build-liquid.sh -c3 -d -p -o3 moto_msm8960dt
yup me too use same flags already
And my ROM is now one of fastest kk roms for xperia l
and yes it use sabermod 4.8 to compile the ROM and sabermod 4.7 to compile the kernel
Thanks !!

Sent from my C2105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Devices i support now :

Xperia z2 , Xperia L
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to david makarove For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

marcomarinho
Old
(Last edited by marcomarinho; 27th August 2014 at 09:51 PM.) Reason: Probably fixed
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,155

DONATE TO ME

Code:
target SharedLib: libm (/home/marinho/euclidean/out/target/product/grouper/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libm_intermediates/LINKED/libm.so)
Copy: /home/marinho/euclidean/out/target/product/grouper/system/lib/libc.so
/home/marinho/euclidean/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.8/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: error: /home/marinho/euclidean/out/target/product/grouper/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libm_intermediates/libm.a(s_cos.o): multiple definition of 'cos'
/home/marinho/euclidean/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.8/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: /home/marinho/euclidean/out/target/product/grouper/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libm_intermediates/libm.a(s_cos.o): previous definition here
/home/marinho/euclidean/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.8/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: error: /home/marinho/euclidean/out/target/product/grouper/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libm_intermediates/libm.a(s_sin.o): multiple definition of 'sin'
/home/marinho/euclidean/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.8/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: /home/marinho/euclidean/out/target/product/grouper/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libm_intermediates/libm.a(s_sin.o): previous definition here
/home/marinho/euclidean/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.8/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: error: /home/marinho/euclidean/out/target/product/grouper/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libm_intermediates/libm.a(e_sqrtf.o): multiple definition of 'sqrtf'
/home/marinho/euclidean/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.8/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: /home/marinho/euclidean/out/target/product/grouper/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libm_intermediates/libm.a(e_sqrtf.o): previous definition here
/home/marinho/euclidean/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.8/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: error: /home/marinho/euclidean/out/target/product/grouper/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libm_intermediates/libm.a(e_sqrt.o): multiple definition of 'sqrt'
/home/marinho/euclidean/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.8/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: /home/marinho/euclidean/out/target/product/grouper/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libm_intermediates/libm.a(e_sqrt.o): previous definition here
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
build/core/shared_library.mk:81: recipe for target '/home/marinho/euclidean/out/target/product/grouper/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libm_intermediates/LINKED/libm.so' failed
make: *** [/home/marinho/euclidean/out/target/product/grouper/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libm_intermediates/LINKED/libm.so] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

Total time elapsed: 116 minutes (6967.715944566 seconds)

I think I found the solution, let's see
Someone told me that who has big dreams, the fall is great.. But they forgot to ask me If I was afraid of falling

desalesouche
Old
Thanks Meter 1,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcomarinho View Post

Code:
target SharedLib: libm (/home/marinho/euclidean/out/target/product/grouper/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libm_intermediates/LINKED/libm.so)
Copy: /home/marinho/euclidean/out/target/product/grouper/system/lib/libc.so
/home/marinho/euclidean/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.8/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: error: /home/marinho/euclidean/out/target/product/grouper/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libm_intermediates/libm.a(s_cos.o): multiple definition of 'cos'
/home/marinho/euclidean/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.8/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: /home/marinho/euclidean/out/target/product/grouper/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libm_intermediates/libm.a(s_cos.o): previous definition here
/home/marinho/euclidean/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.8/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: error: /home/marinho/euclidean/out/target/product/grouper/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libm_intermediates/libm.a(s_sin.o): multiple definition of 'sin'
/home/marinho/euclidean/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.8/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: /home/marinho/euclidean/out/target/product/grouper/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libm_intermediates/libm.a(s_sin.o): previous definition here
/home/marinho/euclidean/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.8/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: error: /home/marinho/euclidean/out/target/product/grouper/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libm_intermediates/libm.a(e_sqrtf.o): multiple definition of 'sqrtf'
/home/marinho/euclidean/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.8/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: /home/marinho/euclidean/out/target/product/grouper/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libm_intermediates/libm.a(e_sqrtf.o): previous definition here
/home/marinho/euclidean/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.8/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: error: /home/marinho/euclidean/out/target/product/grouper/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libm_intermediates/libm.a(e_sqrt.o): multiple definition of 'sqrt'
/home/marinho/euclidean/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.8/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: /home/marinho/euclidean/out/target/product/grouper/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libm_intermediates/libm.a(e_sqrt.o): previous definition here
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
build/core/shared_library.mk:81: recipe for target '/home/marinho/euclidean/out/target/product/grouper/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libm_intermediates/LINKED/libm.so' failed
make: *** [/home/marinho/euclidean/out/target/product/grouper/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libm_intermediates/LINKED/libm.so] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

Total time elapsed: 116 minutes (6967.715944566 seconds)

I think I found the solution, let's see
please could you provide the fix...it might be usefull for others devs...thank you
i have same kind of error but with another lib when compiling liquid rom
HUAWEI:U8230/HONOR(U8860)---SAMSUNG:G YOUNG/G S---SONY: XPERIA Z

marcomarinho
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,155

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by desalesouche View Post
please could you provide the fix...it might be usefull for others devs...thank you
i have same kind of error but with another lib when compiling liquid rom
This happens due a dirty compile. All you need to do is this:
Code:
make clean
rm -rf ~/.ccache
Thanks to @bigsupersquid
Someone told me that who has big dreams, the fall is great.. But they forgot to ask me If I was afraid of falling
The Following User Says Thank You to marcomarinho For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Fred6681
Old
(Last edited by Fred6681; 28th August 2014 at 08:20 PM.)
Thanks Meter 92
Hello,

JustArchi's optimizations, ok for linaro 4.10 ? --> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1269

Anyone have tested ?
Sorry if I speak bad English, I usually use an online translator

Do not hesitate to click THANKS if I deserve

The Following User Says Thank You to Fred6681 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

95A31
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,955

DONATE TO ME
Someone have solution for this?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=171

Tags
justarchi archidroid optimizations linaro hack