Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,883 Members 41,964 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ALL Variants] Update / Restore to Stock your LG G3

Tip us?

scarecrow2012
Old
(Last edited by scarecrow2012; Yesterday at 11:54 PM.)
Thanks Meter 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by D0MINO View Post
@scarecrow2012

I asked if the version I needed was the Europe_NoBrand_32GB one and you confirmed thanks. Only thing now is that there appears no TOT file for this?

Someone else asked for this in another section but it was not answered. I am guessing that this means this version cannot be flashed to stock without this at this current time.
Once you download it and extract it the TOT file should be in the extracted folder. There is no DLL file in the extracted folder, it can be downloaded from the link you posted. Hit the back link next to Europe_NoBrand_32GB for that file.
The Following User Says Thank You to scarecrow2012 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

D0MINO
Old
(Last edited by D0MINO; Today at 06:00 AM.) Reason: Problem solved with pictures
Thanks Meter 4
Thanks for this but I have been having problems with flashing due to it saying the download mode could not be activated after the green percentage gets to about 12%, then it goes red and says failed. I am on Win 8.1 Pro and will try my desktop with Win 7 and see if that works.

I think someone mentioned it before but I would highly recommend you rewrite your entire post to give a proper full tutorial with additional notes on such things as using Win 7 to avoid compatibility issues with the flash software and making sure to use a USB 2.0 port for activating download mode. As it stands, I find your initial post a little confusing and not all that helpful since we have to go to another page to follow someone else's instructions (i.e it is not your work but then you are asking people to refer back to you as the source if they post elsewhere?) plus there is no 'TEST 3' image (You must have meant image STEP 3) but this screenshot would have been helpful to display by yourself rather than us having to figure it out. Not only that but I don't really fancy going through 25 pages of posts to find where my problem might lie and realise it's probably as simple as using Win 7.

I don't mean to have a go but having just upgraded from an i9000 with which I had 4yrs of experience on XDA with highly detailed step by step tutorials on flashing custom ROMS/Kernels and such, this really is a poorly written 'tutorial' in comparison and has frustrated me! Sorry!

UPDATE: Using a Win 7 machine resulted in no problems and a perfect flash. I can only suggest to everyone with Win 8 that IT JUST WILL NOT WORK & YOU HAVE HAVE TO USE WIN 7, so stop filling threads with issues that nobody can help you with until you have at least tried this.

As a correction to my posting above, the TEST 3 image IS NOT STEP 3 (nor TEST 3 in fact!) but in fact a blue screen which comes up after a successful flash stating a factory reset with the number 3..Honestly, even a rocket scientist wouldn't be able to figure this one out, so you see what I am saying about (the frustration felt from following) your poorly written tutorial.

I am posting the images below so it will help others.

When you flash correctly then this screen comes up on the PC:

And the phone should show this so you can unplug the USB now and reset (This is what was meant by the 'TEST 3' image):

After this it will restart and show a green android with an atom on inside on its side for a few seconds with a progress bar (similar to this):

then restart automatically again and your phone should be reset to stock!
Phones: LG G3 (D855) & Samsung Galaxy S1 (I9000)

If you feel I have helped in anyway then please click the THANKS!