Project Ara Smartphone Will Run Modified Android L with Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and … more

Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

[Q] Trcafone S4 SM-S975L I NEED ROOT!!!

26th June 2014, 05:37 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Katy, TX
Thanks Meter: 0

14 posts
More
I have a Tracfone and it is on Straight Talk and I would like to obtain ROOT ACCESS for it PLEASE!!! If it is similar with a different model phone and I can use those files please let me know.
26th June 2014, 01:55 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 555

1,807 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raider09

I have a Tracfone and it is on Straight Talk and I would like to obtain ROOT ACCESS for it PLEASE!!! If it is similar with a different model phone and I can use those files please let me know.

Use TowelRoot.
The Following User Says Thank You to Joku1981 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th June 2014, 04:28 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Katy, TX

14 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joku1981

Use TowelRoot.

The thread is for the S5, are you sure it will work for the S4?
26th June 2014, 04:42 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 555

1,807 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

The thread is for the S5, are you sure it will work for the S4?

Worked for me in my Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-i9505.
26th June 2014, 04:50 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Katy, TX

14 posts
More
Quote:

Worked for me in my Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-i9505.

And I have an SM-S975L... I need to know FOR SURE if it will work. It's my person's phone that I have to do and they live 40 miles away and I didn't want to waste time going and it doesn't.
26th June 2014, 11:23 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Flag Katy, TX

14 posts
More
Quote:

Use TowelRoot.

It did work on it and also on a Note 3 from Sprint... THANKS!!!
26th June 2014, 11:28 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Flag Katy, TX

14 posts
More
Is there also a method to unlock this particular tracfone to work on the T-Mobile network?
10th July 2014, 05:37 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 1

50 posts
Quote:

Is there also a method to unlock this particular tracfone to work on the T-Mobile network?

TracFone Wireless, Inc. Unlocking Policy
If you bought a new wireless phone from TracFone Wireless, Inc. (“TracFone”), including any new TracFone, NET10, Straight Talk or Telcel America branded wireless phone (“device”), it may have been programmed with a lock that prevents it from operating with other compatible wireless services. TracFone will facilitate unlocking your device upon request provided that you have met the requirements set forth below:
General Eligibility Requirements for Unlocking TracFone Mobile Devices
TracFone will facilitate the unlocking of a TracFone device under the following circumstances:

The person requesting the unlock must be one of the following:
a current TracFone customer who provides the IMEI/MEID serial number of the device
a former TracFone customer who provides the IMEI/MEID serial number of the device
The TracFone device was first introduced for sale on or after January 1, 2014.
The TracFone device has been in service for at least 12 months with paid, verifiable airtime.
The TracFone device has not been reported lost or stolen.
The TracFone device is deemed by TracFone to be capable of being unlocked.
Important Information about Device Unlocking
Whether an unlocked TracFone device can be used on another carrier’s network is subject to that carrier’s policies and network compatibilities. Even if a different carrier will activate a TracFone device on its network, there are no guarantees that a TracFone device will perform on another carrier’s network or that any or all device features or functionalities will be fully or partially operational. It is solely your responsibility to determine the device’s compatibility on another carrier’s network prior to unlocking the device. On certain devices, not all functionality may be unlocked. By submitting a request to unlock a device, you waive any remaining warranty on the device and you assume full responsibility for the device’s functionality and performance on any network. By submitting a request to unlock a device, you release TracFone and the device manufacturer from any and all liability associated with the device, the unlocking of the device and the device’s performance and you acknowledge that you have no claim or remedy against TracFone or the device manufacturer, for any reason.

TracFone reserves the right to deny any unlock request that it concludes would result in an abuse of this policy or is part of an effort to defraud TracFone or its customers, or is intended to further any unlawful or illegal activity, or poses a threat to public safety or national security. TracFone further reserves the right to alter this unlocking policy at its discretion without advance notice. TracFone’s most current unlocking policy will be posted on its website.
The Following User Says Thank You to toneedo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th July 2014, 06:16 PM   |  #9  

14 posts
Quote:

hi! i have the same phone .. i got the towelroot and my phone is rooted now ... how to unlock it tho :/
31st August 2014, 08:50 AM   |  #10  
Flag Indiana, USA
Thanks Meter: 15

32 posts
More
S975L and Towelroot
SM-S975L Galaxy S4 Straight Talk Official Phone Variant running Android 4.3 working with Towelroot.
Build: JSS15J.S975LUDUANB1

Has NOT tripped bootloader Knox Warranty Bit.. 0x0
Cannot get a pic.. its tiny ass writing on that screen.

On Settings > About Device > Status > Device Status.. it is saying 'Custom'
but once you factory reset and remove towelroot and supersu it does return to 'Official'

I am okay with this because this will never update to 4.4.2..
Straight Talk with never update this phone.. but I guess if I did factory reset then I could update.
Staying with Factory Recovery.

Working smooth with no fast battery drain and 4G speed.

Get Towelroot here
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-08-31 03.14.43.png
Views:	33
Size:	135.3 KB
ID:	2919077   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-08-31 03.16.43.png
Views:	23
Size:	116.0 KB
ID:	2919078  
Last edited by Creeper36; 31st August 2014 at 10:49 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread