Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Any suggestions on how my application downloads soared?

OP ChasityComerford

29th January 2014, 03:25 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Ray City, Georgia
Thanks Meter: 0

31 posts
More
First, thanks for reading this post and thanks, in advance, for any input or suggestions.

One of my free themes has made a very drastic rise in downloads. I am a new developer and am having a little difficulty in getting discovered. I was averaging only a 2-10 downloads a day on this particular app. Then about a week or two ago they jumped to 50-70 downloads a day. But, in the past three days I have gotten around 2000 or more, about 650-690 downloads a day. I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas on things I could try to find out what has caused this dramatic increase. I can't pin point what I may have done differently because I'm constantly trying different things and reaching out along with researching and such. I know the downloads are coming from somewhere, just unsure as to where. Any suggestions?

Thank you for your time.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
29th January 2014, 08:31 PM   |  #2  
Flag Aachen
Thanks Meter: 337

345 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasityComerford

First, thanks for reading this post and thanks, in advance, for any input or suggestions.

One of my free themes has made a very drastic rise in downloads. I am a new developer and am having a little difficulty in getting discovered. I was averaging only a 2-10 downloads a day on this particular app. Then about a week or two ago they jumped to 50-70 downloads a day. But, in the past three days I have gotten around 2000 or more, about 650-690 downloads a day. I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas on things I could try to find out what has caused this dramatic increase. I can't pin point what I may have done differently because I'm constantly trying different things and reaching out along with researching and such. I know the downloads are coming from somewhere, just unsure as to where. Any suggestions?

Thank you for your time.

Can't you use Google analytics to find out how the people find your app (like this)? Just for interest sake, what app was it? And why aren't just happy about that, I would love to have such a jump in downloads
29th January 2014, 09:07 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Ray City, Georgia
Thanks Meter: 0

31 posts
More
Google Analytics, to my understanding, has to be implemented into the apk. Forgive me if that's not correct, it shows how much I actually know. And I am so very happy about my download rise, that is why I'm trying to investigate how this happened so I can do it for my other themes that are currently listed and for future apparently as well.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
31st August 2014, 09:59 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1

12 posts
I would guess after the initial jump you got into the "trending" list on the google play store, giving you exposure to a much larger userbase
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread