Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,371 Members 38,656 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Remote steering wheel control ( v1.2.1 ) based on Arduino + (BT)?

Tip us?
 
_crue_
Old
#141  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 135
Posts: 236
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by la.ouiche View Post
Could you please explain what the fix is about ? Will it bring more stability ?
I have no particular issue with the app except that sometimes when switching the car on it asks if the app should be used with usb, despite the fact that I always check 'remember my choice'
this is a ROM issues ('remember my choice') actually "feature". I've added more practical workaround, but sometimes it still asks for permissions, especially when USB device changed it's location.

fix related only to users who uses FTDI devices.
I'm waiting for @eason86 to test it, and then will release it here.

but there is no extra changes - only for FTDI
 
la.ouiche
Old
#142  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 208
Join Date: Dec 2009
I wonder about FTDI if this applies to me, as I have also a N7 2012 running USBROM
 
_crue_
Old
#143  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 135
Posts: 236
Join Date: Nov 2013
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
version 1.2.2:
  • updated to 1.2.2
  • fixed issues related to using of FTDI devices
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to _crue_ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
eason86
Old
#144  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 16
Join Date: Jan 2011
Hi Crue

The steering wheel button value on my car varies around 30. I have to reset the value once in a while, i don't know whats causing it.

Can you change the +/- selection to 30?
 
_crue_
Old
#145  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 135
Posts: 236
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by eason86 View Post
Hi Crue

The steering wheel button value on my car varies around 30. I have to reset the value once in a while, i don't know whats causing it.

Can you change the +/- selection to 30?
you could handle this in sketch. add there a few "if" with ranges to send stable value
this much easy then create a new version
 
eason86
Old
#146  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 16
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by _crue_ View Post
you could handle this in sketch. add there a few "if" with ranges to send stable value
this much easy then create a new version
Thanks for the tip, i will give it a go
 
la.ouiche
Old
#147  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 208
Join Date: Dec 2009
Hi crue,

Sorry to come here to bother you, but I don't understand why everytime I switch on my car, despite the N7 is going well out of deep sleep everytime I have InputManager that is bring in front (with the interface to modify mappings), and I have to press home button to return in a usuable state. It wasn't the case before the update, what can I do to prevent this from happening ?
 
_crue_
Old
#148  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 135
Posts: 236
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by la.ouiche View Post
Hi crue,

Sorry to come here to bother you, but I don't understand why everytime I switch on my car, despite the N7 is going well out of deep sleep everytime I have InputManager that is bring in front (with the interface to modify mappings), and I have to press home button to return in a usuable state. It wasn't the case before the update, what can I do to prevent this from happening ?
it more related to ROM, try to remove it from "recent apps"
I'm working on new version
there will be a lot new

also will be support of master BT modules.
I will check maybe I will add props for app to do not include it in recents.
The Following User Says Thank You to _crue_ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
la.ouiche
Old
#149  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 208
Join Date: Dec 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by _crue_ View Post
it more related to ROM, try to remove it from "recent apps"
I'm working on new version
there will be a lot new

also will be support of master BT modules.
I will check maybe I will add props for app to do not include it in recents.
mmmh you're teasing me with your new version !
I've just tried to remove it using the multitask button and it doesn't pop up anymore.
I didn't thought of that simple action, and it anoyed me for almost 2 months...
Again : Thanks !
 
_crue_
Old
#150  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 135
Posts: 236
Join Date: Nov 2013
--
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
version 1.3.0:
  • updated to 1.3.0
  • added support bluetooth devices in master mode (in general much better then use look device conncetion)
  • connection fixes for bluetooth
  • added broadcasting data recive action for communicating with external apps
    action: org.kangaroo.rim.action.ACTION_DATA_RECEIVE
    exrta: org.kangaroo.rim.device.EXTRA_COMMAND, org.kangaroo.rim.device.EXTRA_ARGS
    data format that accepted from device "<extra_command:extra_args>"
  • added support recive data from external apps for sending to device
    action: org.kangaroo.rim.action.ACTION_DATA_SEND
    exrta: org.kangaroo.rim.device.EXTRA_COMMAND, org.kangaroo.rim.device.EXTRA_ARGS
    data format that will be sent to device "<extra_command:extra_args>"

more details in first post.

Tags
arduino, bluetooth, in-car, remote control andorid, steering wheel controls
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes