Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more

Pratically given up on m8 with windows 8.1. What can I do?

OP unbroken

27th April 2014, 12:06 AM   |  #11  
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 4,781

5,559 posts
Donate to Me
More
I have no issues on win 8.1 I use the Google USB drivers that are with the sdk. The first time, I do have to go into device manager and update the driver. When it asks do you want to locate the driver or pick it from a list select pick from a list. There should be an Android entry if you installed the USB driver. Select that and then select adb interface. You'll also have to do the same for fastboot mode the first time.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
27th April 2014, 12:10 AM   |  #12  
Flag Ellesmere Port
Thanks Meter: 88

1,261 posts
More
I couldn't find a working version of ADB for 8.1 however I installed HTC Sync from the virtual CD and that installed all the drivers. Uninstalled sync manager cos I don't use it and the drivers remain and work fine.
27th April 2014, 12:13 AM   |  #13  
Flag boosbeck
Thanks Meter: 50

200 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by graffixnyc

I have no issues on win 8.1 I use the Google USB drivers that are with the sdk. The first time, I do have to go into device manager and update the driver. When it asks do you want to locate the driver or pick it from a list select pick from a list. There should be an Android entry if you installed the USB driver. Select that and then select adb interface. You'll also have to do the same for fastboot mode the first time.

check your usb 3 controller. Is it intel 3.0 usb controller. if you see intel xtensible controller in device manager this could be the issue, it can break adb on all ports. here is a link to a fix for this usb problem i can confirm it works as i have had this issue myself. Hope this helps

http://plugable.com/2012/12/01/windo...st-controllers
The Following User Says Thank You to dazbutler1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th April 2014, 05:36 AM   |  #14  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 8

44 posts
More
Had the same issue when trying to achieve root. Booted Windows to advanced start up and disabled the driver enforcement and everything just went smooth from there. Drivers installed just fine and everything just worked.

31st August 2014, 07:54 AM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 20

89 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbroken

I cant get adb drivers to work with 8.1. I've tried every driver in the book. Followed a few guides , erased drivers , reinstalled , even at one point tried reinstalling windows , different USB port, different cable . now I am no means a novice , but is there something simple I'm missing ? Any help appreciated

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using xda app-developers app

search for all-in-one-toolkit for the M8. it has links to installing drivers, u can use that toolkit to flash RUU, kernel, recovery, unlock bootloader and even run commands.
31st August 2014, 11:49 AM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 16

101 posts
More
I used pdanet to install drivers for fastboot, you might wanna try it.

Sent from HTC One m8, or maybe not anymore
31st August 2014, 11:58 AM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 40

293 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosch89

Had the same issue when trying to achieve root. Booted Windows to advanced start up and disabled the driver enforcement and everything just went smooth from there. Drivers installed just fine and everything just worked.

This is likely the issue.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread