Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,443 Members 48,305 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
Announcement from aways: C-RoM 4.4.2 AOSP ONLINE!!!!...

[ROM][AOSP][KK][22/06] **C-RoM** -4.4.4- -v7.1...

Tip us?

ShredCreature
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by herege View Post
Thank you very much for the reply.
What's the changes I need to make with trickers mod?
Can u share the changes u make?

This ROM also have a way to change some of CPU values like frequencies and governor in setting -> performance.

Changing the setting there or in trickster mod is not the same thing?

Thanks
The problem is that the settings don't stick after a reboot, that's why you need trickster. What I did is change the minimum CPU frequency to 300, and then set changes to be applied after boot. By doing that, you will get the right behaviour all the time. Another cool thing to do is to use ART instead of Dalvik. That will give you a bit of extra battery life and noticeable improvements in terms of UI smoothness and snappiness.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Altair681
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredCreature View Post
The problem is that the settings don't stick after a reboot, that's why you need trickster. What I did is change the minimum CPU frequency to 300, and then set changes to be applied after boot. By doing that, you will get the right behaviour all the time. Another cool thing to do is to use ART instead of Dalvik. That will give you a bit of extra battery life and noticeable improvements in terms of UI smoothness and snappiness.

Hey,
whenever I flash a custom kernel on my note the screen stays black after I reboot... is there anything else I have to do?

cheers

ShredCreature
Old
Thanks Meter 13
That can't be answered without more details. To begin with, you need to flash a kernel that actually works with this ROM, there aren't many...

Altair681
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
That can't be answered without more details. To begin with, you need to flash a kernel that actually works with this ROM, there aren't many...

I tried flashing Lean 3.1 and even with other roms kernels that were confirmed to work with that just made the my note stay black at boot

ShredCreature
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair681 View Post
I tried flashing Lean 3.1 and even with other roms kernels that were confirmed to work with that just made the my note stay black at boot
Lean 3.1 is confirmed to work, I have it working myself. Are you clearing cache and Dalvik cache?

alexheng81
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Does the s-pen features work? Cheers

dramitt_live
Old
Thanks Meter 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexheng81 View Post
No! It requires Samsung framework, But there are alternatives, check it out http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2611415 some effort before posting random question would be really nice

sent from a Galaxy Note 3

Altair681
Old
(Last edited by Altair681; 28th August 2014 at 10:38 AM.)
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Lean 3.1 is confirmed to work, I have it working myself. Are you clearing cache and Dalvik cache?

Yep cleared it right after flashing the kernel... Btw I flashed via twrp 2.7.2.0 but actually that's not a problem is it?

ShredCreature
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair681 View Post
Yep cleared it right after flashing the kernel... Btw I flashed via twrp 2.7.2.0 but actually that's not a problem is it?
It should not be, no, but I use CWM, so I can't be sure... It's all very strange as I think you are doing all the right things...

One suggestion is that you try temasek ROM instead, it's really good and comes with all the expected tweaks out of the box.

Good luck!

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexheng81 View Post
As already mentioned, most won't work, but stylus beta is an application available in the Google play store that helps get the stylus as another input method for all apps... And it works better than Samsung's stuff!

The Following User Says Thank You to ShredCreature For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Altair681
Old
(Last edited by Altair681; Yesterday at 01:00 PM.)
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
It should not be, no, but I use CWM, so I can't be sure... It's all very strange as I think you are doing all the right things...

One suggestion is that you try temasek ROM instead, it's really good and comes with all the expected tweaks out of the box.

Good luck!

Alright, thanks anyways!