Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,443 Members 48,305 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
Announcement from aways: C-RoM 4.4.2 AOSP ONLINE!!!!...

[ROM][AOSP][KK][22/06] **C-RoM** -4.4.4- -v7.1...

Tip us?
 
ShredCreature
Old
#1091  
ShredCreature's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 62
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by herege View Post
Thank you very much for the reply.
What's the changes I need to make with trickers mod?
Can u share the changes u make?

This ROM also have a way to change some of CPU values like frequencies and governor in setting -> performance.

Changing the setting there or in trickster mod is not the same thing?

Thanks
The problem is that the settings don't stick after a reboot, that's why you need trickster. What I did is change the minimum CPU frequency to 300, and then set changes to be applied after boot. By doing that, you will get the right behaviour all the time. Another cool thing to do is to use ART instead of Dalvik. That will give you a bit of extra battery life and noticeable improvements in terms of UI smoothness and snappiness.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
 
Altair681
Old
#1092  
Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 42
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Stuttgart
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredCreature View Post
The problem is that the settings don't stick after a reboot, that's why you need trickster. What I did is change the minimum CPU frequency to 300, and then set changes to be applied after boot. By doing that, you will get the right behaviour all the time. Another cool thing to do is to use ART instead of Dalvik. That will give you a bit of extra battery life and noticeable improvements in terms of UI smoothness and snappiness.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Hey,
whenever I flash a custom kernel on my note the screen stays black after I reboot... is there anything else I have to do?

cheers
 
ShredCreature
Old
#1093  
ShredCreature's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 62
Join Date: Jun 2014
That can't be answered without more details. To begin with, you need to flash a kernel that actually works with this ROM, there aren't many...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
 
Altair681
Old
#1094  
Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 42
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Stuttgart
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredCreature View Post
That can't be answered without more details. To begin with, you need to flash a kernel that actually works with this ROM, there aren't many...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
I tried flashing Lean 3.1 and even with other roms kernels that were confirmed to work with that just made the my note stay black at boot
 
ShredCreature
Old
#1095  
ShredCreature's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 62
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair681 View Post
I tried flashing Lean 3.1 and even with other roms kernels that were confirmed to work with that just made the my note stay black at boot
Lean 3.1 is confirmed to work, I have it working myself. Are you clearing cache and Dalvik cache?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
 
alexheng81
Old
#1096  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 28
Join Date: Jun 2012
Does the s-pen features work? Cheers
 
dramitt_live
Old
#1097  
dramitt_live's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 300
Posts: 468
Join Date: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexheng81 View Post
Does the s-pen features work? Cheers
No! It requires Samsung framework, But there are alternatives, check it out http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2611415 some effort before posting random question would be really nice

sent from a Galaxy Note 3
 
Altair681
Old
(Last edited by Altair681; 28th August 2014 at 10:38 AM.)
#1098  
Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 42
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Stuttgart
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredCreature View Post
Lean 3.1 is confirmed to work, I have it working myself. Are you clearing cache and Dalvik cache?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Yep cleared it right after flashing the kernel... Btw I flashed via twrp 2.7.2.0 but actually that's not a problem is it?
 
ShredCreature
Old
#1099  
ShredCreature's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 62
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair681 View Post
Yep cleared it right after flashing the kernel... Btw I flashed via twrp 2.7.2.0 but actually that's not a problem is it?
It should not be, no, but I use CWM, so I can't be sure... It's all very strange as I think you are doing all the right things...

One suggestion is that you try temasek ROM instead, it's really good and comes with all the expected tweaks out of the box.

Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexheng81 View Post
Does the s-pen features work? Cheers
As already mentioned, most won't work, but stylus beta is an application available in the Google play store that helps get the stylus as another input method for all apps... And it works better than Samsung's stuff!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to ShredCreature For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Altair681
Old
(Last edited by Altair681; Yesterday at 01:00 PM.)
#1100  
Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 42
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Stuttgart
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredCreature View Post
It should not be, no, but I use CWM, so I can't be sure... It's all very strange as I think you are doing all the right things...

One suggestion is that you try temasek ROM instead, it's really good and comes with all the expected tweaks out of the box.

Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Alright, thanks anyways!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes