Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,560 Members 54,477 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
Announcement from blueberry6401: For F180L/S/K

[ROM][4.4.2][KOREAN VARIANTS] Sling v2.2.2

Tip us?

scytalemk
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Messed up my old Rom. Stuck on logo. Now I can't get in to recovery also.

huy_gm
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by scytalemk View Post
Messed up my old Rom. Stuck on logo. Now I can't get in to recovery also.
Then use fastboot to flash recovery or download mode to kdz again.

JiroPrinz8
Old
Thanks Meter 296
Hey guys, need a little help on getting on the KK bandwagon. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to the quickest way i can install this ROM?
Im currently running:
F180LV20P
JB 4.1.2
Stock Not rooted
No Recovery yet

I dont expect to be spoonfed, just the right direction,
I've already downloaded the official KK KDZ for F180L, should i flash stock KK before trying to.get root, unlocked BL, recovery?
Can i simply unlock BL root and install recovery then flash this directly coming from JB? If so what would be the best route to get all 3 (root,cwm,unlocked bl) if im currently on stock JB?

Appreciate your help. Thanks
LG Optimus G F180L[Int'l]
[ROM] Sling V2.2 [KK 4.4.2]
[Recovery] FreeGee CWM

cogito ergo sum

JiroPrinz8
Old
Thanks Meter 296
So I couldn't wait for a reply and I jumped the gun and flashed the ROM! LOL.

Everything went smoothly, and I am loving it! Smooth as butter and no issues whatsoever! All the goodies of stock but in an International form, no Korean bloat nothing I don't understand. Awesome work to the Dev! Thank you Sir!

Although, it could have been reallyyyy bad, coz i didn't know that wiping data from CWM (Freegee) also wiped the whole SD Card! So I backed up everything but lost all of it after flashing the ROM. Good thing I didn't have a soft brick coz the nandroid i made was also wiped clean.

That's the question I have next, i havent heard of a CWM wiping internal storage when you do a data/system wipe, reason why I was really surprised to find out that my internal SD card got wiped out. Any ideas??
[Recovery] FreeGee CWM

cogito ergo sum

kt-Froggy
Old
Thanks Meter 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by JiroPrinz8 View Post
That's the question I have next, i havent heard of a CWM wiping internal storage when you do a data/system wipe, reason why I was really surprised to find out that my internal SD card got wiped out. Any ideas??
I am using PhilZ Advanced CWM Touch, and haven't used the original CWM for quite some time, so I don't know if there are differences in the wipe logic between the two. But PhilZ CWM definitely does NOT wipe the internal SD when you either "wipe data", or "format /data": it always preserves /data/media. It actually has a separate option to wipe an entire /data partition, but you have to specifically pick that option from the menu. Are you sure you didn't accidentally pick the wrong wipe option?

As a side note, I would personally recommend PhilZ Advanced CWM any day. In my experience, this is the best recovery available.
Optimus G F180S, VDT V23 (KK 4.4.2)
Galaxy S5, rooted stock 4.4.2
Venue 8, rooted stock 4.4.2

To whom it may concern: STOP nagging about pressing the freakin' Thanks button!!! It is rude, stupid, and annoying as hell. I am not an idiot who needs a huge in-my-face reminder to press it, and I will press it when I feel thankful, not because you asked for it!
The Following User Says Thank You to kt-Froggy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JiroPrinz8
Old
Thanks Meter 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by kt-Froggy View Post
I am using PhilZ Advanced CWM Touch, and haven't used the original CWM for quite some time, so I don't know if there are differences in the wipe logic between the two. But PhilZ CWM definitely does NOT wipe the internal SD when you either "wipe data", or "format /data": it always preserves /data/media. It actually has a separate option to wipe an entire /data partition, but you have to specifically pick that option from the menu. Are you sure you didn't accidentally pick the wrong wipe option?

As a side note, I would personally recommend PhilZ Advanced CWM any day. In my experience, this is the best recovery available.
Yeah pretty sure i only wiped data. And system partitions. Would love to use pHilz, not sure though if it's compatible with F180.
[Recovery] FreeGee CWM

cogito ergo sum

kt-Froggy
Old
(Last edited by kt-Froggy; 31st August 2014 at 06:42 PM.)
Thanks Meter 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by JiroPrinz8 View Post
Would love to use pHilz, not sure though if it's compatible with F180.
It depends... Recovery itself is compatible, but the install script may not be. There is a package compiled for E975, so if your phone identifies itself as such, you are good. If it identifies as F180 (as mine does), then simply remove the assert line in the script, that's it.

Phil stopped maintaining his recovery for our device, but luckily, another good samaritan here took over this task.
Optimus G F180S, VDT V23 (KK 4.4.2)
Galaxy S5, rooted stock 4.4.2
Venue 8, rooted stock 4.4.2

To whom it may concern: STOP nagging about pressing the freakin' Thanks button!!! It is rude, stupid, and annoying as hell. I am not an idiot who needs a huge in-my-face reminder to press it, and I will press it when I feel thankful, not because you asked for it!

The Following User Says Thank You to kt-Froggy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]