Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,645 Members 38,732 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Off Topic discussion for Mega owners! Feedback and Support. :)

Tip us?

henndawg
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Still no custom rom huh? What ever happened to hopsin4444? I just hooked him up with the referrer for my xda account too.. eff. lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using XDA Free mobile app

Teyshablue
Old
Thanks Meter 163
Well, given up on waiting. I figured that If I couldn't get the Mega to perform like I want it to then I'll just buy a phone that can beast out of the box...so I bought a G3. Good luck with the boot loader. I hope someone steps up and figures it out.
Crushing humanity one post at a time.
www.soundclick.com/teysha

karunch
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Default Need stock boot image of I9200ZTUCML4

Anyone please upload stock boot image of I9200ZTUCML4

Thanks in advance

eksasol
Old
Thanks Meter 695
I don't own this device and I probably will never buy a Samsung again, but a friend of mine got a Gear watch for his birthday and it's not compatible because it required Android 4.3 which is not available for the MetroPCS Mega. So I installed CyanogenMod on it for him, the phone felt 3 times faster, but also crashing a lot. I'm not a fan of big phones, but I actually like the form factor of this device which make a good mini tablet.

captemo
Old
Thanks Meter 1,004
I hate to say it, but I think I am about done here. Not on XDA, but with the Mega. 10 months of this and nothing. Not from lack of trying and I whole heartedly thank every Individual and valiant effort that was made. I am too stu-stu-stoopid to do it myself, but if nobody has cracked this nut yet, it must be a marvel of technology.
I have it on Next program and I am uncertain yet as to whether I will trade it in or finish paying for it. Kids seem to like as a small tablet.

I have no idea what to get next as my guess is AT&T will have everything locked down now and nothing has this screen size

CAPT. EMO Senior Member
Samsung Infuse i997.......retired
Samsung Galaxy Note i717.......semi retired
Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 i527.......active duty

sashusmom
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 513
Quote:
Originally Posted by captemo View Post
I hate to say it, but I think I am about done here. Not on XDA, but with the Mega. 10 months of this and nothing. Not from lack of trying and I whole heartedly thank every Individual and valiant effort that was made. I am too stu-stu-stoopid to do it myself, but if nobody has cracked this nut yet, it must be a marvel of technology.
I have it on Next program and I am uncertain yet as to whether I will trade it in or finish paying for it. Kids seem to like as a small tablet.

I have no idea what to get next as my guess is AT&T will have everything locked down now and nothing has this screen size

Sorry to hear it capt. Right now I have a data only sim in mine, The new talkatone app (does not use GV now) is working great- they assign a number to call and text with. It allows this mini tablet to makes calls and texts over data quite reliably as well as receive texts and calls.. So it is great as a tablet on the go and t-mobile data works quite well with respectable speeds- even on this Att phablet. 15mbps down and up with pings in the 30's. So my main phone is Att- iphone 5s and this Mega make a pretty good travel team with the t-mo sim too.

Enjoy your LaborDay weekend Capt. Hope you find something that works for you. I should have kept 4.3 with the working root. 4.4 didn't really add much, and the app I needed to work is not so hot. Oh well. Live and learn!
SG Note-i717 -SG Mega i527 (stock KK) iphone 5s-JB nokia 521/win8.1
SG note 8/JB TF101/dock/kitkat
It doesn't cost anything to be nice and say thank you!
The Following User Says Thank You to sashusmom For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]